Corsair 750D Owners Club - Page 400 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #3991 of 9645 Old 04-25-2014, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
OK, this is seriously giving me a headache. I completely appreciate everyone's input on this and have to say that at every step of the way regarding this build (first build ever) people on this forum (this thread and others I've started) have been immensely helpful even when asking questions that a lot here would think are pretty straight forward and elementary.
Now, as far as the fan situation is concerned, I'm thinking about going for 5 (3 on top and 2 at front) Gentle Typhoon AP-14s (or, if I get the fan controller, the AP-30s). If I decide to go even more broke and get a fan controller I'm looking at the Lamptron FC5 which will allow me control of the fans and, I learned last night, control of my LED strip lights. I'm going to wait for a couple of hours and see if anyone throws more info my way then place the order. Again, thanks to everyone. The forum totally rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc-illiterate View Post

if it were me, i would put yate loon 140s on the front between the case and front bezel. if you can still get ap-14, use those inside on the front. you are going with a 240 in the front correct?
ap-30 are good rad fans if you have a fan controller to undervolt them. they will be insanely loud beasts at 4250 rpm.

what rads are you planning and where?

*EDIT* - nevermind, i see you plan 2 rads. i would honestly go ap-14 on all rads unless you want eloops. i would use the yate 140mm on the front pushing in though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3992 of 9645 Old 04-25-2014, 10:37 AM
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustypixel View Post

OK, this is seriously giving me a headache. I completely appreciate everyone's input on this and have to say that at every step of the way regarding this build (first build ever) people on this forum (this thread and others I've started) have been immensely helpful even when asking questions that a lot here would think are pretty straight forward and elementary.
Now, as far as the fan situation is concerned, I'm thinking about going for 5 (3 on top and 2 at front) Gentle Typhoon AP-14s (or, if I get the fan controller, the AP-30s). If I decide to go even more broke and get a fan controller I'm looking at the Lamptron FC5 which will allow me control of the fans and, I learned last night, control of my LED strip lights. I'm going to wait for a couple of hours and see if anyone throws more info my way then place the order. Again, thanks to everyone. The forum totally rocks!

^ This

I've done exactly the same, i have FC5V3 with the first 3 channels running fans and the 5/6th channels running led strips for adjustable lighting. instead of AP-14/30's i have the phobya eloops but same principle. sounds good mate thumb.gif
post #3993 of 9645 Old 04-25-2014, 11:11 AM

Liked: 13
Its up to you really, there's a million choices between all the rad/fan combinations. In most cases, there is not a "right" or "wrong" way to do it, really, its about what you're looking to get most out of it.
If aesthetics are the priority, go with the fans you think will look best in your system.
If you're more worried about function, then find the best pressure-optimized fans to suit your system.
If you want silence to be a priority, then you have low-RPM options there as well.
You can even get a balance of both if it will work better in certain circumstance for one rad, but not the other. (i.e. eloops as top exhaust, typhoons as front intake)

It's your system, and about what you want or need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3994 of 9645 Old 04-25-2014, 03:35 PM
1.3ghz

Liked: 20
I'm so close to having all my parts needed to really take off and really get going on my 750D case. My second Asus 770 GTX came in today. thumb.gif.... Unfortunetly, I ordered the wrong part mad.gif for my EK FC 770 GTX waterblock and now have to wait for it to come in. frown.gif

Hopefully next week, I can start the porting over from old case and upgrading into the new case. "MAYBE" We'll see how the custom G-Skill Trident X mounting blocks for my loop are coming along. wink.gif Only time will tell.

BF4= Spyd1r
See ya's on the field

Steam= midnightorion
post #3995 of 9645 Old 04-25-2014, 04:05 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc-illiterate View Post

what? gentle typhoons are static pressure fans. they are also the best price:performance that you can get if you can still find them.
you need to learn the difference between scythe and corsair. corsair fans are af and sp. the sp are best for rads but are horrendously loud. gentle typhoons are ap series fans. silverstone also uses the ap designation on their fans.
my bad I got the ap and af thing confused.

post #3996 of 9645 Old 04-25-2014, 04:14 PM

Liked: 1
Placed the order for the Gentle Typhoon AP-30s. I was going to get the AP-44s that I found but figured that I might as well sell a kidney and get the fan controller too so I can scale back the 4250 RPM as needed and still have the extra oomph needed for the really hot summer months. Thanks again for all the replies, suggestions and general help thumb.gif. I'm sure there will be more questions forthcoming.
post #3997 of 9645 Old 04-25-2014, 04:26 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 145
Some parts are starting to roll in. EK rigid tube and fittings a Bitspower drain valve and a funnel made for the top of the res to squeeze the Mayhems dye in.

devil.gif [Official] AMD R9 280X / 280 & 270X Owners Club devil.gif

BUILD LOG
"Any fool can condemn, criticize and complain - and most fools do"
- Ben Franklin -
post #3998 of 9645 Old 04-26-2014, 06:33 PM
WaterCooler

No more big hole in the back.

BUILD LOG
- Ben Franklin -
post #3999 of 9645 Old 04-26-2014, 06:43 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog83 View Post

No more big hole in the back.

What did you use to make the mobo tray so clean like that? I've been looking for a way to hide that back space...

post #4000 of 9645 Old 04-26-2014, 06:55 PM
WaterCooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callist0 View Post

What did you use to make the mobo tray so clean like that? I've been looking for a way to hide that back space...

1/8" plexi-glass.

BUILD LOG
- Ben Franklin -

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page