Corsair Carbide Series Owners Club - Page 322 - Overclock.net

View Poll Results: Which One(s) Do you Own?
200R 91 14.65%
300R 135 21.74%
400R 112 18.04%
500R 283 45.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 621. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #3211 of 4611 Old 03-08-2013, 12:57 AM
PC Gamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Hi guys,

I want to use a 500r in my new build in black. With the LED button on the case to turn the leds & off, will this be compatible with any fans, or do I render it useless when I switch the fans out? I'm thinking of even doing a no led build so can I unplug it completely?

OR could I use it with red ... blue etc... and use that button to control the fan lighting? If so how

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3212 of 4611 Old 03-08-2013, 02:26 AM

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtTerror View Post

Hi guys,

I want to use a 500r in my new build in black. With the LED button on the case to turn the leds & off, will this be compatible with any fans, or do I render it useless when I switch the fans out? I'm thinking of even doing a no led build so can I unplug it completely?

OR could I use it with red ... blue etc... and use that button to control the fan lighting? If so how

Cheers

Nope, it's completely proprietary Corsair fan connector BS. I've so far found the fan controller + LED light button useless. It only works with the supplied case fans, which themselves were underwhelming.

Anyhow, here's a picture.

Nice case overall, but I wish it was a bit more flexible in 240rads without modding. As it stands, custom loops are very hard to do without cutting the 5.25 bay, the front intakes, or modifying/cutting the top rad space.
post #3213 of 4611 Old 03-08-2013, 04:22 AM

Liked: 359
you can use the fan controller with other fans if you do 2 things. trim the guide tabs off the new fans so the fan connector fits and pull the rpm wire from the connector on the fan. corsair changed the third wire for rpm into the led power wire on their fans. i could put a pic of the new fan connector 'modded' up tonight after work if no one else does earlier.
and yes, it takes a dremel to fit anything other than a slim 240/280 rad in the top.

post-flame-small.gif_.=5 GHz Overclock Club=._post-flame-small.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3214 of 4611 Old 03-08-2013, 07:20 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 2
I'm sure someone must have mentioned this at one point or another.

I have the 400r case and an Asus Sabertooth z77. The problem I'm having is the front USB3.0 connector will not plug into the usb 3.0 connection on my mobo because the case has an indent causing the port on the motherboard to be blocked frown.gif

Anyone have a solution for this one? Is there perhaps a right angle USB3.0 header adapter or something I can use?

post #3215 of 4611 Old 03-08-2013, 09:09 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtTerror View Post

Hi guys,

Cheers

The fan/LED connectors fitted to the case can be used with other fans but they simply require a little modding, I removed the clips with some wire cutters and am now using the 3-pin fan connector with a Xebec LED strip, for which I can also use the LED button to turn it on and off. However, I did need to re-position the wires in the fan connector housing, because the 12v LED wire and the Ground wire did not match up to my LED strip, but it was very simple and easy to do. If you need more information I can try to provide it.

'Living is easy with eyes closed.'
post #3216 of 4611 Old 03-08-2013, 11:59 AM

Liked: 0
Guys , i have a white 500R, Gonna water cool it soon. any suggestions for the coolant color ? don't know what would fit nicely with white. My whole interior is black. PSU + Mobo + RAMs . If you have other suggestions to take into consideration when water cooling , that'd be great. Or if you know of any awesome 500R build, please link me to it biggrin.gif
post #3217 of 4611 Old 03-08-2013, 12:04 PM
I was doing it before it was cool

Liked: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan View Post

Guys , i have a white 500R, Gonna water cool it soon. any suggestions for the coolant color ? don't know what would fit nicely with white. My whole interior is black. PSU + Mobo + RAMs . If you have other suggestions to take into consideration when water cooling , that'd be great. Or if you know of any awesome 500R build, please link me to it biggrin.gif
I'd go with white coolant, would create a nice contrast with your all black interior.
post #3218 of 4611 Old 03-08-2013, 03:54 PM

did not work

was thus

thumb.gif
post #3219 of 4611 Old 03-09-2013, 08:37 AM
Case Modder

post #3220 of 4611 Old 03-09-2013, 04:40 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 5
Just finished sleeving my PCI-E cable, just the EPS left. My fingers are cut and calloused, I don't like sleeving any more!

Here are some updated shots of my PC. It's getting close to where I want it before I start watercooling.

'Living is easy with eyes closed.'

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page