CaseLabs Mercury S3 Mini-ITX Case: Now Shipping!! - Page 108 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1071 of 1735 Old 04-10-2013, 03:39 PM
WaterCooler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Now that resolution is serious gaming. Never thought of doing this but I do wonder and need to read and find out how much 2 GTX680 could do.. I know I like multiply monitors for business and other things so dose wife so might be able to justify doing this. where is a good place to read more on this? i know search on OCN and google.. Gaming things i am such a noob. it has been 7 years since I played games going to start again with my new build though... if i have time from building it.

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced

Build Log Ukrainian Banderas devil.gifgunner2.gifgunner.gifsniper.gif

Just playing with cooling and Computers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1072 of 1735 Old 04-10-2013, 06:53 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman811 View Post

You could always offer one up as a prize in this years Chimp Challenge if you wanted to. Or you could always put it on the OCN Marketplace (once you get 35 Rep or higher)

Don't forget - The Chimp Challenge 2013 is coming up in 3 days, post here - www.overclock.net/t/1377824/official-chimp-challenge-2013

Or do the right thing and let MC know they sent another on accident. wink.gif
post #1073 of 1735 Old 04-10-2013, 07:01 PM
FOLDING! FOLD FOLD FOLD!

Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by subyman View Post

Or do the right thing and let MC know they sent another on accident. wink.gif

There's that option too...

Still In Beta Folding Team Captain
post-flame-small.gifProudly Folding For Still In Betapost-flame-small.gifHFM Live Stats

Steam: ctxdemon | Origin: DerickM
Signature Worthy Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NameUnknown go_quote.gif

I romanced Liara in ME 1.
I last minute romanced Garrus in ME 2.
Then in ME 3 I told Liara we were still together right after telling Garrus the same thing. Progressed on with Liara then (unintentionally) had a shower with Traynor and (intentionally) led on Allers.

So am I a bad person or is my female Shepard just easy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops go_quote.gif

They didn't get kinky no matter what I did. Disappointment.

Chimp Challenge Participant  150 Million Folding Points  BOINC Pentathlon Participant   Foldathon Participant 2015 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1074 of 1735 Old 04-10-2013, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter
Aluminum Enthusiast Cases

Liked: 250
Update:

The S3 is in full production thumb.gif

Shipping supplies have not arrived yet - late mad.gif

Sorry guys - I haven't had a chance to spend much time here redface.gif the OEM side of the business went crazy last week with huge orders coming in each day. Good news overall, but it's a mad scramble to get on top of it and manage the S3 launch at the same time rolleyes.gif Production capacity will be pretty stretched for a couple of months...

www.CaseLabs.net * Email: CS@CaseLabs.net * Follow us on Facebook

*** Made in the U.S.A. ***

post #1075 of 1735 Old 04-10-2013, 07:48 PM
WaterCooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clorox View Post

Any news on if the cases are being shipped today? Itching to put all my parts inside the case. Also it turns out microcenter sent me an extra 1440p monitor. I only ordered and paid for one, another was at my apartments office when I went to pick up the package.

Better be careful keeping something that you did not pay for. This also happened to me i got 2 CPU's and had nothing but bad luck with both of them. My wife told me that is what i get for not being honest...

Don't know if she is right or not but know i will not do this again. Not Judging. Congratulations and enjoy this is for sure.

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced

post #1076 of 1735 Old 04-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Programmer

Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Case Labs View Post

Sorry guys - I haven't had a chance to spend much time here redface.gif the OEM side of the business went crazy last week with huge orders coming in each day. Good news overall, but it's a mad scramble to get on top of it and manage the S3 launch at the same time rolleyes.gif Production capacity will be pretty stretched for a couple of months...
That's good to hear. Large volumes should hopefully allow you to eventually lower prices. smile.gif

Hopefully S5 is still coming soon, though! My Lian Li is on its last leg... And every other case company out there seems to have forgotten about mATX enthusiasts.

post #1077 of 1735 Old 04-10-2013, 08:45 PM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher1016 View Post

"1's... the loneliest numberrrrr...."

And it's just me, one guy, alone, without his case to lean on!!! biggrin.gif

They're working on it though!

FYI all:
The CL guys are doing a GREAT job of modifying orders made early in the process to account for the page having to be taken down multiple times, and also if we just derped on choices!
Kevin has personally changed my order, and also added stuff to it so I will get all of what I need at once.

Masters of their craft, truly.

Thanks - T
Oh yeah. I think I changed mine 2 or 3 times... Thanks Caselabs.
post #1078 of 1735 Old 04-10-2013, 08:46 PM

Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by seross69 View Post

Now that resolution is serious gaming. Never thought of doing this but I do wonder and need to read and find out how much 2 GTX680 could do.. I know I like multiply monitors for business and other things so dose wife so might be able to justify doing this. where is a good place to read more on this? i know search on OCN and google.. Gaming things i am such a noob. it has been 7 years since I played games going to start again with my new build though... if i have time from building it.

Try these links, there's a new way to measure frame rates delivered by the graphics card

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Frame-Rating-Dissected-Full-Details-Capture-based-Graphics-Performance-Test-4

Here's an early 680 sli review

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1904/1/

and to get an idea of what's getting the highest benchmark on Valley

http://www.overclock.net/t/1360884/official-top-30-unigine-valley-benchmark-1-0-fill-the-form-single-and-multi-monitors

Here are the commonly recited "facts" -

the 680's 256 bit bus isn't enough to take advantage of the 4GB of vram on those particular models.
The 2GB 680 is just about right. Different tests will show different results, but the results may still show a leader - or not.

The GTX 670 cards - 2GB and 4GB - are $50 to $100 cheaper than a 680, and are only a few % slower than their 680 counterparts, and share the same PCB as the 680, therefore the waterblocks will fit.

SLI will get you that extra oomph to power multiple screens, regardless of card.

The 690 is a dual gpu card - there are performance issues, esp in SLI. But it has 4GB vram and a 512 bit bus.

Titan - single GPU - 6 GB vram - 384 bit bus.

Nvidia SLI drivers are enhanced [see the frame rating link] compared to AMD's Crossfire, though the latest Catalyst drivers are said to significantly improve performance.

Read that frame rating article and note the differences between FRAPS based fps testing versus frame rating's observed fps. This new kind of fps testing and analysis is a game changer, but its new and has yet to spread.

My own conlusion ? 2 x GTX 680 4GB + 3 Asus LightBoost monitors in portrait mode at 120Hz and 120 fps

http://www.overclock.net/t/1372360/vegas-perfect-motion-clarity-2d-lightboost-nvidia-titan-portrait-surround-gloss-asus-vg248qe-build
theseopenfields likes this.
post #1079 of 1735 Old 04-10-2013, 08:53 PM
WaterCooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by socketus View Post

Try these links, there's a new way to measure frame rates delivered by the graphics card

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Frame-Rating-Dissected-Full-Details-Capture-based-Graphics-Performance-Test-4

Here's an early 680 sli review

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1904/1/

and to get an idea of what's getting the highest benchmark on Valley

http://www.overclock.net/t/1360884/official-top-30-unigine-valley-benchmark-1-0-fill-the-form-single-and-multi-monitors

Here are the commonly recited "facts" -

the 680's 256 bit bus isn't enough to take advantage of the 4GB of vram on those particular models.
The 2GB 680 is just about right. Different tests will show different results, but the results may still show a leader - or not.

The GTX 670 cards - 2GB and 4GB - are $50 to $100 cheaper than a 680, and are only a few % slower than their 680 counterparts, and share the same PCB as the 680, therefore the waterblocks will fit.

SLI will get you that extra oomph to power multiple screens, regardless of card.

The 690 is a dual gpu card - there are performance issues, esp in SLI. But it has 4GB vram and a 512 bit bus.

Titan - single GPU - 6 GB vram - 384 bit bus.

Nvidia SLI drivers are enhanced [see the frame rating link] compared to AMD's Crossfire, though the latest Catalyst drivers are said to significantly improve performance.

Read that frame rating article and note the differences between FRAPS based fps testing versus frame rating's observed fps. This new kind of fps testing and analysis is a game changer, but its new and has yet to spread.

My own conlusion ? 2 x GTX 680 4GB + 3 Asus LightBoost monitors in portrait mode at 120Hz and 120 fps

http://www.overclock.net/t/1372360/vegas-perfect-motion-clarity-2d-lightboost-nvidia-titan-portrait-surround-gloss-asus-vg248qe-build

Whoa Thanks a lot Socketus, you must love research or have lots of time or you just have a lot better brain than me and can remember more rolleyes.gif.. This is awesome now I will make a new folder with all these pages on it so i can study!!!

post #1080 of 1735 Old 04-10-2013, 09:02 PM

Liked: 112
Well, I've bought myself into that position, and there is certainly a number of conflicting tests and benchmarks, and wrongly trusted infos .... ai-yi-yi !

yah, I have time, interest but not the brains, I think in the end, its gonna come down to just running it according to what I can find online - first time with sli and multi-monitors - and just living with it.
There's not a whole lot of by the seat of your pants feel when overclocking or using faster components - not a kick in the pants feel, usually. Most of us upgrade some component or the mobo/cpu/ram on a yearly basis, since Sandy Bridge came out. If you're benchmarking, then yah - there's a measurable difference, like the Valley benchmark. But when you are gaming, for me, its just about having fun with some buddies on voicecomm ... could care less about the performance, but I've insured that even my mediocre playing style won't be hindered by components that are under powered or under utilized.

Thats my hope !
seross69 likes this.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page