post #3172 of 6042 Old 08-06-2012, 06:45 PM
PC Gamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willhemmens View Post

Yeah, it's strange really, didn't see it mentioned anywhere either. It's something that Corsair did perfectly on my old 700D.
The case does have things that make me think, why did they do that? Some things I feel could be improved are:
Grommets at bottom of mobo tray
Ability to install thicker radiators properly
Correct 360 rad alignment in the top of case
Not require you to bend tabs out of the way to install a radiator
Better thought about what watercoolers want, i.e. reservoir mounts they know people use tube res's they should give you the screw to affix them easily
All new cases shipped with the new fan controller, my 140's on my 280 RAD are ticking, why should you have to contact support straight after you by a new case?
Less rivets everywhere, it's like they only want you to be able to uninstall certain things
Easier 360 in the bottom capabilities
Sell a side panel with a window right from when they started shipping the case
Fan controller should atleast have a jumper to enable or disable the fan controller beep, desoldered the speaker on mine
If you're installing fans for your GPU's on your side panel, it's annoying to have to continually disconnect them every time you remove the side panel
Seems like lots of plastic, I guess I just go used to the metal exterior of the 700D
Locking 3.5" bays make the interior look untidy and when you remove them, you can't blank off the hole
Higher quality looking plastic. It seems like the same stuff used on my CM 690.
I guess that sounds like I'm complaining but really, these are just my thoughts on what could be improved.
Some things I liked:
Cable tie points, excellent, work really well
Loads of PCI expansion slots
Top IO area is clean
Cover stops flashing HDD LED all night
Flexibility to install radiators on their sides in the bottom
LED button will be really handy for me as it will control all case LED's
Overall look is excellent
After owning the 700D, it's nice to have a case with curves
Overall I do think the Cosmos 2 is an excellent case.

True, it is a great case. But yet so much could have beeb improved. Like a higher roof for Push/ Pull with a thick RAD. And more drive bays instead of those Hot Swaps. But what is most bugging me and every one else is no Side Window. I really hope Coolmaster is working on one.
post #3173 of 6042 Old 08-06-2012, 06:50 PM
PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgaur View Post

See thats my idea I want to do under case lighting have to do a bit of modding not much tho for cable routing. I'm also gonna do lighting through the grills on the top of the case and have green on top bottom and in the front I might use those fans that yours using....just curious they don't make a 200mm I know but what about a 140mm so I can put that where my 200mm is right now.

Im pretty sure the TRIO only come in 120. Ive got 6 of them, so noisy but. Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3174 of 6042 Old 08-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkimlee View Post

I figured they were loud...little buggers I'll just have to wait and get led strips instead and figure out my lighting that way. might get a bitfenix 200mm for the front for crazy intake and a good 120 for intake as well then noctuas as only rad fans (original idea)

In to that side panel I talked to them a few days ago and they said that they are. but no other info at all......I agree with the side window being available right away. also anyone having a high pitch noise through headphones front he front jack??

Overclocks etc, etc (Click to show)
post-flame-small.gif_.=2 GHz Overclock Club=._post-flame-small.gif
post-flame-small.gif 5 GHz Overclock Club 3770K @ 5.5 Ghz post-flame-small.gif

We're tuning things, and we'll be right back
All the best,
Overclock.net
post #3175 of 6042 Old 08-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Below Corvett paid for by Amd!

Liked: 269
Quote:

I figured they were loud...little buggers I'll just have to wait and get led strips instead and figure out my lighting that way. might get a bitfenix 200mm for the front for crazy intake and a good 120 for intake as well then noctuas as only rad fans (original idea)
In to that side panel I talked to them a few days ago and they said that they are. but no other info at all......I agree with the side window being available right away. also anyone having a high pitch noise through headphones front he front jack??

Does not get much better then the silence of the 110cfm cm fan u have... unless u want some crazy noise going on.. cant stand noise..
post #3176 of 6042 Old 08-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokies83 View Post

Does not get much better then the silence of the 110cfm cm fan u have... unless u want some crazy noise going on.. cant stand noise..

Yeah I'll just unplud the led.

Overclocks etc, etc (Click to show)
post-flame-small.gif_.=2 GHz Overclock Club=._post-flame-small.gif
post-flame-small.gif 5 GHz Overclock Club 3770K @ 5.5 Ghz post-flame-small.gif

We're tuning things, and we'll be right back
All the best,
Overclock.net
post #3177 of 6042 Old 08-06-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zk1mpls View Post

Hi. Fellow P-1000 user here. I installed it with the "Platinum" logo facing towards me, with the fan on top, rendering the bottom fan filter useless, but I don't experience any problems. I really wish they placed the sticker so that it reads upright with the fan oriented to suck air from the bottom -just like Corsair's AX series (which is upright whichever orientation you put it). I'd say go whichever way that pleases you. It won't really matter, although having the fan suck air from the top without a filter would make your PSU a bit more dusty lol.
532753_10150908285838736_133489759_n.jpg
Btw, make sure to join the Seasonic Platinum Series Club here on OCN. I don't think we're official just yet. They need all the members they can get. biggrin.gif

I have the exact same P1000 and have mounted it as zk1mpls has.
post #3178 of 6042 Old 08-06-2012, 08:32 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkimlee View Post

Got 3 in my antec 902 cant hear them at all over the big boy on top and that red r4 i put in my tuniq 120 extreme.
post #3179 of 6042 Old 08-06-2012, 08:42 PM
PC Gamer

Quote:

I just bought a Bitfenix Green 200mm for the front. Its great!biggrin.gif
post #3180 of 6042 Old 08-06-2012, 08:56 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:

Cm is making a window for the Cosmos 2?.....was just about to order an extra panel (in another tab). ...loved the look of the Mkg mod window ...was toying with this idea...

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page