Corsair 650d vs Cooler Master HAF XM - Overclock.net

View Poll Results: Which case will be the base for my Haswell build?
CoolerMaster HAF XM 5 31.25%
Corsair 650d 11 68.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 03-19-2013, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Vote for my new chassis for my 2013 Haswell Gaming machine!

Cannot make up my mind as both cases do what I need them to do & have all the feautures.

There is no ' other option ' because I've ruled out all the other cases.

thumb.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-19-2013, 03:55 PM

Liked: 2696
I have the bigger HAF X and i love it the only problem i have with it is that the top dust filters are a pain to clean

Many hate the HAF series for its looks but i really dont have a problem with the looks

post #3 of 12 Old 03-19-2013, 10:29 PM

Liked: 239
Corsair 650D:)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 03-19-2013, 10:38 PM

Liked: 128

HAF XM = PSU filter is useless as it sits directly below the PSU INSIDE the case.

Corsair 650D although not perfect is the better choice IMO.

Too bad for the HAF XM that they didn't learn from their 690 II Advanced with the same bad PSU filter location.

The first rule of great customer service is: GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT WITH URGENCY AND MAKE THEM FEEL VALUED!

The second rule of great customer service is: FIRST LEARN THE FIRST RULE!

post #5 of 12 Old 03-19-2013, 10:44 PM
Database Developer

Liked: 447
I'll throw my two cent's in and say NEITHER. Get a CM Storm Trooper. If you like the HAF XM you will probably like the Trooper better!

I have my Ubuntu media server in an HAF XM and the only problem I have with that case is the hot plug caddies are really, really cheap compared to the HAF XB. Unbelievable cheap.

Greg

post #6 of 12 Old 03-19-2013, 10:55 PM

Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammong View Post

I'll throw my two cent's in and say NEITHER. Get a CM Storm Trooper. If you like the HAF XM you will probably like the Trooper better!

I have my Ubuntu media server in an HAF XM and the only problem I have with that case is the hot plug caddies are really, really cheap compared to the HAF XB. Unbelievable cheap.

Greg

Yep mine is on-route. biggrin.gif

I chose the better of the two IMHO of what the OP mentioned, otherwise I agree with you.

The first rule of great customer service is: GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT WITH URGENCY AND MAKE THEM FEEL VALUED!

The second rule of great customer service is: FIRST LEARN THE FIRST RULE!

post #7 of 12 Old 03-19-2013, 11:52 PM
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 7
Why not Fractal R4 with a window?
post #8 of 12 Old 03-20-2013, 12:11 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 6
I would agree with hammong in this instance. His build looks spectacular & the quality of the Trooper series is fairly higher than that of the HAF series in my honest opinion. Although keep in mind the Trooper is a HEAVY case, I am by no means a small or weak guy & this thing is very weighty.

As far as the Corsair 650d goes, it is a great & well built case. The only complaint I have with that case is there ( without significant modding & cutting ) the stock cooling is average and the water cooling support is no better than other mid towers, despite it being on the larger end of the mid tower spectrum.

If your dead-set on a mid tower, may I recommend to you a Fractal Design case, the R4 absolutely blew me away with it's design & quality. Also the Arc Midi r2 seems to be very promising.

As for the cases you have chosen, I don't necessarily think you can go wrong, but whatever you decide to go with mate, enjoy the build & good luck. thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
post #9 of 12 Old 03-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Database Developer

Liked: 447
The Fractal Define R4 is indeed an extremely high quality case. I have one of those up in the loft for my daughter's 2600K/GTX 470 build. My primary concern in that location was a quiet case, and the R4 has no equal in that department. It's a little weak in terms of cooling, but for a media center PC or casual use system, the quiet factor is unsurpassed.

Thanks for the build comments Curt. I've been building my own rigs for 20+ years now, and this I the first one I really oogle at. LOL

Greg

post #10 of 12 Old 03-21-2013, 06:17 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammong View Post

The Fractal Define R4 is indeed an extremely high quality case. I have one of those up in the loft for my daughter's 2600K/GTX 470 build. My primary concern in that location was a quiet case, and the R4 has no equal in that department. It's a little weak in terms of cooling, but for a media center PC or casual use system, the quiet factor is unsurpassed.

Thanks for the build comments Curt. I've been building my own rigs for 20+ years now, and this I the first one I really oogle at. LOL

Greg

No problems, it's a great build man, I clicked on the rig and had a look! Wow 20+ years, I've only been building systems for about 5 years & I'm about to build another. I was actually deciding between the storm trooper & the 650d and I chose the 650d for various reasons. I didn't have the need for a full tower and the 650d was more my style, though I personally do really like the storm trooper as well and it's one of the best full towers. The 650d doesn't perform as well as the trooper but the quality amazes me & the trooper is bloody heavy man tongue.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page