The NZXT H-Series Club (H630, H440, H230) - Page 22 - Overclock.net

View Poll Results: Should I add the S340 to the thread, and alter the club name?
Keep H-Series only (H630, H440, H230) for more detailed thread 92 64.34%
Add the S340, alter the club name to add "S" line, because their similar products 51 35.66%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 4482 Old 12-15-2013, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter
WaterCooler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaguya View Post

my build so far

looks good, that's the Monsta right? How dI'd you get it to fit with the drive bay cage in? does it flex enough with a. little muscle?

Cheers-cheers.gif
SgtGates
ninja.gifNZXT H-Series Memberninja.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 4482 Old 12-15-2013, 05:16 PM

Liked: 4
it most certainly is a 360mm monsta actually i didn't have any issues fitting it in at all it just only fits upside down. so getting air should be interesting maybe, i also cut a piece of acrylic i had and mounted the pump at an angle so routing the tube would be easier to the res, drilled a couple of holes to mount that in the back with no issues. i flushed the rad best i could with warm water but nothing came out of it did i do something wrong? or did i just get a clean one? you might also note that im going from pump to rad to components this isn't something iv seen done before has anyone got any pointers on this being a bad idea? this is my first time doing a custom loop.
post #213 of 4482 Old 12-16-2013, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter
WaterCooler

Quote:

it most certainly is a 360mm monsta actually i didn't have any issues fitting it in at all it just only fits upside down. so getting air should be interesting maybe, i also cut a piece of acrylic i had and mounted the pump at an angle so routing the tube would be easier to the res, drilled a couple of holes to mount that in the back with no issues. i flushed the rad best i could with warm water but nothing came out of it did i do something wrong? or did i just get a clean one? you might also note that im going from pump to rad to components this isn't something iv seen done before has anyone got any pointers on this being a bad idea? this is my first time doing a custom loop.

No rad should be fine, not always is there junk and shaving in new rads, but good to flush. Going from pump to rad then components is ok as long as its cpu first for component. Just make sure your mobo isn't powered up nor the 8 pin cpu power so nothing gets overheated until your loop is completely filled and transferring heat.

Cheers-cheers.gif
SgtGates
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 4482 Old 12-16-2013, 08:44 AM

ya well iv got a couple spare psus laying around im just guna hook the pump upto one of those and flick the switch on and off to turn the pump on and off untill i have the loop filled. then hook things up the right way
post #215 of 4482 Old 12-16-2013, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter
WaterCooler

Quote:

ya well iv got a couple spare psus laying around im just guna hook the pump upto one of those and flick the switch on and off to turn the pump on and off untill i have the loop filled. then hook things up the right way

Sound good! thumb.gif

Cheers-cheers.gif
SgtGates
post #216 of 4482 Old 12-17-2013, 11:55 AM

time to finish this today, got and installed cables from moddiy yesterday things are looking very nice with white and black sleeved cables. i also noticed that the corsair sp 120 fan in the front center was having trouble with the ring being pressed against part of the case bending it enough to make the blade touch and stop rotation nothing a pare of tin snips couldn't fix though. didn't bother to do it neatly im not going to be able to see it anyways. pictures soon to fallow when done, anybody with last minuet tips on filling a loop please do chime in lol.
post #217 of 4482 Old 12-17-2013, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter
WaterCooler

Quote:

time to finish this today, got and installed cables from moddiy yesterday things are looking very nice with white and black sleeved cables. i also noticed that the corsair sp 120 fan in the front center was having trouble with the ring being pressed against part of the case bending it enough to make the blade touch and stop rotation nothing a pare of tin snips couldn't fix though. didn't bother to do it neatly im not going to be able to see it anyways. pictures soon to fallow when done, anybody with last minuet tips on filling a loop please do chime in lol.

The rings do that sometimes, its just not seated correctly try re installing the ring or turn it a bit and it will fit, either that or you have it torqued down too tight. Just fill loop till res is full, make sure pump has water turn it on, let pump cycle till res is low, shut it off, re fill and repeat till full

Cheers-cheers.gif
SgtGates
post #218 of 4482 Old 12-17-2013, 10:40 PM

so i had trouble fitting the graphics cards in together the sli adapter i have to use in-between (although it was the smallest i could find) was still too large, so i pulled a metal shop and got out a file and a hack saw and cut a little bit of the threads out and shaved away to make things work, it still isn't perfect but and you can tell if you look closely that the cards dont line up perfectly but they do fit snuggly in the pci slots and thats good enough for me, there secure and nothings leaking. so hardcore engineering points for me? lol as of now we are 4 hours running and getting bubbles out and not a drop has leaked. cant wait to post some pictures tomorrow hopefully. i also received the brackets to mount my 3" drives in the optical drive bays and that worked out very well hides them away nicely and the mounting is very secure, this isn't a very neat build as far as tubing runs but seeing as how i used all compression fittings and no angled fittings i wasnt expecting it to be. cant wait to post pictures and see what everyone things. also i would like to thank everyone here on the forum for your amazing help and good ideas.
post #219 of 4482 Old 12-18-2013, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter
WaterCooler

Quote:

so i had trouble fitting the graphics cards in together the sli adapter i have to use in-between (although it was the smallest i could find) was still too large, so i pulled a metal shop and got out a file and a hack saw and cut a little bit of the threads out and shaved away to make things work, it still isn't perfect but and you can tell if you look closely that the cards dont line up perfectly but they do fit snuggly in the pci slots and thats good enough for me, there secure and nothings leaking. so hardcore engineering points for me? lol as of now we are 4 hours running and getting bubbles out and not a drop has leaked. cant wait to post some pictures tomorrow hopefully. i also received the brackets to mount my 3" drives in the optical drive bays and that worked out very well hides them away nicely and the mounting is very secure, this isn't a very neat build as far as tubing runs but seeing as how i used all compression fittings and no angled fittings i wasnt expecting it to be. cant wait to post pictures and see what everyone things. also i would like to thank everyone here on the forum for your amazing help and good ideas.

engineering at its finest thumb.gif

Thanks for sharing! I love helping others with their builds when I can. sounds good look forward to pics!

Cheers-cheers.gif
SgtGates
post #220 of 4482 Old 12-18-2013, 10:55 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 5
Send a message via Skype™ to yancyv8
Would the H230 fit in this club?

Here's my rig that's ALMOST completed. I still need to get the Kraken G10 that isn't in stock now and put the second H55 in for the R9 270X I have and buy another HDD then it will be 100% done. I also plan on putting a window in and covering up that ugly corsair logo on the cpu H55.

Lemme know what you guys think.

"Daaaaaahahhhhhh HAARRROOOOOOO!!"

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page