First ever build, hope it turns out nice! - Page 7 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 106 Old 02-22-2012, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter
WaterCooler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Ok so my first attempt at cable management plus some questions...

Should I run the 24pin power thing from the hole just one lower down? It's bulging into the case quite a bit... because I don't want to put too much stress on the mobo. That red cable is just the chassis e-sata that I connected to one of the two sata 3 ports on the mobo.

That 8 pin power thing is also bulging into the case alot because it has to be oriented that way up and again I'm scarred to put too much stress on the mobo connection. Maybe I am stupid but I can't work out how to get it... neater...

See above, I was reading the mobo manual and chassis manual, but still wasn't sure exactly how to connect these chassis header things. I just put the hd led light, power and reset switch in random slots here and at random orientation. They just went in... is that ok?

Also please see above, the green wire I circled in blue is supposed to go into the blue pins I circled above. But the green wire has a positive and a negative pin. I don't know which goes where... does it even matter?

It kind of annoyed me that the only way to reach the HD audio connection (circled in blue) was running along the top of the psu. I feel like I would have to take out the psu to get it to be neater.

Finally the back, no real management because the molex is the real messy thing and probably it'll change (way less cables) if/when I get fan controller. So really just the inside I did cable management on.

Tips and advice welcome and needed. Thanks! thumb.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 106 Old 02-22-2012, 08:21 AM
Audiophile

Liked: 194
just go here
post yours, ask questions, look at others

Ryzen & Vega Enthoo Evolv ATX TG Case Mod Build Log
Audio (Click to show)
Sources: The Spectre | Lenovus Maximus | Huawei Honor 8
DAC's: HiFimeDIY Sabre SPDIF | iBasso D-Zero
Amplification:ASL MG-Head OTL Mark III
Headphones: Sennheiser HD650 | Shure SE215K | Logitech UE6000
Speakers
Home Theater/Lenovus Maximus: Pioneer Elite SC-85 > Music Angel SDXE M9 > Klipsch KG5.2 w/Crites tweeters/crossovers
The Spectre: Adam Ax7
Build Logs (Click to show)Overclocking Accolades (Click to show)

Chimp Challenge Participant 

post #63 of 106 Old 02-22-2012, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter
WaterCooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd View Post

just go here

Thanks, might do, but this is a build log and I do have questions that can't be answered on a scale of 1 to 10 out of 10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 106 Old 02-22-2012, 08:35 AM
♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

Liked: 260
I read through alot of this, But Did you ever get this machine to boot =?

roller coaster thread hehe, Sorry to laugh, but so many people posted Nice Buid, and Gratz, after you posted that your mobo was fried lololol

Obviously it appears that was incorrect, as you do need a CPU in there to get going.

Nice build, hope you can replace that Intel HS soon!

BTW What GPU and memory Config are you running?

Overclock.net 10 Year Member 

post #65 of 106 Old 02-22-2012, 08:39 AM
Audiophile

Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd View Post

just go here

Thanks, might do, but this is a build log and I do have questions that can't be answered on a scale of 1 to 10 out of 10.

if you read through, people will explain their ratings, and if you ask for suggestions youll get even more help
you can always ask, they answer a lot of questions (one guy was looking for a case 1 page ago)

Ryzen & Vega Enthoo Evolv ATX TG Case Mod Build Log
Audio (Click to show)
Sources: The Spectre | Lenovus Maximus | Huawei Honor 8
DAC's: HiFimeDIY Sabre SPDIF | iBasso D-Zero
Amplification:ASL MG-Head OTL Mark III
Headphones: Sennheiser HD650 | Shure SE215K | Logitech UE6000
Speakers
Home Theater/Lenovus Maximus: Pioneer Elite SC-85 > Music Angel SDXE M9 > Klipsch KG5.2 w/Crites tweeters/crossovers
The Spectre: Adam Ax7
Build Logs (Click to show)Overclocking Accolades (Click to show)

Chimp Challenge Participant 

post #66 of 106 Old 02-22-2012, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter
WaterCooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormX2 View Post

roller coaster thread hehe, Sorry to laugh, but so many people posted Nice Buid, and Gratz, after you posted that your mobo was fried lololol
Obviously it appears that was incorrect, as you do need a CPU in there to get going.

Thanks,

yea mobo dead concerns (result of my own stupidity), next post 'nice build' ha. As for seeing if it'll actually work = 2moro cheap vga cable from supermarket into my tv. If I can get into the bios then great. I just need to wait till the weekend and haggle with someone before I have a nice high end air cooler in there and fan controller. I'm sure you can see what memory it is from looking, very popular ripjaws 1.5v that can be overclocked, currently two 4GB sticks. Not sure if 16GB is worth it, ram is cheap now but honestly I don't see what can even max out 8GB for my own usage.

As for gpu, it might be sitting gathering dust until keppler or it might get a beefy current gen gpu. Not sure yet.
post #67 of 106 Old 02-22-2012, 09:02 AM

Liked: 128

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormX2 View Post

Thanks,

yea mobo dead concerns (result of my own stupidity), next post 'nice build' ha. As for seeing if it'll actually work = 2moro cheap vga cable from supermarket into my tv. If I can get into the bios then great. I just need to wait till the weekend and haggle with someone before I have a nice high end air cooler in there and fan controller. I'm sure you can see what memory it is from looking, very popular ripjaws 1.5v that can be overclocked, currently two 4GB sticks. Not sure if 16GB is worth it, ram is cheap now but honestly I don't see what can even max out 8GB for my own usage.

As for gpu, it might be sitting gathering dust until keppler or it might get a beefy current gen gpu. Not sure yet.

You'll be okay.  Just a reminder: just do the research prior to the weekend on what fan controller you wish to have.

Nice to see that you got the 8 pin cable through.  As for cable routing I would look at other peoples builds in the 690 thread and my "anal" wires and cable job inside my case (please note it's an older photo as the PSU was changed and an additional fan not seen here was added on the bottom):

900x600px-LL-cda584e0_d9cc03298b5f1aed33060c550fad5e10.jpeg

The first rule of great customer service is: GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT WITH URGENCY AND MAKE THEM FEEL VALUED!

The second rule of great customer service is: FIRST LEARN THE FIRST RULE!

post #68 of 106 Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter
WaterCooler

Any advice on the chassis connections such as power/reset/ etc? I'm scared to power it back on if I put them in the wrong headers. They all went into 'area 20' but I didn't care if upside down, left or right etc.
post #69 of 106 Old 02-22-2012, 09:33 AM

Liked: 128

Quote:

Any advice on the chassis connections such as power/reset/ etc? I'm scared to power it back on if I put them in the wrong headers. They all went into 'area 20' but I didn't care if upside down, left or right etc.

Look as best you can at my photo as those connections are located "under" the black sata cables.

I routed those wires then insulated them with a cut drinking straw (lol) behind the mobo itself and out the bottom.

Like I said earlier: You have mine as well as other photos to get ideas from. 

You can google: Cooler Master 690 II Advanced and go into photos and you may see other builds in there - even the photo of mine I posted here.

smile.gif

The first rule of great customer service is: GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT WITH URGENCY AND MAKE THEM FEEL VALUED!

The second rule of great customer service is: FIRST LEARN THE FIRST RULE!

post #70 of 106 Old 02-22-2012, 09:52 AM
Programmer

Liked: 78
Quote:

I understand your concern with this, all you need to keep in mind is the "label" must face outward. So if you have 2 rows of pins make sure you can see the names of each connector, not the backside facing outward. It used to be that the red wire was always power and black was ground, but some cases flip those around. The most important connectors are the power and reset buttons and your power/HDD LED. If the case has a speaker you can connect it for POST beep but it's not really necessary.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." ~ Ben Franklin

Chimp Challenge Participant  9 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page