post #21 of 23 Old 05-02-2006, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter
2.4ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie36
Looks great! I am however worried about your fan placement. I see it looks like you added an extra fan to the side panel, but it is it a very bad spot. It looks like you created a shortcut for the air to just go from the side straight into the exhaust before cooling anything. You might want to think about putting it down lower or more to the right.

i'll give that a whirl

so this is what i came up with, seems to be a bit cooler, and not as loud as having that big 120 on the side

edit: Now my motherboard stays at a chilly 27-28 under load
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 Old 05-02-2006, 07:54 PM
Now Available in Orange

Liked: 751
That wasn't quite what I had in mind... but that works too as long as your side panel is off.

EDIT: and now from that view I can see that your front fans are being MAJORLY restricted by those tiny holes. If I were you I would take off the front panel and cut out those holes with something. I did that on my case and it doubled the airflow while making it loads quieter at the same time. When a fan is starved of air it will actually spin faster making more noise.

post #23 of 23 Old 05-02-2006, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter
2.4ghz

Liked: 26
yeah, there are some things that I want to do w/ this case next time I have the mobo out. cutting out those sections is definitley on the list. It actually does cool better this way (I don't know why they bother putting those tiny holes in a fan slot). that 120 is blowing directly at the nf4 chip so that i a plus too.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page