[First Build] Ivy Bridge - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-26-2012, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Well, I finally decided to go for it. Ive gotten tired of my laptop and dont really use it for its mobility so I might as well just get a desktop rolleyes.gif

Specs:

CPU: i5-3570k = 240-20MIR @ TD
Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ = 30-10 MIR @NE
Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V = (combo with memory) 206 @ NE
Memory: Patriot Gamer 2 (2x4gb)
SSD: Crucial M4 128GB = 110@TD
HDD: Still Deciding
PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w = 40 @ NE
Optical: Asus Combo Drive = 18 @ NE
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) = 75 @ NE

As most of you probably noticed I don't have a GPU listed. I havn't decided what ill need yet so the integrated graphics will serve me well until I have everything set up. Any thoughts or suggestions though? Id prefer the price to be around 150 for a card so that i could do SLI or CrossFire in the future. I'll mostly be listening to music and doing homework (Using ProE a lot which is a 3d design software for engineering), but i want to get into some gaming. I also want this computer to last me a while so Ive tried to go for the higher end while still leaving room for improvement(all while on a budget....)

Could i get away with a 600-650W PSU? If I go for less Watts i could probably get a better power supply , though I have heard good things about the Rosewill...

Comments, concerns, suggestions? I would like to get everything pretty soon, getting an itch to do all of this biggrin.gif I'll post pictures once Ive got everything and when Im all done!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-26-2012, 10:01 PM

Liked: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagriff View Post

Well, I finally decided to go for it. Ive gotten tired of my laptop and dont really use it for its mobility so I might as well just get a desktop rolleyes.gif
Specs:
CPU: i5-3570k
Cooler: CM Hyper 212+
Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V
Memory: Patriot Gamer 2 8gb (http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.941091)
SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 128gb
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm
PSU: Rosewill Hive 750W
Optical: Asus Combo Drive
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White)
As most of you probably noticed I don't have a GPU listed. I havn't decided what ill need yet so the integrated graphics will serve me well until I have everything set up. Any thoughts or suggestions though? Id prefer the price to be around 150 for a card so that i could do SLI or CrossFire in the future. I'll mostly be listening to music and doing homework (Using ProE a lot which is a 3d design software for engineering), but i want to get into some gaming. I also want this computer to last me a while so Ive tried to go for the higher end while still leaving room for improvement(all while on a budget....)
Could i get away with a 600-650W PSU? If I go for less Watts i could probably get a better power supply , though I have heard good things about the Rosewill...
Comments, concerns, suggestions? I would like to get everything pretty soon, getting an itch to do all of this biggrin.gif I'll post pictures once Ive got everything and when Im all done!

System looks fine. It's going to be a bullet!

I would suggest getting a good 500w powersupply and the best/fastest single gpu you can find/afford. You won't need more than 500w for a 3570k and any single gpu you want to use.

That should help for a higher budget than $150 for a videocard.

Goodluck on your build and welcome to OCN! smile.gif

3dmark11   GTX480 GTX570 7970GTX680GTX690TITANGTX780TITITAN XGTX1080TITAN X (P)
post #3 of 3 Old 05-28-2012, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile

Liked: 0
I looked around some more and found this power supply after MIR only costs 40$ so im pretty happy with that

Just pulled the plug on buying all the parts! Hopefully everything will get here before vacation so I can start building! OP updated with prices

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page