[Official] Corsair Vengeance C70 Gaming Case Owner Club - Page 81 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #801 of 8442 Old 12-29-2012, 08:21 AM
PC Gamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Purolator finally delivered my box of goodies to my parents house yesterday. My mum opened it up to inspect it, and I'm fairly certain she's more excited about my new build than I am! Just waiting for Canada Post to deliver my new GPU & keyboard there either today or Monday.

While I wait for my parts to make it to my place.. I'm taking suggestions for: replacement fans, cooling (gonna go hydro instead of air as I'm past the excitement of a giant heat sink), and a colour scheme - mainly for the lights - military green feels like it's restricting me somewhat now versus gunmetal black, but I like the case colour and want to have something that works, but don't really want to go with red as it seems over done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #802 of 8442 Old 12-29-2012, 08:43 AM
First Time Build

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadge View Post

Saw the Arctic White C70 whilst browsing cases on eBuyer and honestly just fell in love with it.

I've made a couple of adjustments so far, moving the included fans to the front of the case and installing a black acrylic sheet over the top holes to improve airflow and prevent dust ingress.
I'm also not so keen on the tinted and perforated window though so I have taken all the measurements and produced and AutoCAD drawing to get a new sheet of clear acrylic machined at work in the new year. I will post pictures and a PDF of the drawing file for anyone else who is interested.
Spadge

Very keen on the pdf smile.gif
post #803 of 8442 Old 12-29-2012, 10:48 AM
The King of Ricer Rigs

Liked: 109
Ordered my parallel card.

Thinkin I might 212 evo this thing, rather than NHD14 simply not cost wise, could just H80 it for the same price.

Have a use for 3d printing? Laser Cutting? Laser Scanning? 4/5 axis CNC Milling? Give me a shout! Want to figure out how to make something yourself? Still give me a shout!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #804 of 8442 Old 12-29-2012, 01:22 PM
AMD Overclocker

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavush View Post

Yay! Things went better than I expected for my first PC build. Having watched the newegg tutorials on youtube was key.
LL
LL
and... I got a $50 amazon.com card from my folks "for computer stuff" so looks like I'll be adding the 212 evo and I guess a SATA optical drive to replace what I stole (borrowed!) from the HP.
Nice cable management!

Silly rabbit, Trixx is for overclockers!
Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47 Knucklehead go_quote.gif

Ever since Gates left to be a humanitarian full time, Microsoft has pretty much lost all of their humanity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by splinterize go_quote.gif

I also heard that CLC can cause your house to catch fire and make you more prone to get struck by lightning is it true? wheee.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strickt go_quote.gif

Just think, with all this radiation Godzilla might actually become a thing...
Moar Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1776 go_quote.gif

All ya need is some curb feelers and a leopard hat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Storm go_quote.gif

I'd overclock myself a tennis ball launcher and mount it on my deck in case my airspace gets encroached upon.
post #805 of 8442 Old 12-29-2012, 01:34 PM
AMD Overclocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperTeamTango View Post

Ordered my parallel card.
Thinkin I might 212 evo this thing, rather than NHD14 simply not cost wise, could just H80 it for the same price.
Good idea. The Noctua looks cool, but the performance increase (compared to the 212) isn't enough to justify the price.
I've got a 212 and a couple of Thermaltake Thunderblade fans (max airflow of 70.2CFM each) that keep my proc pretty chilly. thumb.gif
You can get the fans for around $10, and they don't sound like a jet taking off. biggrin.gif

Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:

Ever since Gates left to be a humanitarian full time, Microsoft has pretty much lost all of their humanity.
Quote:

I also heard that CLC can cause your house to catch fire and make you more prone to get struck by lightning is it true? wheee.gif
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'd overclock myself a tennis ball launcher and mount it on my deck in case my airspace gets encroached upon.
post #806 of 8442 Old 12-29-2012, 01:36 PM
The King of Ricer Rigs

Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rteOC View Post

Good idea. The Noctua looks cool, but the performance increase (compared to the 212) isn't enough to justify the price.
I've got a 212 and a couple of Thermaltake Thunderblade fans (max airflow of 70.2CFM each) that keep my proc pretty chilly. thumb.gif
You can get the fans for around $10, and they don't sound like a jet taking off. biggrin.gif

Every single fan in this case will be corsair AF quiet, I'm making custom shrouds for my GPUs to match their architectural theme too. I like the red ring thing going on.

Have a use for 3d printing? Laser Cutting? Laser Scanning? 4/5 axis CNC Milling? Give me a shout! Want to figure out how to make something yourself? Still give me a shout!
post #807 of 8442 Old 12-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Weeaboo

Liked: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavmac View Post

Purolator finally delivered my box of goodies to my parents house yesterday. My mum opened it up to inspect it, and I'm fairly certain she's more excited about my new build than I am! Just waiting for Canada Post to deliver my new GPU & keyboard there either today or Monday.

While I wait for my parts to make it to my place.. I'm taking suggestions for: replacement fans, cooling (gonna go hydro instead of air as I'm past the excitement of a giant heat sink), and a colour scheme - mainly for the lights - military green feels like it's restricting me somewhat now versus gunmetal black, but I like the case colour and want to have something that works, but don't really want to go with red as it seems over done.

If you don't want to go air or go custom water, then the H100i is the only logical solution for the case. For replacement fans, I'd recommend either GTs (if you can find them) or Noctua fans! Color scheme, I'd say anything to match the board at this point. If the board is dark colored, then go with that. If it's light colored, find a dark color to complement it.

I bought the green because it looked fitting for the case. Also, I don't think it'll interfere with my other color scheme.

2 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #808 of 8442 Old 12-29-2012, 03:40 PM
AMD Overclocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperTeamTango View Post

Every single fan in this case will be corsair AF quiet, I'm making custom shrouds for my GPUs to match their architectural theme too. I like the red ring thing going on.
For the looks, those fans are perfect. A couple of those on the Evo should do the trick.thumb.gif

Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

post #809 of 8442 Old 12-29-2012, 03:47 PM
Weeaboo

Liked: 279
post #810 of 8442 Old 12-29-2012, 04:47 PM

Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavmac View Post

I'm taking suggestions for: replacement fans, cooling ...

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/cooling/42109-corsair-air-series-fans/

I found this article really interesting. They use a C70 and replace the stock fans with SP120 and AF120 and compare results stock vs quiet vs performance. I've two SP120 performance fans for the front and two AF140 quiet fans for the top along with a rehosmart6 on my amazon.com wish list to control fans and a roll of white LED ribbon.

5 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page