[Official] Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5/UD7 Owners Thread/Club - Page 302 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #3011 of 4334 Old 03-07-2011, 04:49 PM
333mhz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have these modules ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277) in BIOS everytime I try to increase the multiplier for the ram from x6.66 (1333) to (1600) I can not boot the PC.

Currently I have the RAM running @ cpuzf.png

Can anyone give me some insight as what I should do? I am using the F6 BIOS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3012 of 4334 Old 03-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Shocking, isn't it?

Liked: 328
Loosen tCL, tRCD, and tRP to 9. Tighten tRC to 33. If this still does not work, try the tCR at 2T.

Important reading: Terms of Service | Professionalism Initiative
For Sale / Wanted | Freebies
Report and ignore. Do not quote. Do not reply.
If I say anything to upset or confuse you, please PM me!
You should be Folding or Crunching! My stats: F@H, BOINC
Clubs: 890FXA UD5/7 | Firearms | 939 | Pokémon TCG | Cooking with Blitz
- - - - -
"looks pretty flipping consistant to me :D I'm proud fo real" - juano (01/17/2012)
"okay Blitz you win" - juano (01/05/2013)
- - - - -
"Have you heard the news that you're dead? No one ever had much nice
to say, I think they never liked you anyway."
- My Chemical Romance

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Migration_Sherpa  Chimp Challenge Participant X4  Chimp Challenge 3 x Participant  Chimp Challenge Participant  3 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #3013 of 4334 Old 03-07-2011, 04:55 PM
333mhz

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexplodedCow;12595448 
Gsata is controlled by an additional chip not part of SB850. SB850 controls only the blue connectors. If the SB has issues, try the Gsata chip to troubleshoot.

Tried just having one HD in the Gsata chip.. exact same issues so we can rule it out.

Its really weird.. sometimes its absolutely fine then the next day its back to being its very worst again.

Changing the memory clock settings did seem to help a little but I can't be certain..

back to the drawing board im afraid.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3014 of 4334 Old 03-07-2011, 10:04 PM
333mhz

what is the heatsink that has "ultra durable" written on it for?? and what is the rated temp for that component.

post-flame-small.gifNew Zealand Overclock.net Clubpost-flame-small.gif

sneaky.gif: : The Official Corsair H50/H70 Hydro Series Club : : sneaky.gif

*Official* sonic.gifGigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5/UD7 sonic.gif*Club*
post #3015 of 4334 Old 03-07-2011, 10:46 PM
3.5ghz

Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by complience View Post
Tried just having one HD in the Gsata chip.. exact same issues so we can rule it out.

Its really weird.. sometimes its absolutely fine then the next day its back to being its very worst again.

Changing the memory clock settings did seem to help a little but I can't be certain..

back to the drawing board im afraid.

My first UD5 had really random issues about freezing at POST when detecting hard drives, even if none were plugged it. It also exhibited a really, really poor throughput (2MB/S typical). I RMA'd the thing, they sent it back, I RMA'd it again, and they sent a replacement, which has been rock solid since. My only complaint is GB's utter lack of BIOS updates since the new year. Try running some HDD diagnostics, and see how it goes. Mine was the inverse of normal (random spikes to normal speed, staying low). If it doesn't get better, might as well try to RMA it and take a stab at something more stable. It's either going to be the board, the CPU, or the RAM at this point...but I still point the finger at the board (maybe I'm a tad gunshy).

post #3016 of 4334 Old 03-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thsin View Post
what is the heatsink that has "ultra durable" written on it for?? and what is the rated temp for that component.
That's for the PWM area but I'm not sure about the temps.
post #3017 of 4334 Old 03-08-2011, 04:03 PM
333mhz

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexplodedCow;12651629 
My first UD5 had really random issues about freezing at POST when detecting hard drives, even if none were plugged it. It also exhibited a really, really poor throughput (2MB/S typical). I RMA'd the thing, they sent it back, I RMA'd it again, and they sent a replacement, which has been rock solid since. My only complaint is GB's utter lack of BIOS updates since the new year. Try running some HDD diagnostics, and see how it goes. Mine was the inverse of normal (random spikes to normal speed, staying low). If it doesn't get better, might as well try to RMA it and take a stab at something more stable. It's either going to be the board, the CPU, or the RAM at this point...but I still point the finger at the board (maybe I'm a tad gunshy).

This is the third board ive tried, the second of model after RMA the first, they've all had strange problems I couldn't fully identify.

The only component in the whole system I havent changed is the CPU or PSU
its a blackedition so thats where my suspicions now lead

post #3018 of 4334 Old 03-08-2011, 08:10 PM
3.5ghz

Liked: 45
I must've lucked out, actually getting a good one the second time . The first one was extremely flaky, at random.

Sadly, I had to dismantle the water cooling today. The CPU block developed a clog caused by....lint. It was grayish lint, which leads me to think the spare room it was being assembled in was extremely dusty. So, all parts have been washed, rinsed with gallons of distilled water, boiled in distilled water, and finally, stuck in a plastic bag until the inline filter arrives to hopefully prevent any of this in the future. Now that it's apart, I can take better pictures of the individual pieces, how it fits together, and all of that good stuff for those who want to throw their UD5s under the drink (euphemisms and metaphors abound).

post #3019 of 4334 Old 03-08-2011, 08:26 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 3
just finished transfering everything over from my old p180 case, into new silverstone ft02 black without window, amazing temps so far! my old p180 days are finally over.

post #3020 of 4334 Old 03-08-2011, 10:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by polynomialc;12662801 
just finished transfering everything over from my old p180 case, into new silverstone ft02 black without window, amazing temps so far! my old p180 days are finally over.

Nice setup!

30 Million+ Folding at Home points  Foldathon Folder - 2011 Participant  Chimp Challenge Participant X4  Foldathon Participant 2017  Forum Folding War 2017 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page