ATI overdrive capabilities have not been properly initialized yet. - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 12-28-2006, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter
Console Gamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 57
why does this happen every so often, I'll go into the CCC and look at my over drive and i get this? normally I just uninstall it, run the driver cleaner, and reinstall, works again for a few weeks to a month, but always comes back. Is there a way to avoid it? I'm not interested in using other software other than the ATI stuff for now. thanks

PS4&PS3 PSN:BennettCKM
Folding - BennettCKM
Blu-Ray/HD-DVD rom
I just said no to IDE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-28-2006, 11:16 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 157
nope, AtiTool FTW

post #3 of 9 Old 12-29-2006, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter
Console Gamer

nothing else?

Folding - BennettCKM
Blu-Ray/HD-DVD rom
I just said no to IDE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 12-30-2006, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter
Console Gamer

well if no one has any better ideas, maybe i should look into the ATI tool?

Folding - BennettCKM
Blu-Ray/HD-DVD rom
I just said no to IDE
post #5 of 9 Old 02-03-2007, 05:52 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 0
I ran msconfig and in the services tab ticked ati hotkey poller & ati smart & was able to use the overdrive again.
post #6 of 9 Old 03-25-2009, 06:20 AM
2.4ghz

Liked: 53
Hi I'm new here and quite new to OCing ive been reading through your forum the last few days about overclocking the system I have.

I've read pretty much all of the lengthy P5N-E SLI thread and other OC threads and have made some progress on OC my CPU and Memory but I've hit a brick wall when trying to overclock my GPU.

I've tried a few ATi CCC (v 8.12, 9.2, 9.3) and when I goto Overdrive I get the same problem with the "not properly initialising message" except I've never been able to use it and I've not been able to initially unlock Overdrive.

I've looked on this thread and tried the methods mentioned, first I tried ATI Tool but the ATI Overdrive 3 options greyed out (I guess because I've never unlocked it before on CCC) I dont know how to use the Auto OC tool (what do I have to do to work it?) and when ever I try to use the manual OC settings even if I just increase core or memory by just 1 and click OK or apply the computer instantly restarts and doesn't increase when it loads back up.

So I went back to msconfig as advised above the hotkey poller is ticked and started but the ATI Smart isn't started and when I try to start it I get a message saying the process started but stopped instantly because it wasn't needed. I'm guessing this maybe the problem why CCC's overdrive wont work so how can I sort this out?

Thanks

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................................
British Overclockers Club | Nvidia Surround Gaming| NVIDIA GeForce GTX 500 Series Owners Club | 1440p & Above Club
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................................
post #7 of 9 Old 03-25-2009, 06:30 AM
Old School

Liked: 1522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chobbit View Post
Hi I'm new here and quite new to OCing ive been reading through your forum the last few days about overclocking the system I have.

I've read pretty much all of the lengthy P5N-E SLI thread and other OC threads and have made some progress on OC my CPU and Memory but I've hit a brick wall when trying to overclock my GPU.

I've tried a few ATi CCC (v 8.12, 9.2, 9.3) and when I goto Overdrive I get the same problem with the "not properly initialising message" except I've never been able to use it and I've not been able to initially unlock Overdrive.

I've looked on this thread and tried the methods mentioned, first I tried ATI Tool but the ATI Overdrive 3 options greyed out (I guess because I've never unlocked it before on CCC) I dont know how to use the Auto OC tool (what do I have to do to work it?) and when ever I try to use the manual OC settings even if I just increase core or memory by just 1 and click OK or apply the computer instantly restarts and doesn't increase when it loads back up.

So I went back to msconfig as advised above the hotkey poller is ticked and started but the ATI Smart isn't started and when I try to start it I get a message saying the process started but stopped instantly because it wasn't needed. I'm guessing this maybe the problem why CCC's overdrive wont work so how can I sort this out?

Thanks
Perhaps you want to check the date of the thread before you post. This thread was posted in 2006.

If your card is AGP then there is your problem, it runs perfectly fine on my HD3850.
post #8 of 9 Old 03-25-2009, 06:46 AM
2.4ghz

Liked: 53
ah okay sorry, I just found this thread which seemed relevant to my problem and posted here, where should I post or should I start a new thread for this problem? Also my card is PCI-E

British Overclockers Club | Nvidia Surround Gaming| NVIDIA GeForce GTX 500 Series Owners Club | 1440p & Above Club
post #9 of 9 Old 03-25-2009, 06:49 AM
Old School

Liked: 1522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chobbit View Post
ah okay sorry, I just found this thread which seemed relevant to my problem and posted here, where should I post or should I start a new thread for this problem? Also my card is PCI-E
Yes, please make your own thread

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page