[Complete] Project Prodigious - OCN's March 2013 MOTM! - Page 41 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #401 of 934 Old 12-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Cocked & Locked

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #402 of 934 Old 12-23-2012, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter
Case Modder

Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Foxx View Post

Great progress mate! thumb.gif

Thank you, Shadow_Foxx. More updates soon! I'm working on new design for left side panel. Almost done with it. thumb.gif Stay tuned!
post #403 of 934 Old 12-24-2012, 07:39 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 80
Congrats on the delid man! I am still reaching down to see if I have the stones to do this. Can't seem to find em yet tongue.gif. Have you tested your chip? Did you find it easy or was it like servicing the hubble telescope?

This build is painfully slow. I keep hoping to see major updates but... I guess the best things take time. It won't happen overnight!

/patiently waiting

What does high score mean? New high score is that bad? What's that mean? Did I break it?
SC2-Nomad.1458
Hearthstone-GrandmasBoy.1636
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #404 of 934 Old 12-24-2012, 08:25 AM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 5
I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna mod my Mac Pro... Gonna rip out the guts, and toss in the Maximus V Gene biggrin.gif I might steal a few ideas from you biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHighScore View Post

/patiently waiting
Same here!!
post #405 of 934 Old 12-24-2012, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter
Case Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHighScore View Post

Congrats on the delid man! I am still reaching down to see if I have the stones to do this. Can't seem to find em yet tongue.gif. Have you tested your chip? Did you find it easy or was it like servicing the hubble telescope?
This build is painfully slow. I keep hoping to see major updates but... I guess the best things take time. It won't happen overnight!
/patiently waiting

Honestly, I don't really know what to do when I did it. I was doing it while watching a youtube vid on how to delid CPus. Fortunately, everything went fine. No damage on pcb. thumb.gif It was actually pretty easy. All you need is a razor blade and patience. Do it slowly and lid will just pop out from it. No, I haven't tried it yet. My TIM for die and for IHS will be here anytime today. This chip will go on project prodigious so might take a while before I get something to show. Hopefully it works and I could get good result both on temps and ocing.

I am really sorry if this build is taking so long. I really want to work on it, but I have to prioritize school and work. Sad to say, or maybe I am glad to say that this project might get delayed a bit more coz something interesting is coming. Nothing's confirmed yet tho. smile.gif

Don't worry. In first two weeks of January, there will be a huge update including both the right and left side panels. smile.gif Pretty close to finished design of left side panel. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnotherHong View Post

I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna mod my Mac Pro... Gonna rip out the guts, and toss in the Maximus V Gene biggrin.gif I might steal a few ideas from you biggrin.gif
Same here!!

biggrin.gif nice! I would love to work on those cases as well! I'd use ATX mobo for that case tho. Gene would look so small for that case. No worries for the designs and concept, but to let you know, originality will stand out! smile.gif Try to be unique. Brainstorm. Think , think and design. It's all about quality, design, and precision. Goodluck with your mod. thumb.gif
post #406 of 934 Old 12-26-2012, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter
Case Modder

UPPPPDDDDDAAAAAATTESS!!!

Happy Holidays everyone! Small update here for the front. Btw, designs for left and right panels are done. Next up after painting this front panel is to redo the left side panel and start with the right side panel! smile.gif I am glad that this is build is still going and everything is fine even though it takes a while before I get something done! Also, there will be few changes on hardware for water cooling. That's gonna be in the next update. Thank you everyone!. Watch out this January, it should be a month of good updates!

post #407 of 934 Old 12-26-2012, 08:49 PM

Liked: 58
post #408 of 934 Old 12-26-2012, 08:51 PM
The King of Ricer Rigs

Liked: 109
I just popped a few of those into my new rig (fans) they run well for you too?

Have a use for 3d printing? Laser Cutting? Laser Scanning? 4/5 axis CNC Milling? Give me a shout! Want to figure out how to make something yourself? Still give me a shout!
post #409 of 934 Old 12-27-2012, 03:50 PM

Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamski07 View Post

UPPPPDDDDDAAAAAATTESS!!!

I see that you have mounted the fans on front of the case, I'm interested to see what are you planning for the face of Prodigious. That has been a pain for me on what to change mine to and make it be effective yet stylish. With your design skills, I can only imagine it will be good! thumb.gif
post #410 of 934 Old 12-27-2012, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter
Case Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by strap624 View Post

Build is looking great man!
Thanks man! biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperTeamTango View Post

I just popped a few of those into my new rig (fans) they run well for you too?

I really don't know. I haven't tried them yet. rolleyes.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by kHaN x View Post

I see that you have mounted the fans on front of the case, I'm interested to see what are you planning for the face of Prodigious. That has been a pain for me on what to change mine to and make it be effective yet stylish. With your design skills, I can only imagine it will be good! thumb.gif

Hey! No final plans for it yet. Got some great ideas popping out tho. Design should be sleek and clean yet functional. Thank you so much! Btw, I checked ur log and good to see you're moving ahead as well. Are you mounting the fans outside too or what? What are your plans for it?

I'm currently painting the front panel. Should be done tomorrow. My cutting and acrylic works for side panels will start next week. Thanks everyone!

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page