post #21 of 28 Old 06-29-2008, 02:49 PM
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr4zYH3aD View Post
but what about the p35/p45 board with 2 pci-e ?
They only support Crossfire for ATI, there is and has never been a shipset to support both Crossfire & SLI on the same board, you either get an Nvidia chipset (yuck!) to have SLI, or a good Intel or AMD chipset for Crossfire support.

So the first thing you need to do is figure out if you want to go ATI or Nvidia for Video and go from there, as it stands right now at this very moment, its appearing that ATI is definately offering the best "bang for the buck".

Also as for D3 we're talking about Blizzard here, which lets face it they take forever to put a game out but when it does finally get released its polished, typically efficiently coded, and runs good on almost any hardware. D2 was not a very demanding game for it's time, and yes although D3 is using a much nicer 3d engine, I doubt its going to be as strenuous on your system as other games that will come out at the same time (read this as being at least 12-18 months from now) You have to remember they don't have special time machines to bring the futures hardware to now, to make there videos they're using today's stuff which means that the game as seen in the video's will look great on today's hardware.

I wouldn't worry to much about the requirements for D3, I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised when its finally released.

(2) Canon 40d (1 Gripped) (2)Tamron A09 28-75mm f2.8 (2)Canon 50mm 1.8 (1) Canon 430EX II (1) Yongnuo RF-602 Flash Triggers (1) Canon SX-130 P&S

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 Old 06-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Overclocker

Liked: 54
Yeah, however friend of mine have PIII 866 and can run it but with some lags.

Well, It's true that Blizzard want their games to run on all kind of computer including average computers.

I guess it will require like 2ghz proc with 128mb video card for sure. And 1-2 gb of RAM.

But you know it, minimum and req specs are more than often not realistic at all, except for Blizzard games which manage to run quite well on rec/min specs.

It's true that hardware will be cheaper, too. But you know the drill... when you want always better, you end up buying nothing because there's always better in the future. I will have more for my money, that's for sure, I might get better hardware for the same price. So maybe I would wait, But I am so exited about DIII.

And personally, neither that laptop or my sig rig can run even Starcraft 2... can you imagine 8 players on an open map , 4 zerg rush, 16 terran tanks blasting those, with 2-3 protoss on the map... ill get 0.01 FPS!

Modded 9800 Pro | “There's a basic human weakness inherent in all people which tempts them to want what they can't have and not want what is readily available to them.” - M. Kathleen Casey
i7: Click | Diablo 2 : LOD medieval.gif| Starcraft | 15+ years of pure fun
Building another computer very soon ! rambo.gif

Addicted to StarCraft II & Diablo III
post #23 of 28 Old 06-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Overclocker

So here's my built suggestion bro

PSU: Corsair 550W
MOBO: eVGA 750i sli FTW
CPU: Q6600 + TRUE (or E2180 + TRUE)
RAM: G.Skill 1x2gb DDR2-800
GPU: 8800 GT (do 8800 GT SLI later, or 2x newer cards later)
HDD: WD 320/650 GB

Modded 9800 Pro | “There's a basic human weakness inherent in all people which tempts them to want what they can't have and not want what is readily available to them.” - M. Kathleen Casey

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 28 Old 06-29-2008, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 36
Yeah, Q6600 & Nforce FTW is nice! Even if Ati is ''the best bang for the buck'', i will go Nvidia! i will chek the prices on ncix.

_
Never believe the hype.
Consoles aren't about hardware, they're about good games.
post #25 of 28 Old 06-30-2008, 01:37 AM
lord of darwania

Liked: 497
The 750i SLI is a good choice - I would avoid the 780i at most costs from the horror stories I've heard...

Have a question? Feel free to PM.
post #26 of 28 Old 06-30-2008, 01:41 AM

Liked: 554
Blizzard traditionally makes their games very very accessible to anyone with a computer so I really doubt the requirements will be much higher than Command and Conquer 3 for instance. An E7200 and a HD4850 would be more than enough to run this game on maximum and will run Crysis on High no problems as well.

Ryzen 5 1600 (3.6 Ghz, 1.2v) | Asus B350-F ROG STRIX | Team Dark 16 GB DDR4-3000 (2933 Mhz, CL16, 1.35v) | GTX1060 3GB
post #27 of 28 Old 06-30-2008, 11:41 AM

Liked: 535
Ok, let me get this straight. Are you:

a) Buying a computer now because you need a new computer NOW?

or...

b) Buying a computer now that you won't need until 18 months from now when Diablo 3 is released?

If the answer is b), then that is VERY dumb. You're throwing money away. Whatever system you buy today will cost about 50% less in 18 months. Seriously, we'd all laugh at you, for your own good. I can't stress enough how dumb that would be.

If the answer is a), you're buying a computer now because you're just fed up with your current slow laptop, then by all means upgrade Sounds like that is the case, and you want to make sure that this rig will also be able to play Diablo 3 when it comes out. However, you also gave us a $600-700 budget (not a lot). The good news is Diablo 3 and Starcraft aren't going to require the best of the best hardware like Crysis did at it's launch, so that budget should be sufficient.

I have a couple questions for you before I throw together a build:

1) Are you overclocking? (the correct answer is yes )
2) Remind me again of the Canadian web sites for computer parts (I know ncix, but aren't there others?)
3) Do you already have a decent operating system, such as XP Professional or Vista Home Premium? Or do you need that to be part of your budget too?
4) What games are you playing NOW? Here's why I ask, if you only play games like CS Source, WoW, etc then you don't need a powerful video card NOW. You can get away with a cheaper one, then upgrade in 1-1.5 years when you need it.
e_dogg likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDruid go_quote.gif
I want it pink inside and out...
post #28 of 28 Old 06-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Overclocker

Don't say that he's dumb. I think you would do the same if you had his laptop

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page