Arduino Motor Fan Controller? - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-23-2014, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So I was at radio shack today, and was browsing the arduino stuff while my buddy bought a cable. I stumbled upon a motor, it was $10, and was powered by a 3 pin connector. It looked exactly the same as the ones my fans use. Can I use a fan controller to power this motor? I think it would be really cool to have something spinning inside or outside of my case. If this is possible, I am at a loss for what to have spinning. The obvious disco ball seems a bit too obvious, I want something more unique. Any help or suggestions on the matter would be greatly appreciated thumb.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-25-2014, 05:47 AM
Dank Souls

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusthemoose View Post

So I was at radio shack today, and was browsing the arduino stuff while my buddy bought a cable. I stumbled upon a motor, it was $10, and was powered by a 3 pin connector. It looked exactly the same as the ones my fans use. Can I use a fan controller to power this motor? I think it would be really cool to have something spinning inside or outside of my case. If this is possible, I am at a loss for what to have spinning. The obvious disco ball seems a bit too obvious, I want something more unique. Any help or suggestions on the matter would be greatly appreciated thumb.gif

I see no reason why it wouldn't work as long as the controller can provide the proper voltage etc to the motor.

1 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  Foldathon Folder - 2012 Participant 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page