The Official Cooler Master HAF X/932/922/912(+) Club - Page 1516 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #15151 of 23573 Old 07-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Hardline upgrade!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnography6;14243994 
How do you take the acrylic out of the side panel been trying
for ages and im so paranoid of snapping the clips.

Look at the inside of the door. You'll notice that the rivets are split. Take a flat blade screwdriver and put it into the split. Don't push too hard because the rivets are actually 2 piece. An insert and a collar. The collar itself goes through the plexi and the metal. The insert actually applies pressure to the interior of the collar locking it into place.

This setup gave me a huge appreciation for the simplicity of the rivets. When I replaced my window I thought I was going to have to break them out and replace them with socket head cap screws which to me are the business. I even bought some to do so. But I didn't have to replace even one of the rivets. biggrin.gif

~Ceadder:drink:

10 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge 3 x Participant  Foldathon Folder - 2013 Participant  Foldathon Participant 2015  Foldathon Participant 2016 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15152 of 23573 Old 07-17-2011, 02:29 PM
4.2 ghz

Liked: 71
Kind of the same way that a wall anchor works with a screw.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk!
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodac go_quote.gif
zodac fixed the spreadsheet, but says she doesn't wanna join your unofficial club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdog go_quote.gif
Watch out DickHard I'm coming for you..gunner2.gif

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  25 Million+ Folding at Home points  15 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #15153 of 23573 Old 07-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Hardline upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnur;14246101 
Hum, I though of that, but that's an extra 20-50$ depending on the holder I'm choosing. I really wanted to butcher the case p a little bit though; sounds exciting biggrin.gif

Most Rads run approximately a 6-32 thread pitch. MoBo standoffs are comparable to that thread. I'm sure you have a few standoffs laying around someplace. Take 2 or 3 standoffs stack them and thread them into the Radiator. Then to mount it to the case you use a standard Motherboard screw. You might have to add a washer between the radiator and the standoffs to keep them from busting the vanes, but you can do it for free. No need to spend money on something that you already have laying around in your kit. wink.gif

You could also take a small bit of pipe and cut it to length to use as a sleeve and paint it to keep it looking nice. biggrin.gif

Radiators on the back don't have to look bad. With a bit of imagination they can look rather spiffy. smile.gif

10 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge 3 x Participant  Foldathon Folder - 2013 Participant  Foldathon Participant 2015  Foldathon Participant 2016 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15154 of 23573 Old 07-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Folding Fanatic

Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman;14249099 
Most Rads run approximately a 6-32 thread pitch. MoBo standoffs are comparable to that thread. I'm sure you have a few standoffs laying around someplace. Take 2 or 3 standoffs stack them and thread them into the Radiator. Then to mount it to the case you use a standard Motherboard screw. You might have to add a washer between the radiator and the standoffs to keep them from busting the vanes, but you can do it for free. No need to spend money on something that you already have laying around in your kit. wink.gif

You could also take a small bit of pipe and cut it to length to use as a sleeve and paint it to keep it looking nice. biggrin.gif

Radiators on the back don't have to look bad. With a bit of imagination they can look rather spiffy. smile.gif

I am not sure I understand at 100% what you mean there ninja.gif

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  3 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #15155 of 23573 Old 07-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Hardline upgrade!

= < is a motherboard standoff

Radiator ===(standoffs) Motherboard Screw. x4 and you've spent nothing on mounting a Radiator to the back of your case exterior. Radiators are threaded in M3 and M4 standards. Both of which will accept a 6-32 threadpitch. Which is what Motherboard screws are threaded for. wink.gif

post #15156 of 23573 Old 07-17-2011, 03:58 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 79
need moarrr pics here people.rolleyes.gif

whats the point in 2 optical drives?
1XKyd.jpg

heart.gifASUS P5Q-Ewubsmiley.gif
Light Prevails

YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.
post #15157 of 23573 Old 07-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Folding Fanatic

Liked: 83
Ohhhh!!! I understand!!!!

I have some 6-32 screws coming in from the US of A because I can't find philips headed here...

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  3 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #15158 of 23573 Old 07-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Hardline upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnur View Post
Ohhhh!!! I understand!!!!

I have some 6-32 screws coming in from the US of A because I can't find philips headed here...
but you had them all along.

@maxextz... One is a BluRay player Mate. Also just in case you don't know this, having 2 Optical drives makes it easier to back up your media by copying from one drive to the other. I had two drives for that very reason. Once I get some more money I'll be purchasing another one.

~Ceadder

post #15159 of 23573 Old 07-17-2011, 06:27 PM
4.2 ghz

Liked: 71
I plan on having a second drive but since I don't use my optical drive but maybe once every few months or so, I will probably get the second drive as an external Bluray drive so i can use it between all of my computers. But I can see having 2 drives. As the bluray drives are much more expensive than a DVD drive, there is no use in wearing out the bluray drive with dvd's. So basically just use the bluray drive for blurays and the dvd drive for dvd's. It makes sence to me and if I wasn't using all of my 5.25" drive bays for fans and controllers and stuff then I might do the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodac go_quote.gif
zodac fixed the spreadsheet, but says she doesn't wanna join your unofficial club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdog go_quote.gif
Watch out DickHard I'm coming for you..gunner2.gif

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  25 Million+ Folding at Home points  15 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #15160 of 23573 Old 07-17-2011, 06:39 PM
HWI
Bullet Proof Tiger

Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxextz View Post
need moarrr pics here people.

whats the point in 2 optical drives?
I had the extra sata port on my mobo and already had the drive, so why not?

Edit: Is this thread being updated? I've posted my pics twice over the last couple weeks and still haven't been added.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page