Something Small (and Wicked) This Way Comes... - Page 185 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1841 of 2687 Old 07-20-2016, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 103
I've just got off the phone with my Apple fixated wife and one topic of discussion was a desk top computer. She may be open to getting a windows version. I just happen to have some motherboards lying around (ITX, mATX) that I could drop in a BH2 or BH4 ... my fav air CPU cooler fits ... I have some old flat screen monitors, will need a new keyboard (this might be the most difficult part to find as the degree of consultation will need to be very high for this part) ... moderate CPU, RAM, Win10 ...

... did I mention that one of my wife's fav colors is lime ...

... I can see another build log in my future smile.gif.

Build Logs - Complete                                                      Build Logs - Active
Home Server ... Take III                                                      'Liquorice Allsorts' - 'C-Sweet' Thought Log coming to life ... CaseLabs S5 + Pedestal
'C-Sweet' - a 'Thought Log'                                                   'HTPC Builds into small cases' - Antec VSK2000-U3 and Fractal Design Node 202
'Set and Forget' ... a NAS in a CaseLabs Nova X2M (NAS moved into bigger box ... Home Server III)
HTPC - Silverstone Tek ML07B with Cryorig C1 CPU cooler
NAS - Running FreeNAS in a Cooler Master 915R (NAS moved into Nova Case)
Other Stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1842 of 2687 Old 07-20-2016, 03:02 PM

Liked: 0
Getting some strange tracking on my shipment, its gone from LA>Switzerland>LA again>Norway(my country)>back to Switzerland. Is this normal for usps?
post #1843 of 2687 Old 07-20-2016, 06:05 PM

Liked: 23
Had to flip my nb-eloop b14-ps as intake on my nh-c14s then flipped the case vent for GPU to breathe. Also switched from silent wings 2 to GT 2150 PWM as front intake.

Flash:

No Flash:

headpiece747 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1844 of 2687 Old 07-20-2016, 07:08 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjordiales View Post

Had to flip my nb-eloop b14-ps as intake on my nh-c14s then flipped the case vent for GPU to breathe. Also switched from silent wings 2 to GT 2150 PWM as front intake.
Curious as what your temps were before and after these changes? Also were the silent wings 2 not pushing enough air because I bought two for my top fans. Also how do the sound compare with the silent wings 2 to GT 2150 PWM?
fjordiales likes this.

post #1845 of 2687 Old 07-20-2016, 07:40 PM

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpiece747 View Post

Curious as what your temps were before and after these changes? Also were the silent wings 2 not pushing enough air because I bought two for my top fans. Also how do the sound compare with the silent wings 2 to GT 2150 PWM?

With modded bios 1.23v 425w I get like 91/85 in benchmarks(firestrike, extreme, ultra, Mordor, RotTR), now its 86/82 with the same benchmarks. Gaming is 73/69 with v-sync(55in 1080p TV using DSR 2x & 4x @ 20%).

It isnt even that much louder. noticeable but not loud. it does push a lot of air. sw2 is better as airflow case fan, not so much in tight spots. GT 2150 is just pushing through my card even at 40%. I have it running @ 60% in idle then 100% at 60deg.

edit: sw2 is really great for silence and having it running in between 70%-100% will be ok but IMO, sw2 if you have FE/reference cooling.
headpiece747 likes this.
post #1846 of 2687 Old 07-20-2016, 09:53 PM
please keep drinking the koolaide

Liked: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffhi View Post

I've just got off the phone with my Apple fixated wife and one topic of discussion was a desk top computer. She may be open to getting a windows version. I just happen to have some motherboards lying around (ITX, mATX) that I could drop in a BH2 or BH4 ... my fav air CPU cooler fits ... I have some old flat screen monitors, will need a new keyboard (this might be the most difficult part to find as the degree of consultation will need to be very high for this part) ... moderate CPU, RAM, Win10 ...

... did I mention that one of my wife's fav colors is lime ...

... I can see another build log in my future smile.gif.
you can always do a hackintosh
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjordiales View Post

Had to flip my nb-eloop b14-ps as intake on my nh-c14s then flipped the case vent for GPU to breathe. Also switched from silent wings 2 to GT 2150 PWM as front intake. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Flash:

No Flash:

just a suggestion, i always run the antenna wire back inside and either attach it to psu body ( lots of electrical interference but for the majority of users a non issue ) or to the body of a rad

Rigbuilder and how to put it in your sig post-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gif budget components = budget resultsPearls before swine! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 go_quote.gif

Also rma wise, regardless of what vendor used it's always like getting a tooth pulled imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeged go_quote.gif

I facepalmed when trying to explain cpu and gpu overclocking to him after he got his 4930k. It was like teaching trigonometry to a rock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 go_quote.gif

That's like wrapping your car around a pole then asking for warranty service.
Dont be hard on yourself, we all break stuff sooner or later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables go_quote.gif

I don't appreciate your judgment here. I am just stating facts. That's all I'm doing. If you are taking offense to it or something, then that's not my problem, so don't put it on me. Ok?...Good god man. You would know that if you would actually carefully read...
post #1847 of 2687 Old 07-20-2016, 10:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 6
Here's some quick and dirty pictures of my Orange BH2.

Details:

ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac Motherboard
Intel i7-6700K CPU
16GB(2x8GB) Crucial Sport Ballistix Ram
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB NVME M.2 SSD
Seagate Momentus 750GB 2.5" HDD
Noctua 120mm(4X) NF-P12 Fan
Noctua 60mm NF-A6x25 Fan
Noctua 80mm NF-A8 Fan
Corsair H100i Closed Loop CPU Watercooling
SilverStone SX600-G SFX 600Watt Power Supply

That's right, NO graphics card. I'm not a gamer and am not overclocking this computer so the built in video is good enough for me. I was going to air cool the cpu but to save some money for now I'm using my existing Corsair system. The Samsung is in the M.2 port underneath the motherboard, I positioned the 80mm fan underneath to cool it. One thing I miss is a drive activity light so I made my own(last picture). I may add some LED lighting later on. Right now the computer is just doing some Folding and is a objet d'art.

headpiece747 likes this.

Foldathon Participant 2017 

post #1848 of 2687 Old 07-21-2016, 04:00 AM

Liked: 103
Good to see a BH2 build ... thanks for the pictures.

There is a ton of space between the motherboard and the front fans. If CL ditched the HDD cage in the bottom and moved the SSD cage beside the PSU, this case could be ... what ... 2 inches shorter? More?

Build Logs - Complete                                                      Build Logs - Active
Home Server ... Take III                                                      'Liquorice Allsorts' - 'C-Sweet' Thought Log coming to life ... CaseLabs S5 + Pedestal
'C-Sweet' - a 'Thought Log'                                                   'HTPC Builds into small cases' - Antec VSK2000-U3 and Fractal Design Node 202
'Set and Forget' ... a NAS in a CaseLabs Nova X2M (NAS moved into bigger box ... Home Server III)
HTPC - Silverstone Tek ML07B with Cryorig C1 CPU cooler
NAS - Running FreeNAS in a Cooler Master 915R (NAS moved into Nova Case)
Other Stuff
post #1849 of 2687 Old 07-21-2016, 03:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 87

Bought a fan for the bottom of the BH7 to give the pump a little airflow, just waiting on the smaller res arriving then i'll be changing the tubing layout to be much cleaner using seven runs instead of twelve with none of them crossing over each other.
headpiece747 likes this.

post #1850 of 2687 Old 07-21-2016, 05:10 PM
Amiga 500

Liked: 21
Will the Asus rampage v edition 10 fit in the larger bullet? I think it's 12x10.7? Also what's the longest gpu that will fit with using two fans in the front?

Tnx

EVOC P870DM3 - Intel Skylake i7-6700K | 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM | 2x GeForce GTX 1080 SLI | 2x Sandisk x400 1TB SSD + 2x Samsung Spinpoint 5400 RPM 2 TB HDD | Killer 1535 WIFI | AUO B173QTN01.0 17.3" 3K Screen

Corsair Air 740 | ASUS Rampage V Edtion 10 | 6950x | 128gb Vengeance White LED DDR4-3000 | 2x Strix 1080 OC | 2x Intel 730 480gb RAID 0 | Asus PG348Q | SB X7 LE/E-MU Speakers

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page