[Build Log] All Watercooled Thermaltake TOWER 900 E-ATX Full Tower build, Dual 1080ti, Skylake 6700k, Z170 G1 Motherboard +more - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 04-07-2017, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I have recently in the past few months acquired a few things to get my build up and going and i have went through 2 cases so far as this build has taken shape and each time it grows and have to get a larger case. My first was in a Thermaltake x71 and second was in the v71, now im awaiting the arrival of my new Thermaltake 900 Tower smile.gif this case should fit all of my needs.
I have already had to buy and rma countless things as i did not like the way they either looked or the way the fit into the builds, so now this is the last attempt at getting this thing done but i promise that this is going to be an epic build once finished which should not take long, i have already gotten my two Nvidia Geforce 1080ti's and I have preordered the EKWB waterblocks to go with them, having to RMA the current titan x ones i purchased as they were not as i had envisioned them. I am also using dual Monsoon res/pump combo with the Premium Hardline fittings with lock collars. I will post some pictures of the last two that i have done, the first was completed but the second one i stopped around the time that i found out that the collars on the fittings were acrylic instead of being PETG which were prone to cracking, also i am currently having to order new radiators and decide witch ones as well as new pumps seeing as the first two had to go back because i was running two Alphacool vpp755 and the white washer came off. This has been an awesome learning proccess also and i will have this done hopefully soon, but i will keep informed and post some pictures soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-08-2017, 07:29 AM

Liked: 0
It's an epic case, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-08-2017, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Just got the case in and wow is all I can say this thing is massive as you can see.
I'll follow up with some of the things I did to the other two cases and then a log of this one as I do it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 04-27-2017, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Just got my ekwb waterblocks in today and finishing up the motherboard tray also so I should be able to start bending tube by tomorrow

Also got the rest of the things I've been waiting on like my monsoon vertical mounts, aquacomputer usb D5 pumps and a few other little things but during this process I will take some photos of the work and hopefully everything will turn out ok lol...this is my first documented build log so it's all new to me smile.gif

post #5 of 11 Old 04-27-2017, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Oh yeah and I'm also waiting on a magnified headset 10x 15x 25x so I can make sure I fixed some pins in my motherboard socket, I have already put it in and ran it and there seems to be no issue but I still want to go back in and take a closer look at it.
Second row from the bottom and second from the left, it's straight it seems other than maybe the tip is slightly turned but still making contact.

post #6 of 11 Old 04-27-2017, 09:36 PM
Extreme Cooler

Liked: 181
Sick build! I uh... what do you do for a living? biggrin.gif

"Steak over cake." -Albert Einstein
post #7 of 11 Old 04-28-2017, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

I am a computer systems analyst and do some consulting also. I have had a few different jobs in my life though that give me skills in all sorts of trades. They come in handy when doing things like this biggrin.gif

post #8 of 11 Old 08-17-2017, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

So this build has taken a long time due to life going on lol, but anyways I have some questions about draining and filling this dual loop. I have use mayhem blitz part 1, but I haven't used the part 2 yet and idk if I will right now, because in about two weeks I'll be tearing it down in order to do some extra mods. After that is when I'll be wanting everything finished to run without touching it until next cleaning.

1st loop - res1->pump->ram->cpu->motherboard->420 rad->filter->flow meter->res1

2nd loop - res2->pump->gpu1->sli wb->gpu2->420rad->filter->flow meter->res2

The way I've been filling them is by opening up the drain valve that's attached to the rads and then attaching a 400ml res/pump combo, so I can fill the system up as much as possible, I have it laying on its back while doing this. The water goes all the way through everything and I only have to stop when the water has filled up the res enough to where it is flowing into the pump in the computer, then I cut the fill pump off and turn the main pump on to get the air out.
Once I've done that I top it off by the bottom of the res which would be the top when I'm filling it, it is also the plug I have to open to drain or fill, but I'm wondering if it would be easier to do it from the res period and not the rad.
Should I move the drain valve to the res or keep it the way it is now, the problem I'm having is when I drain it from either side I'm having backflow which is in turn pushing the debris out of the filter and back up the tube and into the rad, it does not do this all the time, just when it's gotten most of the water out and I'm now just trying to get the stuff that's stuck in the system.
Would putting check valve or QDC before and or after the filter or somewhere else, or would it just be easier to change over to the AQ filter.
I was also thinking to just add a soft tube line outside the computer and just have the filter attached there, that way I could just undo it and clean it without having to drain the entire system just for a filter.

I don't plan on leaving the filters in and I may take the flow meter out eventually too because it's now the loudest thing even with the pump maxed out lol.

post #9 of 11 Old 08-17-2017, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

I'll be redoing these lines when I test it down in a few weeks, I just did these to get an idea of what it would look like. I used tubes from last build and just bent them to what I needed, so some are not perfect looking. The main ones I know for sure I'll change design are the ones attached to the gpu.

post #10 of 11 Old 08-17-2017, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter

I have a 5mm thick piece of black acrylic 24"×24" that I planed on using as the motherboard tray but im not so sure that's what I'm going to do with it, I have read that sometimes it can be an issue using it as the main MB tray.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page