post #9771 of 13132 Old 05-11-2011, 08:40 PM
AMD Overclocker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by incurablegeek View Post
Even though I didn't think it could solve the problem (there is a separate red warning light for DRAM), I did try that and it did not solve the problem.

And yes my RAM is Dual Channel (4 Gig X4 = 16 Gig): Corsair DDR3 XMS3

So $hitsky, it sure looks like I need to remove the heatsink and check the CPU, not a lot of other choices I guess.

As Henry Ford once said, "You can have any color you want as long as it's black." Only one choice, so easy to decide.
there are 4 led right of the 24 pin power connector see page 2-5 in the formula manual ----- boot_device_led is at the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9772 of 13132 Old 05-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Hardline upgrade!

Liked: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeky View Post
there are 4 led right of the 24 pin power connector see page 2-5 in the formula manual ----- boot_device_led is at the top
I don't know about anyone else but my system tells me when the OS isn't found.

~Ceadder

10 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge 3 x Participant  Foldathon Folder - 2013 Participant  Foldathon Participant 2015  Foldathon Participant 2016 

post #9773 of 13132 Old 05-11-2011, 09:17 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeky View Post
There is a program called RaidXpert it comes on the ASUS DVD its part of the AMD chipset Driver and you will find the program under the AMD directory
RaidXpert i thought was only for online viewing status of your harddrive and raid status?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9774 of 13132 Old 05-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Hardline upgrade!

Liked: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAsusExtremz View Post
RaidXpert i thought was only for online viewing status of your harddrive and raid status?
Nope, it's your RAID driver.

~Ceadder

10 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge 3 x Participant  Foldathon Folder - 2013 Participant  Foldathon Participant 2015  Foldathon Participant 2016 

post #9775 of 13132 Old 05-11-2011, 09:50 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Yeh, I know that. I was just trying to give the location of the CPU Red Idiot Light, because I did such a sloppy job in my initial post. I only wanted to pooint out that LED I was talking about was not for CPU voltage but rather the integrity of the CPU - no need to be exhaustive.

For what it's worth I never feel slighted by a correction on my posts. You guys are like family and have helped me so much. So I know there's no snippiness involved.

post #9776 of 13132 Old 05-11-2011, 09:58 PM
AMD Overclocker

Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAsusExtremz View Post
on the asus dvd there is a manual that explains the use of raidxpert in detail
post #9777 of 13132 Old 05-12-2011, 02:00 PM
vf-
Console Gamer

Liked: 4
Why are the other fan settings so poor for thermal management on the Crosshair IV Formula? for example I have a PWM fan plugged into (D) OPT_FAN2 for the graphic cards to exhaust. Duty mode is just a fixed percentage and the fan will be stuck at that fixed rpm. The options are poor as well if you set to manual. 30c ambient for low speed, 60c ambient for high speed but I seem to hit a temperature in between and can feel the case side exhaust vent to really heat up and the fan doesn't change speed from relatively low to high. As my case doesn't get anywhere near 60c.

Should the fan be plugged into the next header? (E) CHA_FAN3, this is also the problem though. Looking through the options for those the fan settings are just the same for all those last 3 fan settings. So I'm no better off.

Right now I have it left plugged into (D) OPT_FAN2 with a fixed duty mode of 60/70% which is running at 1500rpm. I would like it to run at full speed when gaming which is 2000rpm and relatively slow when idle for a whisper quiet PC.

Even in the ASUS AI Suite, FanXpert I can only adjust CPU fan and Chassis fan, nothing else for the rest of the PWM fan headers. Why is this? I have those 4 fans finely tuned for when I need the heat to expel.

Why wont Asus let you set your own temperatures? they leave you bogus settings all in 10's. Especially when some wont go lower than a specific value.

post #9778 of 13132 Old 05-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Overclocker

Liked: 6
Hello people I just bought this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231461 Will that work on my board? Does anyone know?
post #9779 of 13132 Old 05-12-2011, 02:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by vf- View Post
Why are the other fan settings so poor for thermal management on the Crosshair IV Formula? for example I have a PWM fan plugged into (D) OPT_FAN2 for the graphic cards to exhaust. Duty mode is just a fixed percentage and the fan will be stuck at that fixed rpm. The options are poor as well if you set to manual. 30c ambient for low speed, 60c ambient for high speed but I seem to hit a temperature in between and can feel the case side exhaust vent to really heat up and the fan doesn't change speed from relatively low to high. As my case doesn't get anywhere near 60c.

Should the fan be plugged into the next header? (E) CHA_FAN3, this is also the problem though. Looking through the options for those the fan settings are just the same for all those last 3 fan settings. So I'm no better off.

Right now I have it left plugged into (D) OPT_FAN2 with a fixed duty mode of 60/70% which is running at 1500rpm. I would like it to run at full speed when gaming which is 2000rpm and relatively slow when idle for a whisper quiet PC.

Even in the ASUS AI Suite, FanXpert I can only adjust CPU fan and Chassis fan, nothing else for the rest of the PWM fan headers. Why is this? I have those 4 fans finely tuned for when I need the heat to expel.

Why wont Asus let you set your own temperatures? they leave you bogus settings all in 10's. Especially when some wont go lower than a specific value.
Fan controller time for you. The Sunbeam Rheosmart would be a good choice since you want full power while gaming but bring the noise down a bit when not gaming. This controller hooks into a PWM header on your mobo but you can also manually control the fans as well.

AMD FX Clubsniper.gif
Validation - Updated as of 4/21/12

Chimp Challenge Participant 

post #9780 of 13132 Old 05-12-2011, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunkazcanbe View Post
Hello people I just bought this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231461 Will that work on my board? Does anyone know?
It should. Ceadder has a set of snipers so he could tell you for sure, although I know he's had a few issues with his.

Vehicles (My Honda Ratio Is Slipping) (Click to show)
'98 Honda Accord EX-V6 sedan: totaled
'00 Honda Civic EX coupe: stolen, recovered, and then sold
'05 Honda Accord EX-V6 coupe: sold
'79 Corolla wagon: sold sad-smiley-002.gif
'97 Honda Civic DX hatchback: sold
'03 Honda CR-V EX: wife's car/family hauler
'91 Honda Civic Wagon DX: sold sad-smiley-002.gif
'14 Ford Fiesta ST: DD

Things TheBlademaster01 Doesn't Understand (Click to show)
English cooking terms
Coffee
Alcohol
Love for winters
Washington, D.C.
Ducks
Jokes

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlademaster01 go_quote.gif

spuerhead

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlademaster01 go_quote.gif