Project "Razer Desk" - Page 14 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #131 of 137 Old 10-23-2015, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Day 44 - 2 day have past and the bottom of the desk was finally try, time to flip'er over and get to work on the inside! I never noticed how heavy this desk was... redface.gif The inside had already been sanded from the previous days so it was just priming and painting. This was pretty straight forward put i had the trouble of applying to much paint in some area's causing drips and applying coats to soon and getting the spider effect. After the desk was all done and inside the house I found that their were 2 areas that had the spider web effect and I didn't notice them frown.gif So I am going to have to live with it for now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 137 Old 10-23-2015, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Day 45 - After a days work it is finally all done!!

post #133 of 137 Old 10-23-2015, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Day -45 (continue) - While waiting for the desk to cure, I decided to do something with the not so nice looking led controllers. I cut out the bottom of them so you could see the bottom of the pcb, I then found some lexan kicking around and cut and shaped it into inserts for the controller so you could see through them! I like looking at bare PCB's and thought this would add a cool touch to the desk. On the back of the pcb's I soldered on an led strip to the rear terminal's so you get that cool glow coming up from underneath it when you turn it on.thumb.gif

Gonna paint them black then they are all good to go in the desk! Also I ended up repainting the back plate for where the mother board i/o are.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #134 of 137 Old 10-26-2015, 05:25 PM

Liked: 3
Wait a second, do you think that painting the mainboard heatsink could make it hotter?
post #135 of 137 Old 10-26-2015, 05:50 PM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by minh2134 View Post

Wait a second, do you think that painting the mainboard heatsink could make it hotter?
Some paints might, but there are certain paints that dissipate heat better than others used for car engines and whatnot.

Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzaiTree go_quote.gif

"Well the first thing you want to do is plug in your power supply to the wall outlet, and take it into the shower with you. This will rid the PSU of all the 'dirty' energy."
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalUnicorn go_quote.gif

Do you really want repair advice from me?
Stuff I've Written (Click to show)Car History (Click to show)
2009 Toyota Corolla S (totaled)
2007 Subaru Legacy GT Limited
GPU History (Click to show)
(EVGA) nVidia GTS 250
(EVGA) nVidia GTX 660
(MSI) nVidia GTX 980
Clubs (Click to show)
post #136 of 137 Old 10-30-2015, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by minh2134 View Post

The heatsink's do get a little hotter, but I did some test's so see how well they would dissipate the heat and see how hot that module would get. The VRM heatsink was the hottest area that I might consider watercooling down the road but for right now I don't think it will be an issue till I do some extreme overclocking thumb.gif
post #137 of 137 Old 10-30-2015, 11:57 PM
733mhz

Liked: 13
Finish your project, and share "YOUR" project. Even if you give Peter credit for being your inspiration, what were you inspired to do? You have copied his desk, that doesn't show the creativity that you express you wanted to share with us.

Also the name needs to change, Peter Brands built the "Razer Desk" it is clear you know this, and it is clear that he was your inspiration, you say so yourself.

So make some changes and make the desk your own. Peter's desk is awesome, and very inspiring, but it has been done, and I am sure being that you have the skill to get this far, you can create something original.
l3p likes this.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page