[BUILD LOG] Android!!! *(renamed)* (Tongans Build Computers?) - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 71 Old 05-31-2012, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter
PC Gamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 5
So today i saw one of my core components on Newegg for a discounted price!! What does that mean? UPGRADE TIME BEGINS!!! HUZZA! This by no means will be a fast project. It'll prob trickle for a long time due to the nature of my life's coarse. (baby on the way)

The LIST!:

Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II (Check)
MB: Asrock Extreme 6 (Check)
CPU: Intel i7 3820 (Check) On sale at newegg for 279.99 OH YEAH!
RAM: Patriot Viper Xtreme Division 4 16GB (Check)
SSD: OCZ Vertex III 120g x3 (Waiting)
HDsk: WD Green Carv. 3 TB x 2 (Waiting)
Cooler: H100 (for now) (Check)

PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w (Check)

Last but not least Video card. I currently run a cracked out HD 6850 from HIS with a modified VF3000a cooler from zalman. It's been a champ and plays most games i want to play just fine. I have a 2nd one just sitting (stock). I think ill use the 6850 for now until this entire debacle settles with the NVIDIA HELD BACK Due to "poor performance" from ATI. I don't want to be upgrading 5 months from now hence why i bought the 6850's when they came out. But......

I have been keeping my eye on the 670's as they seem to be the SLI kings IMO. ( I tend to flip flop on fanyboyism between our 2 heavy hitters) Before the HD6850's It was GTX 285's

"By all means elaborate on this topic, its the hardest one for me to decide." (keep epeen down) i.e. why buy the 6870 when the 6850 cocks the same? (my logic=what i buy) 680 (overpriced) 7970 (overpriced) Both are not considered out but why buy one when you can buy 2?

As you can see the H100 Listed is for now. I do plan on doing my first water cooled system in this build. The H100 WIll be kicked down to my current system 1366 platform to cool the i7 920. Finally stable 4.2ghz~!!!! SO i like the idea of that.

What can i say. No name for my system yet. Just the urge to build. Im still contemplating a raid card. i just haven't seen how people cable manage them yet.....imo it'll be ugly no matter what you do. But there's always a way (EVIL LAUGHS) HAHAHAAHAH O.o right?

*(Check) - I have it.
*(Waiting) - Sitting in a buy list

Thanks for looking!! (TJharlow started this mess)

P.S. Bob.....you're case.......good god inspiration at its best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 Old 05-31-2012, 02:12 PM

Liked: 127
Don't RAID SSD's until intel supports TRIM command propagation through RAID. You might be ok, but if you're not careful, you may end up getting ahead of the SandForce GC and turn your SSDs into non-recoverable turtles. It shouldn't be too much longer before they release the 11.5 RST that supports RAID0 TRIM.

As for the PSU's, the XFX is a rebrand of the Seasonic, which is slightly more efficient than the Corsair (which are more modified).

I currently run a GTX 570 SLI, and have run Radeons in Crossfire before. If money isn't the issue, go with GTX 670's in SLI; if nothing else, you'll have a lot less headache waiting for AMD to fix their drivers for newly released games.
post #3 of 71 Old 05-31-2012, 02:16 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 301
I have and promote the Seasonic X-1050. It's completely modular and gold rated.

1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 71 Old 05-31-2012, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter
PC Gamer

Yeah i know. I've seen them "with the similar body styles as well. Myself being a PC P&C guy, No thanks OCZ you wont fool me! Sea Sonic was the manufacturer of PC P&C am i right?
post #5 of 71 Old 05-31-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongan View Post

Yeah i know. I've seen them "with the similar body styles as well. Myself being a PC P&C guy, No thanks OCZ you wont fool me! Sea Sonic was the manufacturer of PC P&C am i right?

I'm not sure, but Antec, Corsair, and XFX are all based on SeaSonic; some more-so than others and some are just rebranded with a tiny bit of tinkering.

[Update]
PC P&C is OCZ: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PC_Power_and_Cooling
post #6 of 71 Old 05-31-2012, 02:50 PM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrocutor View Post

I'm not sure, but Antec, Corsair, and XFX are all based on SeaSonic; some more-so than others and some are just rebranded with a tiny bit of tinkering.

Add Sparkle to that list! They can be a good route sometimes as well, though I believe it is only their higher end stuff that is any good.

post #7 of 71 Old 05-31-2012, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter
PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrocutor View Post

Im pretty sure Seasonic produced the majority of all PSU's. Which PC P&C were one until OCZ bought the name. My last PSU was a 910w Silencer. Still going strong.
post #8 of 71 Old 05-31-2012, 02:59 PM

Here's a useful link:
http://www.plugloadsolutions.com/80PlusPowerSupplies.aspx

It looks like Super Flower beats the snot out of everyone else, but they're not available in the US.
post #9 of 71 Old 06-01-2012, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter
PC Gamer

Well on another note i just ordered my H100 and my RAM. SO 2 more items off the list!
post #10 of 71 Old 06-01-2012, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter
PC Gamer

Does anyone know of any good examples of a raid card "LSI" ect. with their cable management??

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page