Forum Jump: 

post #11 of 12 Old 10-30-2011, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter
Folding Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 97
=UPDATE= 31/10/2011 01:07 AM

So then, again, apologies for the long wait. I have been working on both machines. The one that I was selling has been completed and the proud new owner is very pleased!

Here's the build log continued from that machine!

To start off, I stripped all the components out of the Coolermaster case, appart from the Powersupply and Fan controller, mainly because all the cable management was already applied and I was short on tie wraps . I imediately installed the new DVD Burner. I also left the cathode lighting in as I was planning for a different color scheme in my new case

I decided to swap the fans around a little too, I now have the 88CFM intake at the bottom of the case, and the stock coolermaster blue LED at the front and left the stock exhaust in the back. I also added two extra exhaust fans at the top of the case to help out with the cooling.

The next thing to do of coarse was to install the Processor in to the motherboard, then the motherboard in to the case. (Not forgetting to add the I/O shield).

Now that is installed, the next thing to do was install the not so huge (compared to my new cooler) Coolermaster Hyper 212, with the Akasa Viper fan; As always, this was incredibly easy to install in the 690 II Case.

Now on to the hard drive! I was lucky to get this drive when I did, due to the Tai floods the price of the drives has increased dramatically.

Some of you may question me as to why I went with a green drive. I can answer those before you ask;

1: I did originally order a 500GB Blue drive for the same price, but they quickly ran out of stock due to obvious reasons.

2: The person buying this from me will be doing nothing more than college work, internet and light gaming So there really is no need for a speedy drive. I did do some tests on this after I installed the OS and it was completely fine plus the extra storage will come in handy for those huge sized games nowa days.

The graphics card I am installing in this machine will be the EVGA GTX 460, actually a beautiful card I might just say. I like the simplistic, elegant looks of the EVGA cards

Finally, the new side panel I ordered for the case! I must say, it really changes the whole look on the case once installed. I was regretting letting this go so soon as I had only owned it for ~8 months!

Sorry I didn't get a picture of the whole rig, I ran out of time before I remembered to take the picture (It was gone when I realised) Although no doubt I will be seeing the new owner next week so I'll take a quick shot of it then

For now, This is the end of the first part of the build log. I have already built my new rig and taken pictures BUT I have a new CPU coming tomorrow (hopefully) and I'll finish the log off then.

Thanks for reading and see you tomorrow!

Photography; [Nikon D5200] [2x 32GB Sandisk Extreme SD Cards] [Black Rapid RS-7] [3x Nikon EL-E14 Batteries] [Nikon ML-L3 Remote] [Lowepro Pro Runner 450 AW] [Hahnel Triad 30 Tripod] [Samyang 85mm Prime F/1.4] [Nikon 18 - 55 KIT] [Nikon 35mm DX Prime F/1.8] [Nikon 55 - 300 DX] [Nikon 80 - 200 F/4 Manual] [Chinon 135mm Prime F/2.8 M42+NikonF adapter] [49mm Macro Tube] [Canon PIXMA Pro 9000 Mark II]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 Old 10-30-2011, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter
Folding Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Sneak peek of what's to come:

Photography; [Nikon D5200] [2x 32GB Sandisk Extreme SD Cards] [Black Rapid RS-7] [3x Nikon EL-E14 Batteries] [Nikon ML-L3 Remote] [Lowepro Pro Runner 450 AW] [Hahnel Triad 30 Tripod] [Samyang 85mm Prime F/1.4] [Nikon 18 - 55 KIT] [Nikon 35mm DX Prime F/1.8] [Nikon 55 - 300 DX] [Nikon 80 - 200 F/4 Manual] [Chinon 135mm Prime F/2.8 M42+NikonF adapter] [49mm Macro Tube] [Canon PIXMA Pro 9000 Mark II]

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page