Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjingsted View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerikoh View Post
nothing. that's a very sweet build right there. but if you can find a megahalem, it'll be better than a true for just a few bucks if the price is right. it's even cheaper than a true in my area
And you don't need to lap it =).
I see... I'll see if I can get one of those, then. Say I would change my CPU Cooler to a megahalem, would I need to change my fans as well? Or will the S-Flex SFF21G be enough for it (2 in Push/Pull)? I've got no idea what kind of fans the thing requires Thanks for the opinions, though!

Edit: Found the Megahalem, its a bit cheaper as well, so I switched the TRUE for the mega thing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 Old 06-24-2009, 03:49 AM
No rip-offs allowed!

Liked: 377
yep. you'll definately need a fan for that. those s-flexes are highly recommended by the members here

though deltas are the best imo.

Fermi and Pre-marital Sex (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:

lachen.gif
Originally Posted by Tommie go_quote.gif
Well happy you guys waited six months for Fermi.
You learned a valuable lesson: nothing ever lives up to the hype.

Waiting for a graphics card is like waiting with having sex until marriage. Afterwards you'll realize: I could have been doing this for six months if werent so stupid.
post #13 of 29 Old 06-24-2009, 03:52 AM - Thread Starter
Intel Overclocker

Quote:
yep. you'll definately need a fan for that. those s-flexes are highly recommended by the members here

though deltas are the best imo.
Scythe Delta's, or? I'm not familiar with the name Delta's... New to the scene so yeah *cough*

If I where to use two S-Flex SFF21Gs in Push/Pull, would I be able to overclock the CPU to a reasonable speed? I am not planning on getting every last MHz from it, just getting maybe 3.7, 8, 9 or so would be nice.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 29 Old 06-24-2009, 04:00 AM
No rip-offs allowed!

Liked: 377
this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835213010

3.8ghz is a guarantee. you can probably hit 4ghz or more especially with that mobo. and with that cooling setup, you won't even have to worry with 1.55v

here's why:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835213008
(check the video at the 3rd post)

and the fan the first link happens to have more airflow and half the rpm so lower noise.
Agshlee likes this.

Fermi and Pre-marital Sex (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:

lachen.gif
Originally Posted by Tommie go_quote.gif
Well happy you guys waited six months for Fermi.
You learned a valuable lesson: nothing ever lives up to the hype.

Waiting for a graphics card is like waiting with having sex until marriage. Afterwards you'll realize: I could have been doing this for six months if werent so stupid.
post #15 of 29 Old 06-24-2009, 04:14 AM - Thread Starter
Intel Overclocker

Quote:
this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835213010

3.8ghz is a guarantee. you can probably hit 4ghz or more especially with that mobo. and with that cooling setup, you won't even have to worry with 1.55v

here's why:
(check the video at the 3rd post)

and the fan the first link happens to have more airflow and half the rpm so lower noise.
I see, thanks for the clarification. Not sure where I can get them here, but I'll have a look around. If not, the S-Flex fans will have to do I guess.. Nice to know I can get to 3.8 or so at least, though

Btw, if somebody knows where to get the delta's in the Netherlands, please let me know!

post #16 of 29 Old 06-24-2009, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter
Intel Overclocker

So, I changed the memory to the OCZ Reaper series PC3-12800, to take full advantage of the 1600MHz DDR3 the board should support. Unless somebody here has info on known issues or whatever, I think this might be the 'complete' build =)

Thanks all.

post #17 of 29 Old 06-24-2009, 12:02 PM
3.5ghz

Liked: 57
I have Asus M4A78T-E mobo and OCZ Flex EX RAM and I just could not run it at 1600MHz, so I ended up dropping the speed down to 1333MHz and timings to 6-5-5-18 and it runs great.

My theory for system being unstable at 1600 is that for these Phenom II's 1333MHz is native, anything above that is OC and, like everything OC'ed, might not work like it's supposed to.

This might be specific to my mobo/ram config (and, in my opinion, Gigabyte mobo's you're getting are better than Asus,) but make sure you scout around and see if other people have had any problems with the config you're looking to buy so that you're not disappointed.

For CPU cooler: Definitely go with Prolimatech, as with TRUE you will only be able to install it horizontally, blocking one of the RAM slots (because the RAM you're buying has tall heatsinks.) This is no big deal now, but limits your options if you decided to upgrade to 8 gigs in the future. Hope this helps.

FS: 120mm Fans
Be nice and don't forget to thank people who try to help you out.
post #18 of 29 Old 06-24-2009, 12:07 PM
wait what?

Liked: 779
Agshlee, everything look sgood now with the exception of your TIM. AS5 takes 200+hours to cure properly, during which it needs to be heat cycled. It could take as long as 2 weeks to cure it, possibly more if its not heat cycled enough or properly.

I HIGHLY recommend IC Diamond 7 or OCZ freeze. They're both considerably better than AS5 and have 0 cure time.
To put it into perspective, when I switched from AS5 to ICD7 my idle temps went down 3*C and load temps dropped 7*C. Amazing that just by switching TIM's, I could drop my temps enough to run a higher 24/7 OC.

Good Luck

How to: Rewire proprietary Dell server Delta fans to work on any motherboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPER PISSED go_quote.gif

Yeah, well Nvidia can stick it up their ass. This is great.
post #19 of 29 Old 06-24-2009, 12:12 PM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 164
Yep, agree with BO. Lose the AS5 (which I used ) and get some OCZ Freeze

post-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gif..............post-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gif..............post-flame-small.gif........ ......post-flame-small.gif
post-flame-small.gif........post-flame-small.gif........ .....post-flame-small.gif..........................post-flame-small.gif ..post-flame-small.gif........post-flame-small.gif
post-flame-small.gif........post-flame-small.gif..............post-flame-small.gif....... ............ .... post-flame-small.gif........post-flame-small.gif ..post-flame-small.gif
post-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gif.......... ...post-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gif............ .post-flame-small.gif...............post-flame-small.gif
post #20 of 29 Old 06-24-2009, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter
Intel Overclocker

Thanks to all posters. I'll look into the ram a bit more.. Did figure the tall heatsink thing might be a problem.

@BlackOmega, I would indeed like to switch, however, I can't seem to be able to find either of those at a website that sells to the Netherlands... The website I mostly use (perfect-systems.nl) only had AS5 or the Liquid Pro metal or whatever stuff. If you know a website that sells it to the Netherlands as well, please let met know!

Thanks,

Agshlee ^.^

Edit: Is this the IC 7 stuff you where talking about: http://www.highflow.nl/toebehoren/ko...sta-1-5g-.html ?
Guess I didn't search very well now did I

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page