My 3dmark06 score - Page 3 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 30 Old 04-03-2008, 10:28 PM
3.5ghz
 
RSXHiTMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: east coast
Posts: 710
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Rommel View Post
Vista won't run on your system man, and vista does NOT improve framerates.

OSes =/= performance, Hardware does
he said vista on his secondary
RSXHiTMAN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 30 Old 04-03-2008, 10:34 PM
4.0ghz
 
sublime0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,020
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Why do people continue to bash on this guy. His rig does all he needs in games. if i were you guys I would shut the HELL up and stop bashing people. Look you people remind me of people in school. Groups. There were jocks, preps, and me the nerd the nobody. You guys are begining to make ocn Somewhat like school. And kids come on this site too. your being a bunch of arrogant people.
Look you see my rig. People complain ohh your should get this and ohh your should get that. The thing is I dont keep up with hardware 24/7. I build One rig every year or 2 because I cant afford it. So MY RIG DOES WHAT I NEED IT FOR "MY NEEDS" so seriously leave this guy alone and IF YOU DONT HAVE SOMETHING POSITIVE TO SAY THEN DONT SAY ANYTHING.....

Ps my 3dmark06 score=14,000 so big deal. I overclock..
Anyway Leave this guy alone.
Because Im going to give up OCN like many others will if people cant get along.[/B]
sublime0 is offline  
post #23 of 30 Old 04-03-2008, 10:36 PM
1.7ghz
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXHiTMAN View Post
he said vista on his secondary
I got that before, but he kept saying "when I get vista" in his post, and not something more clear like "when I get vista and my new comp" or something... so I thought he might be trying to get vista first, and then get his secondary later on, which wouldn't work
Erwin_Rommel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 30 Old 04-03-2008, 10:47 PM
4.0ghz
 
Iconoclast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winnipeg, CANADA
Posts: 1,372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime0 View Post
Why do people continue to bash on this guy. His rig does all he needs in games. if i were you guys I would shut the HELL up and stop bashing people. Look you people remind me of people in school. Groups. There were jocks, preps, and me the nerd the nobody. You guys are begining to make ocn Somewhat like school. And kids come on this site too. your being a bunch of arrogant people.
Look you see my rig. People complain ohh your should get this and ohh your should get that. The thing is I dont keep up with hardware 24/7. I build One rig every year or 2 because I cant afford it. So MY RIG DOES WHAT I NEED IT FOR "MY NEEDS" so seriously leave this guy alone and IF YOU DONT HAVE SOMETHING POSITIVE TO SAY THEN DONT SAY ANYTHING.....

Ps my 3dmark06 score=14,000 so big deal. I overclock..
Anyway Leave this guy alone.
Because Im going to give up OCN like many others will if people cant get along.[/B]
Dude chill out. I was just thinking about this after seeing his other thread in the news section about PCI cards. It may seem like we're just bashing this dude, but the fact is, this is Overclock.net: the pursuit of performance.
I said what I said because I hate seeing someone blow money trying to keep his aging machine afloat when he really just needs to let it pass on, gracefully. Constantly "upgrading" gets more and more expensive and it's money that would be better spent saving up or collecting parts for a better rig that isn't going to result in disappointment. I've blown money on an aging 939 system only to be disappointed.

Iconoclast is offline  
post #25 of 30 Old 04-03-2008, 10:56 PM
3.5ghz
 
RSXHiTMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: east coast
Posts: 710
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
Dude chill out. I was just thinking about this after seeing his other thread in the news section about PCI cards. It may seem like we're just bashing this dude, but the fact is, this is Overclock.net: the pursuit of performance.
I said what I said because I hate seeing someone blow money trying to keep his aging machine afloat when he really just needs to let it pass on, gracefully. Constantly "upgrading" gets more and more expensive and it's money that would be better spent saving up or collecting parts for a better rig that isn't going to result in disappointment. I've blown money on an aging 939 system only to be disappointed.
having a budget of 150$ and getting "recommended" a 400$ card, blowing all the money on hardware then having to sell it for "bills" called disappointment as well? btw this only happens here, this guys computer speed never changed from day one, if he was fine with it from day one, it is still the same, "fast" then, does not become "slow" now, a description never changes, description stays the same, conclusion = hardware doesnt magically become slow, it is the same speed, fine "then" is also "fine" now, if by your guys logic that old = slow, then what you have now, is slow as well, you shouldnt even call what you have now "fast" since the speed is a variable to you, this of course doesnt include the software and the growing hardware requirements, what he uses "then" he still uses "now" = no changes
RSXHiTMAN is offline  
post #26 of 30 Old 04-03-2008, 11:28 PM
1.7ghz
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXHiTMAN View Post
having a budget of 150$ and getting "recommended" a 400$ card, blowing all the money on hardware then having to sell it for "bills" called disappointment as well? btw this only happens here, this guys computer speed never changed from day one, if he was fine with it from day one, it is still the same, "fast" then, does not become "slow" now, a description never changes, description stays the same, conclusion = hardware doesnt magically become slow, it is the same speed, fine "then" is also "fine" now, if by your guys logic that old = slow, then what you have now, is slow as well, you shouldnt even call what you have now "fast" since the speed is a variable to you, this of course doesnt include the software and the growing hardware requirements, what he uses "then" he still uses "now" = no changes
I don't want to be mean man, but your post made absolutely no sense.

You tried to be really deep and philosophical, but you failed... hard.

Your argument is like trying to say that a Model-T is still fast because when it first came out it went 15 miles per hour, which was pretty fast for the time.... but the fact is, its not 1912 anymore, and 15 miles per hour isnt considered fast anymore by todays standards...

His computer isn't still fast man, its slow... very slow.
Erwin_Rommel is offline  
post #27 of 30 Old 04-04-2008, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter
PC Gamer
 
$till LegendaryU2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Dundalk, Maryland | Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 110
I'm not upgrading from xp to vista, i am actually buying a secondary computer dude. I'm buying one from this place:

http://www.marketproshows.com/computershows/index.html

I have some close friends in maryland, they are going to get me a gateway computer in, Vista. You should go out there sometime, great stuff at good prices

Peace

$till LegendaryU2K is offline  
post #28 of 30 Old 04-04-2008, 02:40 AM
3.5ghz
 
RSXHiTMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: east coast
Posts: 710
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Rommel View Post
I don't want to be mean man, but your post made absolutely no sense.

You tried to be really deep and philosophical, but you failed... hard.

Your argument is like trying to say that a Model-T is still fast because when it first came out it went 15 miles per hour, which was pretty fast for the time.... but the fact is, its not 1912 anymore, and 15 miles per hour isnt considered fast anymore by todays standards...

His computer isn't still fast man, its slow... very slow.
i wasnt saying the world standards, i was saying HIS standards, get it, model t never changed, an item doesnt change based on the "world" standards, i wasnt arguing whether or not its fast, my post made sense dont worry
RSXHiTMAN is offline  
post #29 of 30 Old 04-04-2008, 05:06 AM
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓
 
coffeejunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Midsomer Norton, UK
Posts: 11,931
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 776
Send a message via MSN to coffeejunky
Quote:
I'm not upgrading from xp to vista, i am actually buying a secondary computer dude. I'm buying one from this place:

http://www.marketproshows.com/computershows/index.html

I have some close friends in maryland, they are going to get me a gateway computer in, Vista. You should go out there sometime, great stuff at good prices

Peace
I really do think you should try building yourself a PC. Its a really great experience (most of the time) Then you can get into overclocking, which is also great fun. But if you're comfortable with a gateway ... fine .... its your choice not those on here.

Quote:
Why do people continue to bash on this guy. His rig does all he needs in games. if i were you guys I would shut the HELL up and stop bashing people. Look you people remind me of people in school. Groups. There were jocks, preps, and me the nerd the nobody. You guys are begining to make ocn Somewhat like school. And kids come on this site too. your being a bunch of arrogant people.
Look you see my rig. People complain ohh your should get this and ohh your should get that. The thing is I dont keep up with hardware 24/7. I build One rig every year or 2 because I cant afford it. So MY RIG DOES WHAT I NEED IT FOR "MY NEEDS" so seriously leave this guy alone and IF YOU DONT HAVE SOMETHING POSITIVE TO SAY THEN DONT SAY ANYTHING.....
I agree with your point but not the way it is expressed. I was happy with my 1st gen p4 (1.3ghz) and 256mb (rimm ram) for over seven years. That was a fantastic PC, played all the games I wanted with a $40 GPU upgrade (radeon 9200se). But I then decided I wanted a challenge - to build a PC. I made Kori first (see 2nd sig rig) which has now been parted out and ebayed. And I then upgraded to Pathfinder for a total cost of about $30 - I dare say this system will do me well for at least 5 years no matter what anyone says.


bulb.gifCan I Overclock My Brain?... All I Gotta Do Is Increase Its Stock Voltage bulb.gif
cheers.gifBritish Overclockers Club cheers.gif


ATi Clubs and Essential Threads - ATi Aftermarket Cooling Database - ATi Overclocking Guide - ATi Driver Guide
coffeejunky is offline  
post #30 of 30 Old 04-04-2008, 05:17 AM
4.0ghz
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Trainstation
Posts: 1,442
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Send a message via MSN to HauntSheep Send a message via Skype™ to HauntSheep
Dude, you'll save a lot more money if you build it yourself, and you'll have much much better components for a cheaper price

Buildin a computer aint hard, and everyone here would be happy to help you

And @ RSXHiTMAN, his computer is slow - very, very slow by todays standards

The speed of his components might not change, but the requirements of newer software DOES

You might say, 'Oh but he's ok with it' - Possibly because he has never experienced a decent computer?

HauntSheep is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off