Hey all, I've posted several work logs before but I've been inspired lately to produce a 3D printed case. I own a Da Vinci 1.1 Plus and love using it. I figured what better way than to build a new case for my Precision Workstation I use to control it. I sat down at my PC earlier tonight to get started on some design work.
What are my plans?
I want to build a clean acrylic and PLA printed case made with black PLA and purple highlights. Some of you might remember my project Toxic Stack. I use that rig for gaming but was never truly happy with how it turned out. I have a base frame roughed out. I may have to adjust the sizes a bit but will work that out shortly. I plan on using 1/4 inch acrylic for the windows as you can see by the recessed edges in the first render. All that being said I am hoping to design it slightly based on my company, Phantom Control Systems.
I still really appreciate the name and support! I've designed my phantom logo and have it set to print in 1/4 inch pla and will test print it tonight. Hope to have something tangible to look at over the next couple days.
I've designed the logo but have been having some problems with filament jams in the print head for my 3D printer. Over the last week I've gotten it sorted out and as of last night started printing some pieces. I've not finished the case design yet but at least I've started some of the detailing. I'm going to incorporate the name, Ekpyrotic, into the build in the same font as the Phantom logo. My purple filament for the highlights on the case arrived the other day so I can start printing this case as soon as I have the design done. I'm hoping to take some time to design it starting this weekend.
Before removing raft (layers under the actual print)