Hi again, after few weeks. I have interesting progress. Quick recapitulation: I bought new gfx card (Ati HD5830), but computer doesn´t work. No POST, no BIOS and black "no signal" screen. I get only one long beep followed by three short ones. But everything works separately, motherboard is OK, RAM is OK, PSU is OK, CPU is OK and gfx card also.
(BTW my PC: Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe, Athlon A64 X2 3800, 2x 1GB DDR2 800MHz PC6400 A-DATA, Fortron 400W and Sapphire HD5830 EXTREME 1GB - substitute for dead X1950Pro)
However after many attempts, I managed to start up computer - very strange way. How?
1) turn on PC and after approximately 45sec is there error beep code, no signal on monitor and gfx fan runs on max
2) blindly hitting F1 (CMOS error) and boot continues
3) I hear WinXP start, still no picture
4) blindly hitting sleep command (Alt+F4 then Alt+P)
5) I move my mouse, computer awakes and what a surprise: still no picture
but gfx fan suddenly run smooth and on low silent speed
6) blindly hitting restart (Alt+F4 then Alt+R) and I do not believe my eyes
7) POST will be done immediately, the picture starts... computer simply works without any problems
How is this possible? Is it normal? And where is the problem? Agent Mulder? Anyone?