333mhz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2Gaming View Post
http://www.overclock.net/attachments...lock-5400-.jpg

To get the ram bandwidth you click on the tools tab on the top of the page and then cache and ram bandwidth. Then click start on the pop out widow to run the ram test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialk View Post
But seriously, knowing is half the battle.

If you decide to get a new PSU, 2 things to consider:
1) PC Power & Cooling, Seasonic, or Antec all make great PSUs, but check their reviews on newegg first, anyways.
2) I personally look for a PSU with 80PLUS, 80PLUS silver, etc....they're normally very efficient PSUs, and normally only high quality makes get those ratings.
I am waiting till I have the money to rebuild my home server so I can use this PSU and buy a new one for my gaming PC. This should be in the next couple weeks. I am currently looking at this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817182067

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmgMake View Post
Glad you got it working

I looked for your motherboards manual and saw "DRAM Configuration". You can change latencies in that submenu.
Nope have looked again and again and found no submenu. I am currently looking for a bios update...

AMD Athlon X2 7750 @ 3.0 w/ Stock Cooling & Vcore proof.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 Old 10-04-2009, 09:35 AM
1.3ghz

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeneX View Post
Nope have looked again and again and found no submenu. I am currently looking for a bios update...
Damn. If you don't have the menu after bios update it is really strange. I went straight to the Gigabyte site and searched with your motherboard name. Have you looked your manual for instructions?

post-flame-small.gif ATI 4830 Club post-flame-small.gif
post #23 of 42 Old 10-04-2009, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter
333mhz

Liked: 1
I can not find my manual that came with it but here is the manual for my mobo:

http://america.gigabyte.com.tw/FileL...8gm-us2h_e.pdf

Are you sure you looked at the right one my mobo model is:

GA-MA78GM-US2H Rev 1.0

AMD Athlon X2 7750 @ 3.0 w/ Stock Cooling & Vcore proof.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 42 Old 10-04-2009, 09:45 AM
1.3ghz

My bad. I think I was looking different revision of your board. That is a one crippled board you have there.

Maybe you can tune latencies with AMD Overdrive? Not familiar with it but remembering it could do surprisingly much stuff.

Edit: Rechecked Gigabyte site and infact I had looked for Rev 2.0

post #25 of 42 Old 10-04-2009, 10:10 AM
GAME ON

Liked: 353
Go into your very first screen MIT then change mem clock from auto to manual You should then get another set of options to adjust your ram. Some times it helps to read the user manual several times. If you are new to bios tweeking then I can understand how you may be able to overlook this option.

Also if you ever want to flash your bios you have a Q-Flash option built into your bios so that you don't have to do difficult boot floppy stuff to make a boot disk just to flash your bios.

Here are some screen shots taken from the user manual rev 1.0 that I down loaded a while ago. It took forever to download this info so please belive me according to your user manual, there are ram timing adjustment options in your bios.

Chimp Challenge 3 x Participant 

post #26 of 42 Old 10-04-2009, 10:20 AM
1.3ghz

That is certainly the manual I read first, and which I could acces again from Gigabyte site by searching for Rev 2.0.

post #27 of 42 Old 10-04-2009, 10:38 AM
GAME ON

The user manual I was looking at said Rev. 1001 so I'm pretty sure it's the right user manual. The picture points this out circled in red.

Quote:

I am waiting till I have the money to rebuild my home server so I can use this PSU and buy a new one for my gaming PC. This should be in the next couple weeks. I am currently looking at this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182067

I see you got the Cache & ram figured out. Looks decent but you can get your ram to run faster. You FSB should be increased as well. Sometimes half multipliers do not work out so good for overclocking and other times they work out just fine. I see you are using a 13.5 cpu multi from that screen shot. Also you sig specs say's your running ddr1066 at DDR800. It looks like it's running DDR1066 to me from that screen shot you posted.

I think the latest bios I saw for your mobo was F4 or something like that. Honestly I would not update yet if you don't have to. Just take your time and get to know your bios inside and out like the back of your hand.

Oh yeah I almost forgot. About your power supply. If it works then you are just fine but from the research that I have done, those cheaper ones tend to crap out a lot sooner then others and a lot of times when they do they can take your whole system w/them. Ouch I'd hate to have to replace my whole system because of a cheap $40.00 power supply.

post #28 of 42 Old 10-04-2009, 11:11 AM
1.3ghz

I think I know what got us mixed here. CeNeX's sig says mobo is "GA-MA785GM-US2H" yet in a earlier post he says it is "GA-MA78GM-US2H Rev 1.0"

I went to Gigabyte site and there is really a different manual for these two boards. The MA78GM Rev 1 doesn't have RAM latency settings, atleast regarding to the manual though MA785GM Rev 1 has.

Quote:
Are you sure you looked at the right one my mobo model is:

GA-MA78GM-US2H Rev 1.0

post #29 of 42 Old 10-04-2009, 11:24 AM
GAME ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmgMake View Post
I think I know what got us mixed here. CeNeX's sig says mobo is "GA-MA785GM-US2H" yet in a earlier post he says it is "GA-MA78GM-US2H Rev 1.0"

I went to Gigabyte site and there is really a different manual for these two boards. The MA78GM Rev 1 doesn't have RAM latency settings, atleast regarding to the manual though MA785GM Rev 1 has.
So are you saying my information is incorrect? If so what am I missing here?

Quote:
Also how could you tell I was running at DDR 1039 I see that nowhere in the pic?
Your ram is DDR so what ever the ram frequency is then you have to double that for your DDR. So if you ram frequency is let's say old school @ 200MHz then you would be running DDR400 or PC3200 & @ 250MHz you would be running DDR500 or PC4000 etc etc.

Your running it at 533MHz and faster so you have to double that and you end up w/DDR1066 or PC8500

You can also see it all in one screen if you look in your Everest Cache & ram bench mark screen.
Quote:

post #30 of 42 Old 10-04-2009, 11:39 AM
1.3ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2Gaming View Post
So are you saying my information is incorrect? If so what am I missing here?
No no, just that CeNeX got mobo's model mixed. I really hope you are right because then he can adjust the latencies.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page