can't get hd6570 working - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-21-2012, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
hello, I really need some good help here.

I bought a new graphic card, the hd6570, but I have some issues. First of all the driver, amd vision engine control, is very *****y. I dont know what it is but with several programs, (internet explorer, battlefield2), the program shuts down and the error: display driver has stopped responding and has recovered. I have installed the latest drivers, uninstalled everything, driver sweeper, reinstall, nothing seems to work.

The second problem is more bios related. In bios the gpu frequency is locked at 100 Mhz when set to auto, while the hd6570 can reach 650mhz.
Also in GPU-z the gpu clock is 100 MHz and the memory clock 150 Mhz. How is this possible? the temp is really low, about 32 C.

Furthermore the +12V is around 1.4 Volt according to Speedfan 4.46. What is the 12V axactly? Isn't it the 4pins power connector with the motherboard? Shouldn't it be around 12 Volt? 2.jpg 70k .jpg file

This is my computer:
Asrock n68C-gs ucc
amd athlon 64 X2 6000+
xfx radeon hd6570
xfx pro 550 (power supply)
2X 1GB DDR2-800
vista 32 bit
I know its old but i only play bf 2, cod4 and team fortress 2.

thank you very much for your time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-22-2012, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

''UPDATE''

I just keep on reinstalling the catalyst and finallywhen I tried 12.4 beta the error seems to be gone... But The amd vision engine control centre is cant be opened, some error pops up. anyway battlefield 2 runs great for multiple hours at 1680X1050 with everything on high.

But still I was hoping if someone could help me with getting more performance out of my graphic card, because he is always running at 100 Mhz core clock while it can handle 650 Mhz. I discovered that my motherboard is PCIe 1.0 while the HD6570 is PCIe 2.1...... Therefore my motherboard wont allow higher speeds than 100 Mhz, but in bios I can increase it to 200 Mhz, but because i am not farmiliar with overclocking a graphic card i was wondering if there are any risks at doing so.

thx
post #3 of 4 Old 08-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Graphics Card Aficionado

Liked: 55
I have 2 6570s in dual graphics mode and I was able to overclock them pretty high but I would get artifacts on my screen once I do so its a win lose situation I guess? Iam sure somone here will be able to answer your question much better then I did and good luck with that card man!

post-flame-small.gif_.=The Red Club=._post-flame-small.gif

Code:
Steam Id-GT40RTURBO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Commodore 64

You need to get a new mobo dude. There are boards available for damn cheap with PCI-E 2 . Trust me even overclocking your PCIE to 200 MHz will not be enough to fully utilize your card. And i dont think it will be very stable either. Post your rig specs.

*** [Official] AMD Radeon HD 7950/7970 Owners Thread ***

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page