Oopsie! It's a program that reopens folders or programs with customizable keyboard shortcuts! - Page 8 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #71 of 467 Old 04-13-2014, 08:14 AM
The debug-inator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1127
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

Oh god that is beautiful. You are my hero.

I can imagine how much work that feature request would be, so it's all good!

Hey, how would it look if instead of tabs for Folders and Apps, they were displayed in two separate sections so that both could be seen at the same time?

Ah, it would look fine but I chose the tab control because then it gives you a full size view for both folders and apps rather than half and half. Could be problematic if you close a lot of stuff. This is about the time I start feature freezing so during or after testing if you wish we can change it to group them in a single view if you like smile.gif
PolyMorphist likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 467 Old 04-13-2014, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 6212
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompsonn View Post

Ah, it would look fine but I chose the tab control because then it gives you a full size view for both folders and apps rather than half and half. Could be problematic if you close a lot of stuff. This is about the time I start feature freezing so during or after testing if you wish we can change it to group them in a single view if you like smile.gif

Hey, that's brilliant. Nevermind, then!

I have to admit, the tabbed view is cleaner. :)

Semi-Classic Firefox Add-ons Manager (CSS script)

The virtuous spirit has no need for thankful approval, owning a certain conviction that what has been done is right.

post #73 of 467 Old 04-13-2014, 08:31 AM
The debug-inator

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 467 Old 04-13-2014, 08:38 AM
The debug-inator

I'm glad you suggested this too BTW. I have all this knowledge on how Windows works and the shell APIs and what not and I finally get to use it (I don't often need it lol).

You wouldn't think it but there's a few technologies in this simple application:

- COM (entirely from managed code in C# thanks to .NET COM interop)
- Native Win32 APIs from either .NET managed interop or some native C++ code that the managed components talk to.
- Windows Communication Foundation (lets config GUI talk to service host... and lets service host talk to config GUI wink.gif )
- Windows shell APIs (makes extensive use of what are called "item ID lists" which are binary representations of objects in the shell - this is how it is able to restore ANY folder, control panel item, or other shell object).
- New Windows RT APIs (IApplicationActivationManager) lets us re-activate closed Modern UI ("metro") apps.
post #75 of 467 Old 04-13-2014, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

I'm glad you suggested this too BTW. I have all this knowledge on how Windows works and the shell APIs and what not and I finally get to use it (I don't often need it lol).

You wouldn't think it but there's a few technologies in this simple application:

- COM (entirely from managed code in C# thanks to .NET COM interop)
- Native Win32 APIs from either .NET managed interop or some native C++ code that the managed components talk to.
- Windows Communication Foundation (lets config GUI talk to service host... and lets service host talk to config GUI wink.gif )
- Windows shell APIs (makes extensive use of what are called "item ID lists" which are binary representations of objects in the shell - this is how it is able to restore ANY folder, control panel item, or other shell object).
- New Windows RT APIs (IApplicationActivationManager) lets us re-activate closed Modern UI ("metro") apps.

I just don't know what to say. :)

The virtuous spirit has no need for thankful approval, owning a certain conviction that what has been done is right.

post #76 of 467 Old 04-13-2014, 08:52 AM
The debug-inator

Quote:

I just don't know what to say. smile.gif

It feels like building a house really. Sometimes I look at a half finished house and I'm like how the bloody hell are they going to finish that. But really its the same, just in a different kind of world tongue.gif
post #77 of 467 Old 04-13-2014, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

It feels like building a house really. Sometimes I look at a half finished house and I'm like how the bloody hell are they going to finish that. But really its the same, just in a different kind of world tongue.gif

That's an interesting analogy. It kinda makes me wish that I had gotten into programming. lol I don't want to now because my plate is full enough as it is!

post #78 of 467 Old 04-13-2014, 09:20 AM
The debug-inator

Quote:

That's an interesting analogy. It kinda makes me wish that I had gotten into programming. lol I don't want to now because my plate is full enough as it is!

To continue the analogy, why bother learning how to build your own house when you can ask someone else to do it for you that already knows laughingsmiley.gif
post #79 of 467 Old 04-13-2014, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

To continue the analogy, why bother learning how to build your own house when you can ask someone else to do it for you that already knows laughingsmiley.gif

hehehe :)

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page