Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6782 of 11744 Old 04-17-2013, 01:00 PM
Colorado Modder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 182
I'll be making my vote Friday, but I do want to say that both Audioholic and CSCoder4ever are invaluable to this thread. If you search through the thread, they both have helped many more people and answered many more questions...Audio has been doing some amazing work with acrylic and lighting...CSCoder is at the forefront of helping people set up their Linux boxes...Both are excellent choices to take over also! I really respect both of them!

Whoever wins, I really look forward to working with them to make this club even better...thumb.gif
post #6783 of 11744 Old 04-17-2013, 01:10 PM
FOLDING! FOLD FOLD FOLD!

Liked: 120
I feel like crap cause I nominated all 3 of you, now I have to choose... Sorry Audioholic and CSCoder, but LRT gets my vote.

Still In Beta Folding Team Captain
post-flame-small.gifProudly Folding For Still In Betapost-flame-small.gifHFM Live Stats

Steam: ctxdemon | Origin: DerickM
Signature Worthy Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NameUnknown go_quote.gif

I romanced Liara in ME 1.
I last minute romanced Garrus in ME 2.
Then in ME 3 I told Liara we were still together right after telling Garrus the same thing. Progressed on with Liara then (unintentionally) had a shower with Traynor and (intentionally) led on Allers.

So am I a bad person or is my female Shepard just easy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops go_quote.gif

They didn't get kinky no matter what I did. Disappointment.

Chimp Challenge Participant  150 Million Folding Points  BOINC Pentathlon Participant   Foldathon Participant 2015 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6784 of 11744 Old 04-17-2013, 02:23 PM
Cocked & Locked

Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by longroadtrip View Post

Just a quick reminder to nominate who you guys would like to take over this thread on a permanent basis....voting starts Wed 4/17 at 12PM MST thumb.gif

Please let me know how this poll ends up, so I can help you change the OP again tongue.gif Ill take care of it so the mods can stick to their own work. smile.gif

Thanks and good luck to the three candidates, you all appear to be worthy choices!
post #6785 of 11744 Old 04-17-2013, 02:33 PM
Colorado Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Foxx View Post

Please let me know how this poll ends up, so I can help you change the OP again tongue.gif Ill take care of it so the mods can stick to their own work. smile.gif

Thanks and good luck to the three candidates, you all appear to be worthy choices!

Will do Shadow_Foxx!
post #6786 of 11744 Old 04-17-2013, 02:38 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 41
Thanks everyone! No matter who you guys decide I will still be romping around here. Just have been busy trying to figure out final design of my project. I bought a wireless dremel..big mistake..cant even cut through aluminum and the thing is dead...on a side note, I will be ordering my fittings soon to finish the build at least to get it running. Then its all onto the acrylic work thumb.gif
I have never been so active in a thread/forum until I got this case. I just wanted to thank all of you for the help you have given me. And I hope the help that I have given has helped tongue.gif
/campaign rant tongue.gif just kidding, wasnt my intention.

I do have a question: Someone mentioned earlier about plugging LEDs into the Temp Sensors on the Recon....how does this/does it work?
post #6787 of 11744 Old 04-17-2013, 02:42 PM
Colorado Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

Thanks everyone! No matter who you guys decide I will still be romping around here. Just have been busy trying to figure out final design of my project. I bought a wireless dremel..big mistake..cant even cut through aluminum and the thing is dead...on a side note, I will be ordering my fittings soon to finish the build at least to get it running. Then its all onto the acrylic work thumb.gif
I have never been so active in a thread/forum until I got this case. I just wanted to thank all of you for the help you have given me. And I hope the help that I have given has helped tongue.gif
/campaign rant tongue.gif just kidding, wasnt my intention.

I do have a question: Someone mentioned earlier about plugging LEDs into the Temp Sensors on the Recon....how does this/does it work?

My understanding is that you can't with the Recon, but you can with the Hydra Pro...I'm sure there is a couple of mods that could be done to make it work though. thumb.gif
post #6788 of 11744 Old 04-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Programmer

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Liked: 156
Thanks all! biggrin.gif

Sorry I didn't post sooner, but when you're at college... things can get busy.

anyhow... I got nothing, what should I say? tongue.gif

1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #6789 of 11744 Old 04-17-2013, 03:37 PM

Liked: 0
Hey everyone! I just got my prodigy to switch from a 600T. The build went pretty darn well, and all I had to buy was the case and a new motherboard (I got the gigabyte z77 board).

However, I've hit a small roadblock. Because of the size constraints, I could no longer use my hyper 212+ and had to toss my stock intel cooler in until I can get something better. I'm not getting temperatures that I'm happy with, so I figure I should get an H60.

Issue 1: There's only two fan headers on the motherboard - the one for the CPU fan and an extra for case fans. The prodigy came with two case fans, so I'm only running the front one right now. What kind of splitter would work best for this so I can use both?

Issue 2: The H60 uses both the CPU fan header and another motherboard fan header (For the radiator fan). As I understand it, the piece that goes on top of the CPU has a cable that plugs into the CPU fan header, and the fan attached to the radiator goes in a normal fan header on the motherboard. Is this correct? And will I still be fine running all of this with a 3-pin fan splitter?

I suppose a molex to 3-pin adapter would work too, but when all is said and done, I'll have the h60 plugged into the CPU fan header, then three more fans (one screwed to the radiator, one on the top grill, one on the front.)

I guess I'm just seeing how I should go about making all of this possible with only two motherboard fan headers.
post #6790 of 11744 Old 04-17-2013, 03:50 PM
Colorado Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbernator View Post

Hey everyone! I just got my prodigy to switch from a 600T. The build went pretty darn well, and all I had to buy was the case and a new motherboard (I got the gigabyte z77 board).

However, I've hit a small roadblock. Because of the size constraints, I could no longer use my hyper 212+ and had to toss my stock intel cooler in until I can get something better. I'm not getting temperatures that I'm happy with, so I figure I should get an H60.

Issue 1: There's only two fan headers on the motherboard - the one for the CPU fan and an extra for case fans. The prodigy came with two case fans, so I'm only running the front one right now. What kind of splitter would work best for this so I can use both?

Issue 2: The H60 uses both the CPU fan header and another motherboard fan header (For the radiator fan). As I understand it, the piece that goes on top of the CPU has a cable that plugs into the CPU fan header, and the fan attached to the radiator goes in a normal fan header on the motherboard. Is this correct? And will I still be fine running all of this with a 3-pin fan splitter?

I suppose a molex to 3-pin adapter would work too, but when all is said and done, I'll have the h60 plugged into the CPU fan header, then three more fans (one screwed to the radiator, one on the top grill, one on the front.)

I guess I'm just seeing how I should go about making all of this possible with only two motherboard fan headers.

First, congratulations on your Prodigy! Once you post a photo, we can add you to the club! thumb.gif

As for your questions:
Issue 1: you can pick up a molex to 3 pin splitter for relatively nothing. Here is one that will control 2 fans...Another option is this, however, do not use the mobo fan header for this solution.

Issue 2: You are correct with the H60 configuration...however, do not run both the H60 pump and fan off the same header.

Another option is to plug the H60 pump into the CPU Fan header and then run your fans off a fan controller.

Hope this helps..any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page