Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws View Post

some pics of the 3d printed grills which one do you like best
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Personally, I think all that 3D printed plastic crap looks cheap, tacky, and/or gaudy, . . . .

and wouldn't put, or even want, any of it near any one of my builds.

I'm not of a much more favorable opinion of a lot of the CNC'd billet aluminum stuff, although it is usually more gaudy and overpresent than cheap and tacky.

The lack of any positive responses to the 3D printed stuff posts, should be a bit of a hint as to its popularity.

But everyone to their own predilections . . .

As I tend to like a light, artsy, and colorful look, while absolutely loathing the ever popular black and industrial look . . .

Darlene the Curmudgeon
post #1013 of 3192 Old 06-04-2016, 08:12 AM
Case Modder

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Definitely the third or fourth smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1015 of 3192 Old 06-04-2016, 06:32 PM

Liked: 0

Waiting on my XSPC fittings, CPU block (XSPC white LED and white face plate), coolant (clear), and EVGA GTX 1080 FTW... Phase II will include a GPU block (XSPC confirmed with me that they will come out with one "soon") and a 1TB M.2 SSD (Sandisk).

Case: Thermaltake Core P5 and Monitor: Samsung 28" 4K
MOBO: EVGA Z170 FTW
CPU: i7 6700k oc'd 4.6GHZ w/Windows 10
CPU WB: XSPC Raystorm (White Face Plate) and Rad: XSPC EX480 w/Thermaltake Riing 120mm fans x 4 w/NZXT Grid+/Hue+
Reservoir/Pump: XSPC Photon 270mm/D5 pump/black aluminum ring
Ram: G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
PSU: EVGA P2 1000W w/Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 white cable sleeves
GPU: EVGA 1080 founder's edition w/XSPC Razor and backplate
Sound Card: Creative SoundBlaster HD Titanium
SSD: Samsung Pro 950 256GB M.2
Speaker: Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX and Headphones: Astro A40 w/mixamp
post #1016 of 3192 Old 06-04-2016, 06:49 PM

Here is my loop I plan on doing. The outer left is an outlet and the middle and outer right are inlets. The top is a fill port only.

Case: Thermaltake Core P5 and Monitor: Samsung 28" 4K
MOBO: EVGA Z170 FTW
CPU: i7 6700k oc'd 4.6GHZ w/Windows 10
CPU WB: XSPC Raystorm (White Face Plate) and Rad: XSPC EX480 w/Thermaltake Riing 120mm fans x 4 w/NZXT Grid+/Hue+
Reservoir/Pump: XSPC Photon 270mm/D5 pump/black aluminum ring
Ram: G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
PSU: EVGA P2 1000W w/Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 white cable sleeves
GPU: EVGA 1080 founder's edition w/XSPC Razor and backplate
Sound Card: Creative SoundBlaster HD Titanium
SSD: Samsung Pro 950 256GB M.2
Speaker: Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX and Headphones: Astro A40 w/mixamp
post #1017 of 3192 Old 06-05-2016, 04:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Made a little progress on the P5 this weekend, while waiting on $200 worth of bits and thick acrylic to arrive from McMaster . .

Somehow, it just never fails, no matter how little I think I need, trying to stay under $100 is pretty hard, there's just soooo much nice stuff and tools . . .

The first 2 strings of the individually addressable super high density led strip and a controller came in, so since it never works together the way it comes, I fixed it, like I had to on the Core X9 build where it uses the same LED strips and controller . . .

It actually takes a good bit of changing how it all connects, and then setting it up with Molex connectors to run off the PSU, but at least all 288 leds all sequence properly now, when the next 2 strips come in, I'll set them up to run in parallel with the first 2 strips

With the LEDs ready, and some sunny weather for a change, I painted the rad support brackets . . . .

I'm using the Gigabyte G1 Gaming 7 board, so I can use the nickel-plexi EK monoblock I already bought, but didn't use yet from a previous build, where I changed my mind last minute, and went with the Gaming 7 GT board, which has more power phases, but the monoblock doesn't fit it..

With the mobo being mostly trimmed in white, with red accents, I went out on a limb and painted the rad brackets red, since the rad itself is white.

The bracket is cut down considerably from stock, so it doesn't show much, so I'm hoping the red will be a nice accent to pick up the way the board has the red accents . . .

Guess we'll see how that worked out when it's all dry and cured for a few days.

Also found myself spending wayyyy too much money at Moddiy for custom cable supplies and some new crimp tools . . . .

But in about 3 weeks or so, I'll have everything on hand to make up some nice custom red/white (with a hint of black) cables.

And last but not least, while doing the electronics work on the LEDs setup, I did a 5 Volt conversion on a 2 channel remote control unit, so I can use a little 2 button key fob to power up, and change the led patterns on the Enermax rad fans.

Converting it to 5V lets me have it stay powered on from the 5V standby power from the PSU instead of having to have a small auxiliary supply just for the RC.

Darlene

Mobo and rad brackets:

post #1018 of 3192 Old 06-05-2016, 06:44 PM
Commodore 64

Liked: 1
Argh - I just purchased and installed eight of these 120mm Riing fans but now all of sudden Thermaltake just announced these last week - Riing 12 LED RGB Radiator Fan TT Premium Edition.

Having to use the proprietary fan controllers with the non-Premium versions was a big negative for me because you couldn't control them from the PC. But they looked great and seemed to be designed for radiators (I went with a 60mm thick radiator. The new ones seem to have a new daisy chain-able USB interface that allows full control from the PC including color and fan speed. Killer feature so worst case I will have to eat it and replace even if I have to re-buy everything.

Does anyone have any more info on these new fans? I would like to just buy the controllers instead of having to start over from scratch in terms of both time and $. The new fans seem to have more fins and are even "better" for radiators.

Below are a few pics of my in-progress rig. Just temporally plumbed things up without the video card so I could leak test my new hard line PETG tube bending skills. I am waiting for the EVGA GTX 1080 Hydro Copper. Why would anyone replace the fan on the FTW or Classified with a yet unknown 3rd part block when the Hydro looks like it will have the same dual 8-pin power connectors? Just for a different look?

Speaking of water this is the first time I am using this type of a reservoir. Is it "normal" to have the air in the top of the reservoir (can't seem to bleed it out)? At first it bothered me but now I think it looks soet of cool to see the water agitation. Still just testing using only distilled water for now. Any recommendation on a good / safe fluid or red dye to go with plain old distilled water? I have the pump out into the bottom of the radiator, out through the top, over to the MB, into the CPU, and then when I get it out to the video card and then back to the top of the reservoir.

Lastly I modified my older AX1200 power supply by pulling out the stock fan and replacing it with a new one with LEDs. Speaking of the AX1200 I was frustrated that no one is selling a complete set of custom cables for the non "i" model of this PSU. In my picture I show a set of crapy extension from Amazon but I ordered "proper" custom made extensions from this guy. Now I just need to figure out which memory to go with. Noticed a few new sets of DDR4 announced also last week at Computex. Looking for something with red LEDs.

post #1019 of 3192 Old 06-06-2016, 04:10 AM

Liked: 32
still no response from Thermaltake Mike. I've sent pm on forum and email, nothing. start to be a bit annoying frown.gif
post #1020 of 3192 Old 06-06-2016, 04:17 AM
PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzammil84 View Post

still no response from Thermaltake Mike. I've sent pm on forum and email, nothing. start to be a bit annoying frown.gif

I went through the relevant support department to sort out my RMA. You could do that too and start a ticket as it is a warranty issue and kind of well reported at this point.
They should be able to sort you out petty quick dude.

I still don't understand the riser cable, for me it worked for one mobo and then failed to work at all for a replacement. I guess I got an older one frown.gif

I just noticed that you are from the UK. Then you need to go to Germany support email support@thermaltake.de

This is what they sent me. funny no RMA ref no ?

Dear Sir

we need your defective riser cable back for test and replacement.

Please also add info about MB,VGA,OS and serial number case.

Thermaltake Germany GmbH
RMA-CSD/EU
Oststr.26
22844 Norderstedt
-Germany-
Please note: you are responsible for the cost to ship your defective product back to us, while Thermaltake will take care of shipping the repaired part back to you via DHL.

Ersatzteilversand : 10-14 Tage
Spare parts delivery : 10-14 days.

Wichtig: Bitte belassen Sie diese Email mit dem Kommunikationsverlauf.

Notice: In case of further reply, please attach any previous mail.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page