Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupid
looks great man!
Thanks a bunch!

I can't wait to see what this chip can do with good cooling and nice memory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 65 Old 04-12-2006, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter
ČøñЯδe

Hey everyone,

I got my new RAM today, 2GB Gskill DDR500 and so far I am pleased with them. Not exactally as good as I had hoped, but it's a bug improvement over what I had before, and I got it for $150 because newegg was having a sale.

Now I don't know what stepping my X2 3800+ is, but I think it must be one of the best out there. I attached some screen shots and benchmarks of where I am sitting now, and this isn't even close to where I am stopping. I just need a little better cooling and I will be all set.

So this X2 hit 2.5 with stock volts, prime and OCCT stable. Then I bumped it up to 2.6 with a slight voltage increase. Memory is running 1:1 and CPUZ is showing an error, it says 2T however I am running 1T according to my bios.

So far this project has been a very large success.

post #43 of 65 Old 04-15-2006, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter
ČøñЯδe

9.5 hours of prime stability. Currently running at FX60 speeds. Overclocking rules, my whole PC cost as much as a just the FX60 by itself and is as fast as one!

Also I must say this video card is amazing for the price. This is by far the best bang for buck card since the first time the 6600GTs came out. I did a new AQ3 calculation and got to 89K and this is not overclocked one bit! My old 6800GT only got to 70K overclocked!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 65 Old 04-15-2006, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter
ČøñЯδe

Oh also, 3rd flame!!!
post #45 of 65 Old 04-15-2006, 06:27 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 167
zerhour lol, i wish i had the money you did....

My sig rig is for sale and I currently use my laptop. Darn schoolz!

post #46 of 65 Old 04-15-2006, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter
ČøñЯδe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares545
zerhour lol, i wish i had the money you did....
I work hard for my money
post #47 of 65 Old 04-20-2006, 04:46 AM
333mhz

Liked: 0
Haha good on you too, Nice Mod.

99.9999999% of the world listens to everything else. put this into your sig if you still listen to trance smile.gif

post #48 of 65 Old 04-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Programmer

Liked: 160
A thing I forgot to mention:
Since you are using a Zalman cooler, I found that my temps dropped noticably when I turned my fan around and had it pull air into the box so the cpu fan and box fan arent fighting eachother. Also, I noticed in the front left (looking at the box from the front) that air was a bit more stagnant than I would like, so I bought a cheap pci bay fan and glued it to the bottom of the case to push air out the front-left side vent on the box. I have no cooling problems whatsoever right now.

"If there is a god, I hope he has a good excuse"

-Woody Allen
post #49 of 65 Old 04-24-2006, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter
ČøñЯδe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupid
A thing I forgot to mention:
Since you are using a Zalman cooler, I found that my temps dropped noticably when I turned my fan around and had it pull air into the box so the cpu fan and box fan arent fighting eachother. Also, I noticed in the front left (looking at the box from the front) that air was a bit more stagnant than I would like, so I bought a cheap pci bay fan and glued it to the bottom of the case to push air out the front-left side vent on the box. I have no cooling problems whatsoever right now.
Thank you for the suggestion, I have't even ordered my Zalman yet, but I will be sure to do so. Does anyone else know if other heatsinks than the 7000B would fit?

Also I scrapped my last overclock because things were less stable then I would have liked. I started from scratch and took my x2 3800+ to 2.4ghz. I primed it all night and all school, and then stopped it when I got home. This means it is 16+ hours stable, and this was running 2 instances of it.

Voltage is at 1.375, stock is 1.350.
Load temps are ~39C with the stock heatsink.

post #50 of 65 Old 04-24-2006, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter
ČøñЯδe

Hey folks,

I am having a little trouble with my overclock. Currently I am sitting stable at 2.6ghz, however I need 1.5 volts to get there stable. I may be able to drop it a little, maybe 1.475, but I doubt any less than that. Temperatures aren't the problem, just to rule that out.

My overclock at stock volts is great for a dual core, I can get 2.4 on nearly stock or stock voltage, which makes me think it is this Aspire PSU. Because when I start getting up there it is requiring alot of volts to go anywhere. It doesn't seem like I should have to pump my volts up 4 or 5 times to get 200 mhz.

Attached is an old OCCT test but with all the same settings I am running now and it shows my 12V rail isn't really the problem, so can anyone suggest anything?

*EDIT* Also I read this and he got his to 3ghz on less volts than mine takes to get to 2.6. The only reason I bring this up is because our CPUs are the same revision which means they pretty similar. I know he's got a better overclocking motherboard, but that doesn't really account for all the mhz difference.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page