[Official] - The OCN Google SketchUp Thread! - Page 43 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #421 of 670 Old 11-16-2010, 05:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Ive been playing around on sketch up since I read this thread and was wondering if there is a link for a vulcan template?

Biased rPGA and MXM 3.0A/B Elitest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 670 Old 11-17-2010, 06:02 AM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by un-nefer View Post

lol yeah, atm I just made space for the bays, I was thinking of just making a removeable drivebay so that you screw everything into place and then slide the removeable drivebay into the case.

To lock the removable drive bay into place I was thinking a single thumb screw at the back would be enough for a test bench case
sounds good could also have something like the lian li 3.5" tooless bay thing. but only oneside? lol idk xD
post #423 of 670 Old 11-17-2010, 06:32 AM
mru
2.4ghz

Liked: 26
Oh you mean something like this?

Now, if I could just find a nice sketch of the LianLi EX-H34, my sketch would look nice too!

Just because you are paranoid, don't mean that people aren't out to get you!

Case Mod: Blue in Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #424 of 670 Old 11-17-2010, 09:51 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 31

I am currently working on my case- Azza Hurrican 2000. It got cut off a little...

Your guys's stuff is amazing! Teach me!
post #425 of 670 Old 11-18-2010, 11:32 AM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 95
I will post mine too. Its of my old case I built from black extruded acrylic with a clear window. I built it originally in solid works to ensure lego-like construction, then cut it out on a laser and 3 axis mill. I will keep looking for pictures and post them in here as well. Here is my sketch up variation of the case.

Google Warehouse

I wish acrylic held up a little better during a move I would still be using the case. I may build another one soon, but for now....I have the crappy V3... at least it is metal, I guess.

Chimp Challenge Participant 

post #426 of 670 Old 11-20-2010, 09:30 AM

Liked: 2
im new to using sketch up trying to figure something out, i made an aluminum angle i wanna use again is there a way to save it so i can insert it multiple times in my project?
post #427 of 670 Old 11-20-2010, 09:31 AM
'-'

Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrs3329 View Post
im new to using sketch up trying to figure something out, i made an aluminum angle i wanna use again is there a way to save it so i can insert it multiple times in my project?
Select the all the parts of it and right click > Make Component. Give it a name and you're done. Just copy it around, rotate it, whatever. If you edit (or move) the component, you can change them individually. When you edit one of them by double clicking, they will all change. Try it out and you'll get the hang of it.

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #428 of 670 Old 11-20-2010, 09:46 AM

Liked: 2
just started doing it with copy and paste. might make a cage by ordering some aluminum angle work in a sheet metal shop (duct shop). might have to order a pre-made motherboard tray as i never made one before . thank you
post #429 of 670 Old 11-20-2010, 01:11 PM
'-'

Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrs3329 View Post
just started doing it with copy and paste. might make a cage by ordering some aluminum angle work in a sheet metal shop (duct shop). might have to order a pre-made motherboard tray as i never made one before . thank you
The advantages to using groups and components are big. Groups are groups of objects that are independent. This is great when you get, say, a case together and want to start adding hardware. Make the case a group so it stays as one piece and doesn't get messed up accidentally. Then you can still edit it by double clicking it. Groups that are copied become individual entities that are all edited separately and are not liked. Components, on the other hand, are all linked even when copied around. This is great for things like thumb screws, lights, or chairs. Anything that is repeated often is good to be in components. Using the case example from before, if you made a LAN room and had 50 cases there and wanted to add another harddrive to the model, you could just put it in one of the cases (if they are all components) and all the others will update.

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #430 of 670 Old 11-20-2010, 08:06 PM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 69
thinking bout doing a wooden case build.. well just playing around with idears,
what you guys think?
the black hole in the top left hand cornor is a mesh hhd vent. looks weird at that angle though :/

inside its pretty tight, 1 x 3.5" hhd, SFF psu, a 120mm x 25mm fan, itx board..
and enough room to fit my EVGA GTX 460 EE :] ( 226mm sorry 4got how long >.< xD, my 460s like 210mm though. )

*looks down* the other side, i wanted to show the pretty stickers on the side, but still have a vent. so window + vent :] pretty simple if i had a differnt gpu ( reference, gigabyte dual fan.. ect it would be bit differnt proably still plexi window, but differnt design :] few in my head lol )

I have thought about cable magment btw. possiably include a custom modular design... or just have the cables comming out the side ( both side.. 4pin on one side, and hhd/fan/gpu power connectors other side. with 24pin going straight down like normal. and sata conection goes down side of gpu.. *lets out big breath* )
gpu side :]

(( thats a 8800gts.. sits out the front by like 5mm or less >.< ))

:$ what u guys think?

i havnt done the front as i have no idear what todo i wanted to have some usb ports ( 4 or 5? lol ) and headphone/mic jack.. power button might be on the back.. or front not sure atm lol i almost dont use it anyway ( sleep ftw )

* thinking of useing like a metal bracket for the cornors. or a 10mm x 10mm bit of wood *havnt looked into it to much * to hold it together lol see what happens i guess :] i dnt even got a itx board xD**

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page