Bit of an update and was working on my rig all-day yesterday...made some good progress up to leak testing it
Some more painting was needed as i discovered some ugly white plugs on the two 8-PIN ATX (will be replaced with black sleeved braid versions next month since the isolating taping does not look professional)
power converted also taken apart for the cathode lighting and spray painted in black, may have another one since i might use 4 cathodes, depends on the setting really....
Noticed that the sidepanel's frame was in alu so to cover that up, also unscrewed the black screws and removed them for priming, good thing here that you can unscrew it so it makes it hassle free for painting it. once completed and back on the case you won't see anything in alu shining through where the cable openings are beside the mobo
some more stuff arrived, notably the Swiftech slim factor rad which was looking great inside after a few hot water washes and rinsing it with distilled water, no issue here and i have to say that the quality is much better outside and inside than the XSPC's
PC Tool Kit arrived and it came with a nice solder hand machine, it will be very useful as I have to create some splitters Molex and 3 Pin
Legs back on
Cutting out some pieces of sound dampening material and laying out the floor where the pump comes on top
Sleeved the pump cables as well, i just love sleeving ;-)
The top needed some cable management with what i had around and it looked more or less okay, the rad will cover up most of it, one of the rad's exterior fans I had linked to the board so I can spare one more channel on the controller which are currently 12 fans with 4 splitters
The short piece of tube will be used for draining the loop, which would come in handy very soon...sniff sniff
testing the cathode on top, the other will be mounted on the opposite site, which looked the best imo
Finally time for connecting the tubes, my fingers still hurt and I am happy that i did not have more fittings to use...omg
Of course, CM did not spare me that 5mm to add a shroud on top so I had to use none which is a bit disappointing not having any on top as planned (without further cutting etc). Even the slim form of 34mm does not allow you to ad one shroud there in the middle.
the orientation changed due to that i should have bought more fittings which are longer in size to add a fan to the right, now the fittings are obstructing to mount any fan so that's another compromise which hurts (need to buy 2 sets of large fittings or connectors there!
Current cable mess there, and noticed that with the new orientation of the rad I cant use the top bays anymore, good thing my dad brings me an external DVD drive and PCI-E SSD so i don't need to use them, nice
second pump out has two silver fittings with the flow meter in it, I love silver shining but the other fittings look very decent too in this setup.
Time of Truth,stuffing out the inside like a turkey, just to make sure there is something running where it should not be :-)
Jump-starting the second PSU for leak test
Testing the LED lighting on the front mounted to the shrouds (the only 2 of the 6 planned i could do....)
Probably using two white LED lights instead of red, red does not cut it really for acrylic there, bit too much red, so the Twin LED's will be connected to the Aquero front Panel and the left and right will be pulsing according to heat loads, nice
and the two red cathodes on top will make a good visual, the dark knight is coming...
Couple of hours in, all looking good but i noticed some damp area around the res, at the moment i try to fix it but probably need to drain the loop and inspect the res and it's mounting to the pump, at the bottom it looks not even with the pump surface...let see today