Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplesOfEpicnes View Post

The graphics card?
(Graphics processing unit)

Lol you said you were worried about the GPU being suffocated. Wondered what your GPU is, that's all.

I have used nearly every CPU from Sandy Bridge on and Phenom II on. I have also used most GPU's from 2011 on, from low, mid and high. I've built 100's of rigs over the years. Most for fun and some for side work. If you have any questions and want an unbiased opinion, please feel free to PM me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1872 of 2261 Old 10-19-2015, 07:27 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRUSH View Post

Lol you said you were worried about the GPU being suffocated. Wondered what your GPU is, that's all.

I though you asked what a GPU was... Derp

Edited in the gpu specs.
980ti refrence
post #1873 of 2261 Old 10-19-2015, 07:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplesOfEpicnes View Post

I though you asked what a GPU was... Derp

Edited in the gpu specs.
980ti refrence

Well at least it's a blower cooler. What you'll want to do is put as much of the PSU cables possible between the PSU itself and the back panel. There's a nice sized game there. That'll open up the area in the front bottom corner where there's small holes to get a small amount of fresh air. Good luck, the reference 980ti is relatively hot.

I have used nearly every CPU from Sandy Bridge on and Phenom II on. I have also used most GPU's from 2011 on, from low, mid and high. I've built 100's of rigs over the years. Most for fun and some for side work. If you have any questions and want an unbiased opinion, please feel free to PM me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1874 of 2261 Old 10-20-2015, 06:17 PM

Anyone know how big this case is compared to the Raijintek Metis?
post #1875 of 2261 Old 10-20-2015, 11:24 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 1
Looks like Metis case is smaller.

Metris 190 x 277 x 254 mm
Hadron 169 x 305 x 308 mm
post #1876 of 2261 Old 10-22-2015, 05:00 AM

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedVoltage View Post

Looks like Metis case is smaller.

Metris 190 x 277 x 254 mm
Hadron 169 x 305 x 308 mm

The Silverstone SG05 and SG08 are also smaller smile.gif
I like the design of the EVGA better though.

5 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #1877 of 2261 Old 10-22-2015, 05:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrockh View Post

The Silverstone SG05 and SG08 are also smaller smile.gif
I like the design of the EVGA better though.

Same here and not only that, but the Hadron's footprint on a desk is extremely small by design. That's where it's at for me and itx builds. It's not so much the space inside but the space taken where it sits.

post #1878 of 2261 Old 10-26-2015, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRUSH View Post

Same here and not only that, but the Hadron's footprint on a desk is extremely small by design. That's where it's at for me and itx builds. It's not so much the space inside but the space taken where it sits.

I live in the city and have a small room, so the ITX was a godsend for me. I loved how tiny the Hadron was while still allowing me to use top-shelf components. It's a royal pain in the chair-imprinter to work in, but the way everything juuuust fits and there's very little wasted space kinda makes the inner engineer in me happy... still think making it a little taller so it could use a more-common SFX power supply would've been a smart move, it would've opened up the airflow for the GPU a little more and made replacing/upgrading a heck of a lot simpler, but it's a minor complaint all said.

The stock PSU is kind of cool in it's own right, making a high-wattage 1U that doesn't sound like a B1 Lancer at full afterburner is admirable.

It is what it is.
post #1879 of 2261 Old 10-26-2015, 08:38 AM

Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blze001 View Post

I live in the city and have a small room, so the ITX was a godsend for me. I loved how tiny the Hadron was while still allowing me to use top-shelf components. It's a royal pain in the chair-imprinter to work in, but the way everything juuuust fits and there's very little wasted space kinda makes the inner engineer in me happy... still think making it a little taller so it could use a more-common SFX power supply would've been a smart move, it would've opened up the airflow for the GPU a little more and made replacing/upgrading a heck of a lot simpler, but it's a minor complaint all said.

The stock PSU is kind of cool in it's own right, making a high-wattage 1U that doesn't sound like a B1 Lancer at full afterburner is admirable.

Wouldn't even really need to do that. They could have shifted it around so drive mounting happened under the GPU, and the existing drive cage (which, as far as I can tell, most people got rid of) could instead turn into an SFX PSU mount. This could potentially open up airflow for all the components (using 2.5" drives would give a lot more ventilation space). You could then lower the mobo and GPU mounts (just a smidge) and make it about 2cm taller and just a touch deeper (front to back) to accommodate the new hardware, which would also open up space for a slim 240mm AIO and a 92 or 80mm mount in the bottom front to give the GPU fresh air or open up options for GPU lengths, for possibly even R9 295X2-esque cards. And on top of all that, the Hadron wouldn't sound like a damn jet anymore when you got it going.

The biggest caveat I see is getting PSU ventilation to work right, which could be done with a mesh front panel instead of the plastic one we have now, which would also open up airflow and ventilation a considerable amount. You'd also have to move the power button to, say, one of the top corners, but that wouldn't be so bad.

Hell, maybe I'll just build one myself using my Hadron as a prototype. I don't think I plan on keeping it around much longer.

Edit: Structure, thought organization, run-on sentences. Just generally fixed stuff.

Quote:
"Roses are red, violets are blue. They don't think it be like it is, but it do."
"What I've done so far is pour alcohol on things - it helps people, so I figured it would be the same for keyboards."

Clubs (Click to show)
Heatware: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=101432
post #1880 of 2261 Old 11-01-2015, 06:21 PM

Anyone know how much space there is between the top of the psu and a dual slot gpu? I want to slap a fan on it to cool the psu better.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page