[Build] D'yer Mak'er- A Zepp Build (Rampage IV Black, CaseLabs SMH10, Dual 290X's, MDPC, Acrylic Tubing) - Page 107 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1061 of 1192 Old 04-24-2014, 03:12 PM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 71
I actually bought this rig so i can maybe get into the gaming world, decided i was not built for this and so i ended up with a big steaming pile of powerful computer biggrin.gif

superhead91: We have reached a point where we're seriously discussing whether we need 6 cores or 20 cores to be able to browse the web more efficiently. What a time to be alive.
Other Builds (Click to show)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1062 of 1192 Old 04-24-2014, 04:57 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkinos98 View Post

I actually bought this rig so i can maybe get into the gaming world, decided i was not built for this and so i ended up with a big steaming pile of powerful computer biggrin.gif

Haha, fair enough biggrin.gif

Like everyone on this site, I am still learning. If I ever make a mistake or a bad recommendation, please let me know so that I can learn from it

Steam/Origin - roflcopter159
Audio: Schiit Modi 2 Uber > Aune T1 > Audeze LCD 2.2f/MrSpeakers Mad Dog/RHA MA750
Keyboards: Poker 2 (MX Blues), Ducky Shine 3 TKL (MX Reds, Red LEDs)
post #1063 of 1192 Old 04-24-2014, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter
ATI Enthusiast

Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post

and this is why i am running 220 to it .....

Well I don't have the capabilities to run that kind of power redface.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by roflcopter159 View Post

How come? Don't trust them?

My experiences with them are they're cheap and break easily. Unfortunately after a series of bad experiences I typically get a jaded opinion of something, hence why I'm never going to use nVidia again. Nope nope nope.
Quote:

I'll be honest I only want the USB monitor for carrying the thing around, as like an accessory.
For home i'd def. be using either the big TV downstairs which is literally double my monitor or the monitor (46" vs 23") biggrin.gif

Also 2 side notes: i dont know what circle jerks are
and 60? I thought you were like 16-17? my parents were late into this game per their sayings and now they are like 45...
well yeah, but if i were to transport it and use it in a different location i'd much prefer to use only one plug.

but then get to think of it there is nothing i cant do on my mac that i do on my desktop (okay maybe except car mechanic simulator, as there is none for mac iirc)

First rule of ever talking about anything circle jerk related- DO NOT GOOGLE IT. The amount of nope would be out of this world if you Googled it. But yeah, rofl explained it pretty much spot on. My dad is turning 61 this June and my mom 61 this October, so yeah they're kind of old.

So in other news, the desk came in today! The desk return will be coming in some time next week, so I've got some time to rearrange my room tomorrow to accommodate this new beast and get the cable management for the all the equipment that'll be on top of the desk/below it. Work has been booked so I'll need to ship out my motherboard tomorrow for RMA, can't wait to get shafted by UPS again redface.gif Something else that's great is I have work at 4:30 A.M on my birthday this Saturday. And then prom, and a marathon going through town- so the whole day is gonna be destroyed frown.gif

-Zepp

1995 Chevy Impala SS: Dark Cherry Metallic, Nitto NT555's (255/40/W17), Flowmaster 40 Series Mufflers, stock 350-LT1 V8. The Daily.
2006 Pontiac GTO: Brazen Orange Metallic, 6-speed, Stock Internal 6.0L LS2 V8, SLP Long Tube Headers, SLP Loudmouth II Cat-Back, Custom Catless Mids by Red's Muffler, Trickflow Intake, BMR Aluminum Skidplate, Hinson Motorsports Single-Piece Aluminum Driveshaft w/ Forged Chromoly Yolks, Hinson Motorsports Short-Throw Shifter, Melling High-Volume LS2 Oil Pump, Powerbond 15% Underdrive Pulley, SCSS Oil Pressure and Boost/Vacuum Gauges, BMR Sub-Frame Connectors, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Hotchkis Front/Rear Sway Bars, Roadsafe Bushingless Front Swaybar Endlinks, Tow Brace Delete, Hinson Polyurethane Transmission and Motor Mounts, Koni Adjustable Shocks and Struts, Whiteline Upper Rear Shock Bushings, Whiteline Differential Support Insert, Whiteline Upper Strut...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1064 of 1192 Old 04-25-2014, 01:56 AM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Yeah i can imagine why i shouldnt google it...
sicksmiley.png

superhead91: We have reached a point where we're seriously discussing whether we need 6 cores or 20 cores to be able to browse the web more efficiently. What a time to be alive.
post #1065 of 1192 Old 04-25-2014, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter
ATI Enthusiast

Quote:

sicksmiley.png

Let's cut out the whole jerkin' thing... It's time for an audio question! So over the past few weeks I've been looking at getting a truly American audio solution. I'm not talking absurdly nice, but something I can enjoy music with. Schiit is the company I've been eyeing the most, not because they're actually all-American like CaseLabs, but rather they have stellar products. I'd like to get a DAC plus a smaller amplifier for headphones later down the line, but as well I'd like to have speakers. I'd rather not have headphones on all the time when I'm not gaming, like when I'm doing homework or chores- whatever the case may be.

So I'm asking, if I got the Loki DAC and the Valhalla amplifier (since I've always enjoyed the warmth that tubes provide), would there be a way to drive a set of speakers off of the motherboard's onboard audio without unplugging a crap load of cables every single time I want to swap from headphones to speakers?

I'm also open to speaker suggestions gentlemen thumb.gif

-Zepp

1995 Chevy Impala SS: Dark Cherry Metallic, Nitto NT555's (255/40/W17), Flowmaster 40 Series Mufflers, stock 350-LT1 V8. The Daily.
2006 Pontiac GTO: Brazen Orange Metallic, 6-speed, Stock Internal 6.0L LS2 V8, SLP Long Tube Headers, SLP Loudmouth II Cat-Back, Custom Catless Mids by Red's Muffler, Trickflow Intake, BMR Aluminum Skidplate, Hinson Motorsports Single-Piece Aluminum Driveshaft w/ Forged Chromoly Yolks, Hinson Motorsports Short-Throw Shifter, Melling High-Volume LS2 Oil Pump, Powerbond 15% Underdrive Pulley, SCSS Oil Pressure and Boost/Vacuum Gauges, BMR Sub-Frame Connectors, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Hotchkis Front/Rear Sway Bars, Roadsafe Bushingless Front Swaybar Endlinks, Tow Brace Delete, Hinson Polyurethane Transmission and Motor Mounts, Koni Adjustable Shocks and Struts, Whiteline Upper Rear Shock Bushings, Whiteline Differential Support Insert, Whiteline Upper Strut...
post #1066 of 1192 Old 04-25-2014, 01:30 PM
*cough* Stock *cough*

lol headphones?
nub

in all seriousness though, quit the headphones and this goes out to all other OCN'rs out there. get a proper audio solution, something that kicks major ass.
My system can be heard from 3 stories below, was made in 2002 and it still works and its literally the best thing I've heard, it even beats the burmester system in the old 997 carreras (neighbor's car, thats how i know lol) or anything else i've heard.

I've never had to use a headphone while im home, it feels really, really bad. and back then i had decent headphones, was not confined to my earpods as i am now biggrin.gif
I'll be honest unless you have something to hide from your parents (you see what im saying wink.gif ) just go with a proper speaker setup. I'll be honest idk about your parents' tolerances but mine literally dont give a flying damn, I've opened skype countless times with my friends where 2/3 of the words spoken are profanity on speakers while they are just one room far from my room (bad house set up).

tl;dr ditch headphones or buy cheap ones for "stuff" if you need/want to, but otherwise i'd say go with proper grade speakers. nothing beats those thumb.gif

post #1067 of 1192 Old 04-25-2014, 02:46 PM
PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzepp3 View Post

Quote:

sicksmiley.png

Let's cut out the whole jerkin' thing... It's time for an audio question! So over the past few weeks I've been looking at getting a truly American audio solution. I'm not talking absurdly nice, but something I can enjoy music with. Schiit is the company I've been eyeing the most, not because they're actually all-American like CaseLabs, but rather they have stellar products. I'd like to get a DAC plus a smaller amplifier for headphones later down the line, but as well I'd like to have speakers. I'd rather not have headphones on all the time when I'm not gaming, like when I'm doing homework or chores- whatever the case may be.

So I'm asking, if I got the Loki DAC and the Valhalla amplifier (since I've always enjoyed the warmth that tubes provide), would there be a way to drive a set of speakers off of the motherboard's onboard audio without unplugging a crap load of cables every single time I want to swap from headphones to speakers?

I'm also open to speaker suggestions gentlemen thumb.gif

-Zepp

I would talk to the guys in HEC, they could offer pretty good suggestions on headphones/amps/dacs. I do know that beyond the Modi/Magni/Vali, they are fairly anti-Schiit. Also, as for speakers, I have Audioengine A2+ and I absolutely love them. They have their own integrated DAC/Amp, so you can plug it into the motherboard via USB and the speakers will do the rest of the work. Also, what kind of a budget are you looking at for the individual components/overall?

Like everyone on this site, I am still learning. If I ever make a mistake or a bad recommendation, please let me know so that I can learn from it

Audio: Schiit Modi 2 Uber > Aune T1 > Audeze LCD 2.2f/MrSpeakers Mad Dog/RHA MA750
post #1068 of 1192 Old 04-25-2014, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter
ATI Enthusiast

Quote:

lol headphones?
nub

in all seriousness though, quit the headphones and this goes out to all other OCN'rs out there. get a proper audio solution, something that kicks major ass.
My system can be heard from 3 stories below, was made in 2002 and it still works and its literally the best thing I've heard, it even beats the burmester system in the old 997 carreras (neighbor's car, thats how i know lol) or anything else i've heard.

I've never had to use a headphone while im home, it feels really, really bad. and back then i had decent headphones, was not confined to my earpods as i am now biggrin.gif
I'll be honest unless you have something to hide from your parents (you see what im saying wink.gif ) just go with a proper speaker setup. I'll be honest idk about your parents' tolerances but mine literally dont give a flying damn, I've opened skype countless times with my friends where 2/3 of the words spoken are profanity on speakers while they are just one room far from my room (bad house set up).

tl;dr ditch headphones or buy cheap ones for "stuff" if you need/want to, but otherwise i'd say go with proper grade speakers. nothing beats those thumb.gif

My issue is when my family is home, I'd have to use headphones redface.gif the whole having a family thing sucks just a little bit when I wanna blast Stay With Me by The Faces... What a great song biggrin.gif
Quote:

I would talk to the guys in HEC, they could offer pretty good suggestions on headphones/amps/dacs. I do know that beyond the Modi/Magni/Vali, they are fairly anti-Schiit. Also, as for speakers, I have Audioengine A2+ and I absolutely love them. They have their own integrated DAC/Amp, so you can plug it into the motherboard via USB and the speakers will do the rest of the work. Also, what kind of a budget are you looking at for the individual components/overall?

I'd buy it over a few months probably, so maybe under $800 total. I'll most definitely keep this audio gear for a long time thumb.gif

-Zepp

post #1069 of 1192 Old 04-25-2014, 05:22 PM
PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzepp3 View Post

I'd buy it over a few months probably, so maybe under $800 total. I'll most definitely keep this audio gear for a long time thumb.gif

-Zepp

So $800 for speakers, headphones, dac and amp? Would you want closed or open headphones? You said you were thinking about tubes for your amp?

post #1070 of 1192 Old 04-25-2014, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter
ATI Enthusiast

Quote:

So $800 for speakers, headphones, dac and amp? Would you want closed or open headphones? You said you were thinking about tubes for your amp?

I don't need headphones right now as I can just use my older beats that I bought a few years back, ideally yes $700-$800 for the DAC, amp, and speakers.

Back to work frown.gif

-Zepp

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page