[Official] Cooler Master HAF-XB Club! - Page 26 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #251 of 10526 Old 12-08-2012, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 128

As promised my brothers HAF XB 99% completed build as I'm/we're awaiting a sale on a Blu Ray Burner (Samsung or Lite-On) to go in the lower 5.25" bay.  The second and third photos illustrate my incorporating a 3.5" Sunbeam Rheosmart Fan Controller on the left side of the chassis tied down using wire ties on two of the tie downs on the crossframe and one tied down on the right corner of the controller to the lowest end hole of the 5.25" cage that won't get in the way when I eventually place a drive in the lower slot.  Also gives easy access to those channel knobs solely by taking the top panel off though there's no need to really ever a need to do so as it's a set it and forget it and didn't want to occupy one of the front bays for nothing in my view.  There is clearance left over between the mounted fan controller and side panel on, though I didn't measure the side panel easily re-installs.  The only caveat is when that new eventual Blu Ray drive arrives I'll need to redo the upper cable ties as I'll need access to plug in the sata/power cables - no big deal really.

140mm Yate Loon fans up front and 120mm Yate Loon fan in the rear - all medium speed.

I'd say all in all it's a neat and clean build.

wink.gif

My own HAF XB build will be awhile as I need to prepare a resting place for the case.

The first rule of great customer service is: GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT WITH URGENCY AND MAKE THEM FEEL VALUED!

The second rule of great customer service is: FIRST LEARN THE FIRST RULE!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #252 of 10526 Old 12-08-2012, 07:49 PM

Liked: 0
Very Nice!
post #253 of 10526 Old 12-08-2012, 09:05 PM

Liked: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailboss3 View Post

Very Nice!

I second this. Very nice.thumb.gif

Edit: I see you have a Hyper 212 Evo in there. Have you ever been over to the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus/EVO Club? I would suggest losing the stock "extraflo fan" and replacing it with the stock fan that comes with the 212+ (the Blade Master ). I am running a push/pull setup with them and hit a maximum of 65C at 4.75Ghz at 1.36V on my SB-E.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #254 of 10526 Old 12-09-2012, 02:17 AM - Thread Starter
Case Modder

Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Asylum View Post

i'm sorry guys ;_; i didn't mean to betray the brotherhood. i sat down when i had more time and gave the XB more tender love and care that she deserves. my build is now finished. here are my build pics

now, can i join? smile.gif

cheers.gifWelcome to the Haf XB Case Club Dark-Asylum !!cheers.gif

Glad you decided to stick with the case dude! I have added your linked name to the OP, thank you for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary Ecyrb View Post

Just a little trick I learned about the toolless adapter. Because the right side of the cage had the tension tabs kinda loose, my optical drive would keep shifting when I pressed the button. Simple solution: Press the tabs inward about 1/4 an inch and that will greatly help in keeping whatever device you have in the bay from moving around.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b573/coldhoth/Computer/cmredo3.jpg

Thanks for the tip BE thumb.gif
post #255 of 10526 Old 12-09-2012, 05:58 AM

Liked: 0
Hello People,

i'll be back with my Haf XB and i have included my System. I must say to fit my System inside was a Crazy Job. OK i think, i am a Freak wheee.gif.

All what you see must fit inside the Haf XB.
Assembly Work

Completely Installed

My System Specification:

Intel Core I5 @ 4x4.0GHz
ASRock P67 Extreme 4
2x4 GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3
EVGA GTX 560 Ti DS Superclocked with Accelero Twin Turbo II @ 2x120mm Fans
Scythe Mugen 2 with 2x 120 Fans
1x Samsung SSD 830 128 GB
2x WD 500 GB SATA-600 @ Raid 0
all installed Fans: 2x80mm, 5x120mm, 2x140mm
Noiselevel with all Fans: 40 db
post #256 of 10526 Old 12-09-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime1974 View Post

Hello People,

i'll be back with my Haf XB and i have included my System. I must say to fit my System inside was a Crazy Job. OK i think, i am a Freak wheee.gif.

All what you see must fit inside the Haf XB.
Assembly Work

Completely Installed

My System Specification:

Intel Core I5 @ 4x4.0GHz
ASRock P67 Extreme 4
2x4 GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3

Nice build. smile.gif

As with anything - what you put into it is what you're going to get out of it.

Taking ones time with proper planning is best IMHO.

My brothers HAF XB build took a bit of time to get it that clean and neat.

The first rule of great customer service is: GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT WITH URGENCY AND MAKE THEM FEEL VALUED!

post #257 of 10526 Old 12-09-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey77 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailboss3 View Post

Very Nice!

I second this. Very nice.thumb.gif

Edit: I see you have a Hyper 212 Evo in there. Have you ever been over to the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus/EVO Club? I would suggest losing the stock "extraflo fan" and replacing it with the stock fan that comes with the 212+ (the Blade Master ). I am running a push/pull setup with them and hit a maximum of 65C at 4.75Ghz at 1.36V on my SB-E.

Oh is that so?! tongue.gif

I don't overclock but that said: I already have a second computer with the Hyper 212 plus to which I've been a member of that club for awhile now and I know that the Blade Master fans have better static pressure but not by a "ton".  The second system with a q6600 processor was originally run as a P/P then run with one BM fan and saw at best 1 degree celcius difference in temps and this in the midst of the summer without the A/C on.  Now to my brothers Hyper 212 Evo - it was tried with my spare Blade Master fan I had from my Hyper 212 plus and you know other than the "extra noise" that the Blade Master makes it made no difference in temps at all, so hence why the extraflo fan went back on and is quieter.  Same thing with my Hyper 412 PWM cooler in my signature build.

I can see for people who overclock their processors that the Blade Master fans will make a difference only because of that much more excessive heat and or their cases maybe have "so-so" case cooling, otherwise in my testing it makes no sense to trade for the extra noise with no real cooling benefits for me/us. biggrin.gif

post #258 of 10526 Old 12-09-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickt1862 View Post

Hmmmmm......On the rough unfinished brothers build it seems that enough pressure on the left side of the front panel near the reset and power switches makes it reset. sad-smiley-002.gif

I tried loosening the screws to the power switch on the back of the front panel to no avail. 

Please bear with my long winded post below:

Okay once my brothers build was complete I did a little research on this scenario quoted above.  It seems that the extra tabs behind the front panel were there and originally designed as a "stopper/limiter" to that area to where the reset/power switches are so not to depress the power and or reset switches via other areas of the panel.  One thing though being that others here never trimmed those tabs and are having the same problem plus still having the inability to mount 140mm fans behind the front panel tell me that there has to be a discrepancy on how these front panels are manufactured.  I also did the direct PCB test as to have the front panel off while the system is on and put finger pressure all around the PCB which resulted in nothing happening, no resetting or power off.  This only happens to some people with the front panel on trimmed or not.

I did the two toothpick trick (being the front panel was already trimmed) lol!

Just below the tabs there's a void in that I pushed one round toothpick (to the area of where the power switch is) in there and taping another on top of that.  Result after putting the panel back on is that it's MUCH better in that the panel didn't with pressure no longer resets.

See the panel trimmed or not has slight give in the reset and power switch areas of the front panel and as snug as that panel is to those switches that little give gives some of us resets with the slightest of touches.  It's not the PCB but the tabs not doing the job of a stopper/limiter and because of the location of such that makes it impossible to mount 140mm fans as it hits the lower part of the 140mm fan frame while trying to install the front panel back on the chassis.

I've been in contact with one of our reps here via private message and he said that the case is designed for 140mm fans right behind the front panel just like what the manual says and that they tried to do so with success though it was also mentioned that it's a tight fit.

When I receive my HAF XB which should be tomorrow or the next day I'll try mounting 140mm to this particular case and see if it's different.  I'll also connect the Power/Reset Switch connections to my second computer (yeah two cases close to each other) to see if the reset problem exists with it as well - a faster way for me to know before whenever I get to place my signature system in it.

post #259 of 10526 Old 12-09-2012, 12:00 PM

Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime1974 View Post

snipped pics
Intel Core I5 @ 4x4.0GHz
ASRock P67 Extreme 4
2x4 GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3

dude your build looks sick as hell
post #260 of 10526 Old 12-09-2012, 02:14 PM

Liked: 240
Something curious happened today while I was snapping my front panel on. I started from the top this time working my way down (this is opposite from the way I usually do it) and my power button became unresponsive and felt bound up. To those of you with button problems, which way do you snap your front panel on? Have you tried it both ways? I finally snapped it back on from the bottom up and it works just fine again. There is evidently some alignment issues with the front panel/buttons.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page