Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #352 of 647 Old 07-19-2006, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧·★゜・。☆゜。 ・゚

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2585
Already done with a 56 pointer and moving on to a 116 Gromacs Claw is still faster though--the AMD chip is Pwning the 805 by about a minute.

August 13th, 2011 sad-smiley-002.gif Happy trails, may we meet again.

CyberDruidPC is History

Overclock.net Mod of the Month June 2008  Overclock.net Mod of the Month December 2009  4 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #353 of 647 Old 07-19-2006, 03:40 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDruid
Already done with a 56 pointer and moving on to a 116 Gromacs Claw is still faster though--the AMD chip is Pwning the 805 by about a minute.
Quelle suprise?

Signatures are overrated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #354 of 647 Old 07-19-2006, 03:45 PM
The Odd Mod

Liked: 1172
post #355 of 647 Old 07-19-2006, 03:47 PM
4.0ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozart
But the 805 can do two at the same time
Erroneous! Erroneous on both cores [accounts]!!!

post #356 of 647 Old 07-19-2006, 03:56 PM
The Odd Mod

post #357 of 647 Old 07-19-2006, 04:02 PM
4.0ghz

Have you ever seen wedding crashers? At one part Owen Wilson calls Will Farrell a "cook" when he's discussing wedding crashing to Vince Vaughn. He then provided valid reasons why, and Vince Vaughn replied with "Erroneous! Erroneous on both accounts!"

So... I was going for that...

post #358 of 647 Old 07-19-2006, 04:33 PM
The Odd Mod

post #359 of 647 Old 07-19-2006, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧·★゜・。☆゜。 ・゚

Liked: 2585

Here are the settings for Crunch in BIOS

Cloning the drive with Partition Commander--slow but very thorough. The OS has been fully updated and readied to Fold.

Surface Scan finds a lot of bad sectors...I am a little concerned. The Maxtor Maxline I am prepping for Crunch2 runs much hotter than the Diamond Max in Crunch1.

Lucky for me the data is intact on the new copy.

Back to square two--this installation looks a little more reasonable--at least the fins are not touching...LOL

A shot up Crunch's Kilt shows off my handiwork with the custom 4 pin to 8 pin splitter. The black rectangle in the left background is the Zeus--in the right background note the HDD tray in the empty PSU bay.

I did what I could to tame the ten pounds of copper hanging out of the PSU by tightly coiling it and tie wrapping it and stuffing it in front of the only air intake for the PSU--BRILLIANT! Next mod will involve clippers.... The wiring is complete and all Crunch needs is for me to have enough guts to plug iin and see if I did that splitter correctly.

From this side the HDD cage makes Crunch look very industrial. Let's see how this dual mobo thing works.

Booted right into XP no probs--I did not use the KVM at that time so I was still wondering what the other mobo was doing.

It was obvious both boards powered up..I soon discovered after plugging in the monitor that board 2 was still asleep! I rigged up a quick power switch and it fired right up. I then tried resetting board 1 and it did not affect board 2--a beautiful thing. I then powered down and discovered that, of course, it would power down both boards together. Sweet--no conflicts and more importantly--I had managed to keep the smoke in.

I temporarily zipped the switches into place in the back corners and robbed some LEDs from a handle kit to use as HDD indicators. I still need to make up 4 more cables to wire the reset switches which will also act as the HDD activity indicators. I plan to mount the switches in each corner so they will be easy to find without having to lift the top.

Crunch is situated directly over an AC vent in the floor. With the 2 70CFM Daytons running Crunch is a little loud right there beside the couch--but quieter than my water cooled rig by far--with the Daytons off it is whisper quiet--a perfect livingroom PC. If can just keep the hackers off it...LOL

I always said this would be the Footstool Folder! Crunch looks right at home in a family setting.

Hope you enjoyed this photo blast--I had a blast getting this far. Crunch is by no means complete, but I do feel a certain sense of accomplishment having 4 cores folding on a pair of OCed mobos. I can't imagine a more efficient way to house and cool them.

Thanks to everyone that helped with links and advice and software and hardware; and to everyone that has popped in to post a line or two and have a look. I might have been able to do this on my own--but I would never have bothered without your encouragement and interest in this project.

CyberD

August 13th, 2011 sad-smiley-002.gif Happy trails, may we meet again.

CyberDruidPC is History

Overclock.net Mod of the Month June 2008  Overclock.net Mod of the Month December 2009  4 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #360 of 647 Old 07-19-2006, 05:54 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 130
You are my hero.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page