Cable Sleeving Gallery & Discussion - Page 553 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5521 of 14587 Old 09-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Folding Fanatic
 
shnur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 3,172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 83
I thought it was so rare that people used many colors... wanted to change that smile.gif

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  3 Million+ Folding at Home points 

shnur is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5522 of 14587 Old 09-20-2011, 10:14 PM
.:Cable Sleeving Evangelist:.
 
Lutro0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Manteca, CA
Posts: 6,209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 539
Check out this awesome minimalism.

2011w011.jpg

LOL... Sorry I couldnt help myself with the discussion on it earlier.

.-[Owner - MAINFrame Customs]-.
.-Reason I Live-.
[Project Log]:[ Aspros ]: Currently Working
[Project Log]:[ Katharos ]: April MotM Winner
[Project Log]:[ Elektron Mod ]: Currently Working
[Project Log]:[ Xýlo Kai Chalkó ]: Currently Working

Overclock.net Mod of the Month 0411  Foldathon Folder - 2011 Participant  Foldathon Folder - 2012 Participant  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  Chimp Challenge Participant  100 Million+ Folding at Home points  150 Million Folding Points  Foldathon Folder - 2013 Participant 

Lutro0 is offline  
post #5523 of 14587 Old 09-20-2011, 10:54 PM
 
solsamurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this...

I ordered this PWM splitter from FrozenCPU and paid to have them sleeve it as I didn't have the time/$$$ to attempt it on my own. Before connecting to my m/b I was bending the cable to see how flexible the sleeve was and the 4-pin connector that plugs into the CPU_FAN header popped off. I didn't think much of it, reattached the 4-pin connector and moved on. Now I'm unable to get the PWM function on my m/b to work. I'm guessing I placed the wires in the wrong position in the connector...not sure where the two wires are supposed to go now. frown.gif Can someone point me in the right direction? smile.gif

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  BOINC Pentathlon Participant  

solsamurai is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5524 of 14587 Old 09-20-2011, 11:08 PM
Don't eat the yellow snow
 
goodtobeking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,743
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by solsamurai;15009782 
Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this...

I ordered this PWM splitter from FrozenCPU and paid to have them sleeve it as I didn't have the time/$$$ to attempt it on my own. Before connecting to my m/b I was bending the cable to see how flexible the sleeve was and the 4-pin connector that plugs into the CPU_FAN header popped off. I didn't think much of it, reattached the 4-pin connector and moved on. Now I'm unable to get the PWM function on my m/b to work. I'm guessing I placed the wires in the wrong position in the connector...not sure where the two wires are supposed to go now. frown.gif Can someone point me in the right direction? smile.gif

The female plug that plugs into the MOBO right?? I have one that I used for sleeving practice. Although I havnt checked it to make sure it works yet, as I replaced it with the 5 fan version.

But I pulled off the heatshrink and with the two plastic tabs down, the 3 blue wires go to the very right slot. And the single green wire goes to the one left of that(3rd from the left).

EDIT: on PWM fans, the 4 wires are + then - then sensor then PWM function. Since the cable only attaches the sensor and PWM function to the MOBO, you can only mess them two up. Sounds like to me, you didnt get the PWM wires right. They go into the slot, that the 3 pin fan headers dont have if that helps any.

Foldathon Folder - 2011 Participant  Chimp Challenge 3 x Participant  3 Million+ Folding at Home points  BOINC Pentathlon Participant x3 

goodtobeking is offline  
post #5525 of 14587 Old 09-20-2011, 11:36 PM
 
solsamurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtobeking;15009918 
The female plug that plugs into the MOBO right?? I have one that I used for sleeving practice. Although I havnt checked it to make sure it works yet, as I replaced it with the 5 fan version.

But I pulled off the heatshrink and with the two plastic tabs down, the 3 blue wires go to the very right slot. And the single green wire goes to the one left of that(3rd from the left).

EDIT: on PWM fans, the 4 wires are + then - then sensor then PWM function. Since the cable only attaches the sensor and PWM function to the MOBO, you can only mess them two up. Sounds like to me, you didnt get the PWM wires right. They go into the slot, that the 3 pin fan headers dont have if that helps any.

Kinda, lol. It will probably make more sense when I get home and can look at the cable. If possible I'll take a couple pics, but if anything confirm how many wires there are. This cable is different from other PWM splitters in that it has a 4-pin molex for power from the PSU.

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  BOINC Pentathlon Participant  

solsamurai is offline  
post #5526 of 14587 Old 09-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Don't eat the yellow snow
 
goodtobeking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,743
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by solsamurai View Post
Kinda, lol. It will probably make more sense when I get home and can look at the cable. If possible I'll take a couple pics, but if anything confirm how many wires there are. This cable is different from other PWM splitters in that it has a 4-pin molex for power from the PSU.
I know about the molex for power. I have that same exact one and I also bought it from FrozenCPU. I took it out of my system when I upgraded my loop and now have 5 PWM fans with Akasa's new PWM splitter for 5 fans.

So I used the old one for practice sleeving, and used 3 different sleeves for a comparison. I used FTWPC sleeving(white and orange), Paracord(green and yellow), and MDPC(titanium Thanks to Elmacho, an unposted member). And of course, I plan on redoing the sleeving when I decide on colors/sleeving. It would no way go with my build, even though it is tucked behind the MOBO tray.

Here is a pic of what I am talking about.




And here are two pictures for you Solsamurai





I am now testing it to make sure I got all the conections right. I just unplugged the fan acting as the sensor, and plugged the "old" one into it.
Right now I have 6 PWM fan running off of one MOBO fan header, and another normal 3 pin as well. And the PWM signal is working through both connectors

EDIT: resized the pictures. And for some reason I couldnt get a better picture of the last one. Taken with my Casio GzOne Commando

Foldathon Folder - 2011 Participant  Chimp Challenge 3 x Participant  3 Million+ Folding at Home points  BOINC Pentathlon Participant x3 

goodtobeking is offline  
post #5527 of 14587 Old 09-21-2011, 11:09 AM
 
solsamurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 87
I can see pics fine. the close up pics are perfect. I will make sure mine is the same shortly. I was way too tired when I got home last night to open up my rig. Thanks for helping me out!

EDIT: here's a terrible iPhone pic of the cable in my rig. It's the same as your pics so I will look into the issue further. Hopefully it's just something really obvious.


Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  BOINC Pentathlon Participant  

solsamurai is offline  
post #5528 of 14587 Old 09-21-2011, 02:48 PM
4.0ghz
 
spiderm0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 3,701
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infrabasse;14991481 
I think white + vanilla would clash

Completely disagree. I have samples of white and vanilla sitting in front of me and they look quite nice together imo. Add some grey into the mix and drool.gif

R.I.P. Syrillian - August 13, 2011


I am a girl


No I will not make you a sandwich.
spiderm0nkey is offline  
post #5529 of 14587 Old 09-21-2011, 02:59 PM
.:Cable Sleeving Evangelist:.
 
Lutro0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Manteca, CA
Posts: 6,209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderm0nkey;15017147 
Completely disagree. I have samples of white and vanilla sitting in front of me and they look quite nice together imo. Add some grey into the mix and drool.gif

Woa woa! -mops up floor-

Man.... trying to keep it clean in here.

tongue.gif

.-[Owner - MAINFrame Customs]-.
.-Reason I Live-.
[Project Log]:[ Aspros ]: Currently Working
[Project Log]:[ Katharos ]: April MotM Winner
[Project Log]:[ Elektron Mod ]: Currently Working
[Project Log]:[ Xýlo Kai Chalkó ]: Currently Working

Overclock.net Mod of the Month 0411  Foldathon Folder - 2011 Participant  Foldathon Folder - 2012 Participant  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  Chimp Challenge Participant  100 Million+ Folding at Home points  150 Million Folding Points  Foldathon Folder - 2013 Participant 

Lutro0 is offline  
post #5530 of 14587 Old 09-21-2011, 04:16 PM
4.0ghz
 
Infrabasse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 1,500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderm0nkey;15017147 
Completely disagree. I have samples of white and vanilla sitting in front of me and they look quite nice together imo. Add some grey into the mix and drool.gif

With grey maybe. It'd do a subtle, low saturation combo. With a bright red next to white+vanilla, not so much.
I still think it'd clash upsidedwnsmiley.gif

Infrabasse is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off