"FATAL" FX-8350, 6 MONITORS! HD7850 4GB DDR5 & HD6970 2GB DDR5 32gb 1866 ~Full Parallel water cooled~ - Page 42 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #411 of 851 Old 03-10-2013, 04:05 AM - Thread Starter
Case Modder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Just got done making the pilot cuts for the FATAL logo on the psu cover and IT TOOK FOREVER! So long that im gonna do the otherside later lol! But should be done cutting this side within a hour then I will re vynal! thumb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #412 of 851 Old 03-10-2013, 04:14 AM
Case Modder

Liked: 40
wow this look nice but at the same time it look like a nightmare to make biggrin.gif
for how long do you plan to keep this build ? because your putting a hell lot of work on it.
is the vynal glued on ? i worry the heat from the psu would unglue it with time and the side come off after.

post #413 of 851 Old 03-10-2013, 04:15 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCSolutions View Post

Yea I know, and I was just messing with you, thanks again! Yea I love the whole setup too, Upgradeing from a Phenom II X4 965BE and it bossed everything I threw at it so I should defenately have no problem with this! I have a question, you said you had the same ram, Do you have the 32GB Kit? If so what timings are you running it at? And are you doing a RAM Disk? Im running 8gb of mine as a RAM disk but some install packets crash when trying to extract to it..... thinking.gif

Sorry, 8GB kit of the same series running at stock XMP1.2 settings on that rig. No memory problems at all.

If the ramdisk is causing problems due to bad timing, it would likely result in system-wide instability and BSODs. Could possibly be the ramdisk driver you are using doesn't fully emulate drive functionality or the Installers are hard coded to expect a [larger] write delay or something. I would run Memtest86 on it overnight and see what happens if you're concerned about mem problems.

Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flamethrower.

Current project: Lofwyr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #414 of 851 Old 03-10-2013, 04:38 AM - Thread Starter
Case Modder

Gettin there, looks kinda wikid like it is though lol..... sneaky.gif

post #415 of 851 Old 03-10-2013, 04:46 AM - Thread Starter
Case Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashuiegi View Post

wow this look nice but at the same time it look like a nightmare to make biggrin.gif
for how long do you plan to keep this build ? because your putting a hell lot of work on it.
is the vynal glued on ? i worry the heat from the psu would unglue it with time and the side come off after.

I usually build a new one each year but I will probably keep this one till about 2015! And I try to put as much love and detail into all of my builds corresponding with the cost and what its going to be used for of coarse... Well actually I thought ahead and got UV resistant vynal, glue backed type but its made for automotive applications so it should do just fine, also I have had a heat gun to it and it reacts well to heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeK View Post

Sorry, 8GB kit of the same series running at stock XMP1.2 settings on that rig. No memory problems at all.

If the ramdisk is causing problems due to bad timing, it would likely result in system-wide instability and BSODs. Could possibly be the ramdisk driver you are using doesn't fully emulate drive functionality or the Installers are hard coded to expect a [larger] write delay or something. I would run Memtest86 on it overnight and see what happens if you're concerned about mem problems.

Well I have had some experience with ram disks and haven't had this problem before(they were on a server though) and I have already tested the ram, it seems to be an execution problem for compressed msi or exe packets, im thinking its because the SSD is caching some of the data as it strings along then when it comes time to transfer to the RAM disk the whole operation crashes because of the huge difference in there bus transfer rates......... Not a big deal though I do have a 60gb SSD I can cache with.... thinking.gif
post #416 of 851 Old 03-10-2013, 05:00 AM - Thread Starter
Case Modder

I love my bad ass file set tongue.gif

post #417 of 851 Old 03-10-2013, 05:14 AM
Case Modder

you should buy a watchmaker file set , for those work they are brillant.

post #418 of 851 Old 03-10-2013, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter
Case Modder

Quote:

you should buy a watchmaker file set , for those work they are brillant.

These are similar, there just a little bigger but there titanium and each one has three grades of file teeth on different sides, I think mine is a 8 piece set. The ones in the pic are the ones I use the most, I love the 45 degree triangular one its a life saver!!!!!! biggrin.gif
post #419 of 851 Old 03-10-2013, 05:20 AM
Case Modder

yeah i know during my training i had to make lot of front panel with all sort of cut for different screens or ports and these little files were brilant for the work , but they kill your hand because they have no handle biggrin.gif i will have to file all the cut in my front panel soon ,...... i don't look foward to it.

post #420 of 851 Old 03-10-2013, 05:25 AM - Thread Starter
Case Modder

Quote:

yeah i know during my training i had to make lot of front panel with all sort of cut for different screens or ports and these little files were brilant for the work , but they kill your hand because they have no handle biggrin.gif i will have to file all the cut in my front panel soon ,...... i don't look foward to it.

lol I feel ya! these came with handles but they get loose from time to time but overall they do good! There small but they handle 1/8" steel like its butter(more like ice lol). I really miss my big file though cant damn find it lol rolleyes.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page