[Build Log] Amd Zambezi 8120, Asus Sabertooth 990fx, Asus hd 7850 2gb - Page 3 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #21 of 32 Old 07-12-2012, 05:37 PM
PC Gamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I GOT A cm HPYER 212 + to cool this baby down because i cant afford water cooling frown.gif water cooling in my island is like 1000+ dollars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 Old 07-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Sandy Bridge Forever

Liked: 273
Tell me a bit about your case. How's the cable management/overall quality ? It doesn't seem too popular, but I like it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Be Courteous, Have Some Manners and Show Some Respect. We're All Here To Help and Be Helped.

An Emphasis on Quality of Content

Chimp Challenge Participant  8 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #23 of 32 Old 07-13-2012, 08:55 AM
PC Gamer

HEY HWAT IS UR temps on ur amd fx??? im reading between 39 to 43 in bios??? i have a cooler master hyper 212+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 32 Old 07-13-2012, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 0
nice. That beats mine. With the aftermarket cooler, I would think so though. Mine reads anywhere from 39-60+ with the stock cooler. I have turned off the amd turbo boost setting in the bios, and this has kept my mhz from crossing the 3.2 threshold. This setting is interesting, because instead of distributing the workload across all 8 of the cores, depending on how much multithreading is required, it concentrates the workload in the four main cores. For some reason, this setting always seems to raise my temps much faster than when it is off, and the work load is being distributed across all 8 cores. So, really with the stock fan, it sucks.... Glad your able to keep yours that low, thats great. Are you using the AI suite II? I rather like this program.

post #25 of 32 Old 07-13-2012, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 0
oh and @Kingwhodat, The cable management worked alright. I was a little dissappointed with the cases plastic clips in the back. I accidently snapped one trying to push it down over just one too many cables, and the rep from corsair has been a real drag. He told me email him back after a month, and when I did he never responded back. Can't see why he wouldn't get back to me on his own initiative, but whatever, this is a good reminder to email him again about replacing that clip. When I get a chance, Ill take some photos of the cable management to try and give you a better picture. Its not the cleanest job youve seen, but the modular cables from the corsair PSU has made even a sloppy job look clean. : D

post #26 of 32 Old 07-13-2012, 04:16 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 23
Nice looking build thumb.gif I really like the Corsair case, it looks great!

I went with a H-100 for my AMD build and replaced the stock fans with Corsair SP120's - it works really well and is a lot more quiet compared to the stock fans. If you are interested, my build is here:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1245857/amd-haf-932-bulldozer-build
post #27 of 32 Old 07-13-2012, 05:35 PM
PC Gamer

HEY MAN i did my build today and im installing win 764bit what when the install and i got a verly long constant beep!!!when windows is loading!??
post #28 of 32 Old 07-13-2012, 10:08 PM
PC Gamer

Sounds like either a ram problem or a video card problem.

Try booting with 1 stick of ram to see if that makes a difference

If it still does it check to ensure your video card is properly seated and powered

Hope this helps
post #29 of 32 Old 07-14-2012, 09:14 AM
PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonalka View Post

Sounds like either a ram problem or a video card problem.
Try booting with 1 stick of ram to see if that makes a difference
If it still does it check to ensure your video card is properly seated and powered
Hope this helps
hey man i got true it was a silly mistake lol i was so accustom opening the 2 white tabs to insert the ram not knowng the saber tooth is only one tab to pull back , so when i had snaped the ram back in place it was not acctally in the slot but hovering over the dimm slot!! locked in place so when i sticked it in it woked I HEARD THE GLORIOUS BEEP!!! and i was thank U computer GODS!!
post #30 of 32 Old 07-14-2012, 02:13 PM
PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAY-SLiCK View Post

hey man i got true it was a silly mistake lol i was so accustom opening the 2 white tabs to insert the ram not knowng the saber tooth is only one tab to pull back , so when i had snaped the ram back in place it was not acctally in the slot but hovering over the dimm slot!! locked in place so when i sticked it in it woked I HEARD THE GLORIOUS BEEP!!! and i was thank U computer GODS!!

So is everything working properly now? I know what you mean about those ram tabs - if you are not used to them they seem odd

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page