OMG.....I'm DOOOM - Page 2 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #11 of 22 Old 02-28-2006, 09:04 AM
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Maybe its not a hardware problem...it could be a virus or something like that...i remember on my old pc it would reboot randomly..i installed an antivirus...ran it..and after cleaning up it didnt reboot anymore on its own...so try an antivirus...you could use the Norton internet security 2006 trial...or AVG free antivirus

SEX
Now that ive caught your attention please scroll up and ACTUALLY read my post
FOR SALE Intel Q8200 , POV 8800 GTS 512, Phenom 9500!
IVE GOT SOME SAN ACES FOR US UK GUYS, GIMME A PM IF YOUR INTERESTED
17718 3DMARK 06 score with sig righttp://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=6793718
My Xbox Gamertag is LiL WaKy, i challenge you to Street Fighter IV, COD4 and Forza 2!

Overclock.net 10 Year Member 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 Old 02-28-2006, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter
333mhz

Liked: 0
well...i'm using Mcafee antivirus s/w rightnow...i'm just scan it..NADA..i'm so #@$*ed ...after spent so much money on this rig..also i just reinstall window again...still it RESET on its own ...man it so frustrated..i think i'm gonna take a hammer start smash this rig up.....j/k

post #13 of 22 Old 02-28-2006, 11:40 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortality
As Robilar mention, maybe my power supply cause this...but i actually spent $110 on this Ultra power supply (SLI Ready). It seem power supply is not the case..but i cant figure out what casue this.....

I can sell you a cracker for $300. Does that mean the cracker tastes good? Not at all.

Price can't be used to determine that. You'll need to buy a digital multimeter(they go for $20 at radioshack) and test the rails.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 22 Old 02-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Commodore 64

Did you install the latest Nforce drivers? Is your 6600GT installed in PCI-E1?

post #15 of 22 Old 02-28-2006, 12:16 PM
Commodore 64

Don't want to hijack the thread here but just wanted to quickly check with you guys...

Just got my new rig in the specs below... and I am putting it together right now... the 3700+ is still in the box... Do I run it with stock paste first to see if everything is okay for the first couple of weeks and should I go directly to AS5?

Just wondering if I should run the comp at stock first to see if there are any defects...

post #16 of 22 Old 02-28-2006, 12:42 PM

Liked: 230
How many power connectors have you plugged in to the hdd's, If they're sata drives they only need one supply, two will cause problems

Roads? Where We're Going, We Don't Need Roads!

Overclock.net 10 Year Member 

post #17 of 22 Old 02-28-2006, 12:57 PM

Liked: 19
Quote:
well...i'm using Mcafee antivirus s/w rightnow...i'm just scan it..NADA..i'm so #@$*ed ...after spent so much money on this rig..also i just reinstall window again...still it RESET on its own ...man it so frustrated..i think i'm gonna take a hammer start smash this rig up.....j/k
OK I totally understand that this is frustrating, but look at this issue from all angles and you can figure this out. What I would do first is make sure that you have unplugged everything and re-seated it. Then look for smaller things like is there paper washers on all the screws to the mother board? I heard this might, a small chance, cause shorts in the PC. If you have done all that, look at all the stuff you have in the case and then start un plugging it then starting the computer up and seeing if the issue goes away with certain things unplugged. Do you have another Vid card that you can borrow? That might be over heating, or perhaps reinstall the bios as suggested. How long does it take to reset is it the same amount of time everytime, or just resets right away?

post #18 of 22 Old 02-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Back From The Dead

Liked: 701
http://www.overclock.net/faqs/70895-...ot-my-new.html

That's a FAQ on Troubleshooting new builds.

20110813 - RIP

Take me out into the black, tell them I ain't coming back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
post #19 of 22 Old 02-28-2006, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter
333mhz

well...i just reinstall window again (3rd times) and it working like a charm ...no more reset for 3 hours straight...i'm crossing my fingers right now....anywayz if my rig go 24 hours with out RESET ..i'm gonna overclock it...btw my computer temp is at 21 C (idle) (so FX60 here i come) lol...anywayz thank you guys for all the advices...GREAT FORUM!!!

post #20 of 22 Old 02-28-2006, 03:19 PM

Liked: 19
Quote:
well...i just reinstall window again (3rd times) and it working like a charm ...no more reset for 3 hours straight...i'm crossing my fingers right now....anywayz if my rig go 24 hours with out RESET ..i'm gonna overclock it...btw my computer temp is at 21 C (idle) (so FX60 here i come) lol...anywayz thank you guys for all the advices...GREAT FORUM!!!
Glad to see you worked it out.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page