Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Club - Page 191 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1901 of 6042 Old 06-13-2012, 07:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Koniu - appreciate the details on the door thumb.gif It is definitely sounding more possible to do this myself. Will probably test this out sometime down the line once I have fully kitted out my Cosmos II. By any chance did you receive the new fan controller? Did the Silverstone fan tick at all? I have a fewSilverstone air penetrators kitted out in it atm and want to kit it out fully with Silverstones so this would be a big requirement if I was to go down that path.

MR CM HAF - would appreciate if you could chase up the relevant contacts for me in Australia to have this new fan controller delivered as have done some chasing and not had any further response from the CM China contact. If it is not too much hassle I would even pay to have it shipped to Australia (if it is not too much!) as I can see this dragging out for a considerable amount of time and I would really appreciate a silent computer room! smile.gif I have provided my postal and contact details in a previous PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1902 of 6042 Old 06-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Commodore 64

Liked: 6
For taking off complety that door, you need to disassembling all the chassis from the case.
You can see all the steps on the bob808's worklog HERE
zk1mpls likes this.
post #1903 of 6042 Old 06-13-2012, 08:22 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokies83 View Post

Think i go with this one.. 40 less cfm but quietttt
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103073
And on the back this one. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835242011
Ill use my San Ace as fillers till i figure everything out. Got these cause i did not have high air flow 200mm or 140mm laying around.

I picked up some new Corsair fans - already installed some in my Haf-932 rig, going to put a few into my Cosmos II rig soon as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1904 of 6042 Old 06-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygye View Post

For taking off complety that door, you need to disassembling all the chassis from the case.
You can see all the steps on the bob808's worklog HERE

Perfect! Thanks! Repped both you and bob808. thumb.gif

post #1905 of 6042 Old 06-13-2012, 09:11 PM

Liked: 4
Hey.. I have done that with my COSMOS 2. 2 Rads on the bottom in parallel configuration. It's a tight fit but can be done.

Outside air -> Fan (Push) -> Rad 1 -> SPACE -> Fan (Push) -> Rad 2 -> Fan (Pull)

* For the Space in the middle, I use another fan to draw Outside to blow down the middle of the rads (to cool the hot air from rad 1 a bit before going into Rad 2)

MY Overall setup is

Koolance Pump/Res -> Parallel 2x 240 Rad (Push+ Intake & Push pull) -> Pump MCP655 -> Parallel GPU -> 1 x 240 rad (Push Pull) -> 1 x 360 rad (Pull) -> MB chip -> CPU -> VRM -> PUMP/Res.

(Pumps are swiftech, Pump/res is Koolance RP-1200, Fittings are Koolance+ EK, GPU is EK + Bridge)

Current Flow is 4.3L/M

Ambient: 29C (Hot as well where I am now)

CPU Block temp: Idle 36C Loaded: 55C, (i7 3930K)
GPU Block Temp: idle: 33C Loaded: 46C (GTX 680 in SLI)

*Fans are at low/ medium speeds, and system is slightly over clocked.

Liquid cooled Cosmos 2 (no mods to case) * Asus RIVBE * i7 4960K OC @ 4.6Ghz * Corsair Dominator Platnium 64 Gb@ XMP2400 * 3 x Asus GTX680 SLI + EK WB & Parallel Link * 3x Samsung F2380 * * OCZ Vertex 4 256Gb * 2 * 5 x WD Black Raid5 *Intel 80GB SSD * 2 x Swiftech 655 pump + EK D5 tops * Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 Pro + 3x PA2 Ultra + Multiswitch * Koolance components [Rad ( 120, 2 x 240 parallel, 360) + Res/pump RP-1200 + Asus RIVE WB + 370 CPU WB + Flow meter INS-F 17N] * 11x CM Blu LED 90CFM 19db + 2x XtraFlo + 2x XtraFlo Slim * LOTS of fittings (EK & Koolance) + QDC

* Pump/Res -> GPU dual SLI -> D5 pump -> Parallel 240 Rad -> D5 Pump -> Fan CTL WB -> 120 Rad -> 360 Rad -> VRM -> CPU -> MOSFET + MB WB -> Pump/ Res
post #1906 of 6042 Old 06-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Case Modder

Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by UUTF View Post

Koniu - appreciate the details on the door thumb.gif It is definitely sounding more possible to do this myself. Will probably test this out sometime down the line once I have fully kitted out my Cosmos II. By any chance did you receive the new fan controller? Did the Silverstone fan tick at all? I have a fewSilverstone air penetrators kitted out in it atm and want to kit it out fully with Silverstones so this would be a big requirement if I was to go down that path.

MR CM HAF - would appreciate if you could chase up the relevant contacts for me in Australia to have this new fan controller delivered as have done some chasing and not had any further response from the CM China contact. If it is not too much hassle I would even pay to have it shipped to Australia (if it is not too much!) as I can see this dragging out for a considerable amount of time and I would really appreciate a silent computer room! smile.gif I have provided my postal and contact details in a previous PM.

I have received the new fan controller assembly today, but I didnt have time to install it yet, I probably do it tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
post #1907 of 6042 Old 06-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Programmer

Liked: 2
UPS says mine will new fan controller will be here on the 18th, yippie!
post #1908 of 6042 Old 06-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 15
Got notice today. Mine will be delivered Friday. Has anybody gotten any notice confirming free gift.
post #1909 of 6042 Old 06-14-2012, 12:14 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking View Post

Got notice today. Mine will be delivered Friday. Has anybody gotten any notice confirming free gift.
I

IDID I ASKED FOR SOME GP[U FANS I just installed a 200 mmm megaflow 200 on top ..holes fit once i got it turned right ..this is a nice case i got room for 2 more harddrives ..I have 2 patas and 3 SATAS PLUS A SATA BLU RAY burner..fed should deliver my controller tomorrow..this case looks awesome sitting on my floor ..it,s the first time I,ve ever set my computer on trhe floor ...it,s to big to sit on the desk
post #1910 of 6042 Old 06-14-2012, 12:22 AM

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzmaster221 View Post

I
IDID I ASKED FOR SOME GP[U FANS I just installed a 200 mmm megaflow 200 on top ..holes fit once i got it turned right ..this is a nice case i got room for 2 more harddrives ..I have 2 patas and 3 SATAS PLUS A SATA BLU RAY burner..fed should deliver my controller tomorrow..this case looks awesome sitting on my floor ..it,s the first time I,ve ever set my computer on trhe floor ...it,s to big to sit on the desk

I'd be shocked to see a desk where the cosmos 2 DOESN'T look a little awkward sitting on it. Hell, the top rails are almost even with the main surface of my current desk.... only shy by a few inches. Putting it even on the lower side of my desk (Which i don't even think would stand a chance of holding it for very long until the screws and crap bust out) would make it significantly taller than anything else on the desk.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page