Project: Blowie's TT Armor - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 132 Old 10-06-2006, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter
WaterCooler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Hi overclockers, I'm Jo (friends call me Blowie ) and i'm from the Netherlands. I'm 19 and still a student doing a eduction of 'proces technick' (the the smart guys working @ a oil/chemich plant , shell for instance) This project i'm gonna do is my first build and mod. For the history, i already have an Tt Tsunami Dream but that 1 is never modded and in my anger i have putten some damage to it

Ok seen all the modding people do and seen how popular the Tt Armor is it has given me some ideas that i like to do myself. Now the first thing i gonna do is paint my new case (cause that looks so much better then the factory paint it comes with. Unfortenly i dont have much money..... so the new hardware won't come any sooner then december (New mobo, CPU. extra DDR (2GB), power suply and a gfx card). I wont build my old hardware in this new cause before i have these new hardware because i could end up with much paint damage and not all parts in the old rig are good anymore.

Ok let's quit the chit-chat and let see some pics !

UPDATE 1 ! (ALL PICS ARE CLICKABLE !)

Oke i order a Tt Armor but the store keep ons telling me that the case would be some days later ( i've i had waited on them it would be end of October ) so i order it by mail and it was 2 days after the order in ! (lol some bucks cheaper to )

Woo! the case is here ! (damn was awake @ 11 AM and had waited 4 hours )

look @ the difference of size !

opened the box and a letter from the store (much bla bla, get the case out now ! )

Look at that monster

opened the case and got the spare parts out.

about 20 minutes after recieving the case ! right to work !

Well these were a pain in the ass (luckely i got them all out without breaking them, my GF helped me )

i was so scared that i would break those buttons.... but luckely with some help from overclockers i got them out (wow that went easely ), thanks !

About 2 hours after recieving this baby (when i got something i can't stop working on it.... )

All the parts from the case !

All equipment needed for this modding... (btw, i bought a can extra black paint afterwards )

after painting the primer.... (i had to hurry cause it started to rain 10 min after i finished )

Parts drying in a spare room (the smell rofl )

Ok end of day 1, took pretty much all day i had to say, started @ 3 PM, and finished 9 PM... oh well time to chill with some buddies.....
Acoma_Andy and gobygoby like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 132 Old 10-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Old School

Liked: 1522
That looks awesome dude! Where did you order all this?

Offtopic: I notice you being from Holland also.. did you used to chat on the site dolfijn.nl or ilse.nl? I recognize the nick "Blowie"
post #3 of 132 Old 10-06-2006, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter
WaterCooler

UPDATE 2 ! (ALL PICS ARE CLICKABLE !)

Well needed my rest cause i have night shift in the evening so i started @ 1130 hours AM.

Started as soon i got the change... had to say, some parts went easy... and some don't. The plexi glass door (left door) only needed 1 layer for full cover... other parts needed 2 or more

(Right Door) was a bit of a struggle cause of the big size of coverage (rofl my english sux when it xomes to technical words )

Now i started to paint the CASE ! (sorry i dont have alot of actions pics )

now the case was the trickiest part..... because of all the corners, holes, depth in it.... i think almost 2,5 cans of paint went in my case to get a full coverage. and because i had some drips (jesuz blowie 25 cm and not closer , stupid noob ) i had to sand and redo it

About 2 cans later....

Getting pretty far if i say t myself....

need a little more paint but wont last long now

Oh btw, this is me . gotten a mask from my work... damn goby thanks you for reminding me wearing that . Even after painting the whole case with the mask on i got a headache from the fumes (i'm so high, so high )
and when it comes to working with my hands, i'm such a little boy, even had paint on my face

Me without mask.... (don't i look mad ? i gues the flash of the camera went thru my mind )

again drying !

so this is the end of day 2 . i've gotten ready for work (work starts @ 11.30 PM and lasts till 7 AM) i will sleep after work and then we will continue !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 132 Old 10-06-2006, 12:44 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 715
Lookin' good!

post #5 of 132 Old 10-06-2006, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter
WaterCooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoma_Andy
That looks awesome dude! Where did you order all this?

Offtopic: I notice you being from Holland also.. did you used to chat on the site dolfijn.nl or ilse.nl? I recognize the nick "Blowie"
oh well you probably know alternate (got tons of stuff you can't get any where else, but service sucks, oh and don't ever lett them build your rig... the steal your spare parts )

then i found a site of Azert hardware (www.azerty.nl) and they had the case for 127 Euro's (alternate was selling it for 139 ) and with shippment it cost me only 9 euro's more (total of 136 )

But i was SOOOOOO lucky i got the last case the had in store... (i specially called them if the had any left cause internet update is a bit slow.... anyway i order the case online 5 minutes after the call and the did a payment thry my bank online. The next day it was payed (you can check it online ) and 4 hours later the site said: completed ! Woohoo ! the next day i got the case.....

oh and sorry never did dolfijn.nl or ilse.nl and i noticed more people use the name "Blowie"

post #6 of 132 Old 10-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Folding Fanatic

Liked: 270
Nice log. *subcribed*

Cooling: D-Tek FuZion [Quad - Nozzle] | MCW60 | MCR320 | DDC-1T /w AlphaCool Top
post #7 of 132 Old 10-06-2006, 01:04 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 162
Good job so far, will be following...

post #8 of 132 Old 10-06-2006, 01:14 PM
Old School

Liked: 1522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowie
oh well you probably know alternate (got tons of stuff you can't get any where else, but service sucks, oh and don't ever lett them build your rig... the steal your spare parts )

then i found a site of Azert hardware (www.azerty.nl) and they had the case for 127 Euro's (alternate was selling it for 139 ) and with shippment it cost me only 9 euro's more (total of 136 )
I'll check out that site and compare some prices, I'm using http://www.sallandautomatisering.nl
post #9 of 132 Old 10-06-2006, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter
WaterCooler

UPDATE 3 ! (ALL PICS ARE CLICKABLE !)

I've taken about 7 hours of rest after the night shift i woke up ( pfff yeah you set a alarm clock noob ! ) cause i couldn't wait building this case together again !

Ok now you notice that i don't use any coverage paint for a glossy look.... i did this because i don't like cases that look like a disco (don't take any offence.... it's just my opinion ) so with the neon it's gonna get i want the paint to absorb the light

So i've taken the case downstairs for a better look, and what do i see ! **** the removeble hdd attachment wasn't totally black. rofl stupid me... but i wouldnt't take the risk of drilling it out and f****** it up so i left it there... but after looking @ it for 5 minutes i don't mind anymore... i don't see it (cause the cause is getting on a table, and it's not even ugly)

i think i mad a good choice about the paint looking good so far

This problem i seen before Oh yeah goby ! i used a real small and round (*** is the word for it ) it made of metal and you can sand with it like sand paper..... rofl i'm embarressed but after 20 minutes of works the primer was gone and i was good to go for the next step

All loose parts (exept for the doors) i noticed that goby had left the LED lights and power/reset buttons in the 3.25" bay with a bit of help from my GF i could easelly remove them without a problem as you can see (the right bay on the case )

Another PIC !

The doors, Looking pretty good (what you can't see that the right door has some bubbles and bumps on it... but luckely the paint is so dark you can only see it up close or feel it.

Right door. niceeeeee

Now where did all these parts go

Oh Oh, i know... in the case !

(Right door, inside) Ok i've put in all parts back in the door without a problem and i have to say..... WOW looking mighty fine

a closer view, photo isn't sharp... sorry

Putten this together and got some paint damage But looking fine afterall, i've chosen not to paint the plate for the where the cables go.... why ? cause i like detail and it looks good in my opinion. And look at that gold near the slots

will be continued !!!

post #10 of 132 Old 10-06-2006, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter
WaterCooler

thanks for all the interest guys ! and nice to see all the good replys

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page