The Official Cooler Master HAF X/932/922/912(+) Club - Page 1544 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #15431 of 23573 Old 07-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Overclocker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Hello everyone! Long Track this topic, and i want to join you, and present my own computer. This is my HAF 932:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15432 of 23573 Old 07-29-2011, 12:34 PM

Liked: 1554
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC Butterz;14392888 
That will work, Although I striped, sanded, primered, painted, and clear coated, but my paint looks and feels prefect, like it was factory painted, I dont know if you want to go through all that work, but thats the best way I found to do it

I would prefer for it to look factory painted.
post #15433 of 23573 Old 07-29-2011, 12:40 PM
Audiophile

Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC Butterz;14392888 
I striped, sanded, primered, painted, and clear coated, but my paint looks and feels prefect, like it was factory painted, I dont know if you want to go through all that work, but thats the best way I found to do it

What did you use for a stripping agent? It was my understanding that powdering coating doesn't like to come off for anything short of old fashioned abrasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neSSa;14393568 
Hello everyone! Long Track this topic, and i want to join you, and present my own computer. This is my HAF 932:

Nice - went for the top mount PSU I see. Was there a reason? Seems like everyone these days puts them on the bottom.
Also who made you GPUs? I don't think I've ever seen stock cooling with heat pipes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15434 of 23573 Old 07-29-2011, 12:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by neSSa;14393568 
Welcome!
I happened to notice you have the psu in the top as I do. As well, two 480's.
That gives you lots of room and airflow for the 480's, and the two fans you have on the bottom of the case help their cooling a lot.

Edit:
@ZombieEinstein (love that name:p)
I can't speak for neSSa, but I had to top-mount my psu because I've got triple-slot Zalman coolers on my 480's.
He has his 480's spaced out far apart so the bottom card would have also clashed with a bottom-mount psu.
His cards are stock 480's, the stock Nvidia coolers come that way with the heatpipes showing.
post #15435 of 23573 Old 07-29-2011, 12:52 PM
OCN Bionic Team!

Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEinstein;14393650 
What did you use for a stripping agent? It was my understanding that powdering coating doesn't like to come off for anything short of old fashioned abrasion.

P1010004-3.jpg
that's the stuff I used, but be careful, It will melt plastic almost immediately and give you serious chemical burns if your not careful

On a side note, I'm getting a 932 in a few weeks, after my wallet recoups from hot august nights, but im going to mod it into a rad box for my haf X
post #15436 of 23573 Old 07-29-2011, 12:55 PM
Overclocker

Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEinstein;14393650 

Nice - went for the top mount PSU I see. Was there a reason? Seems like everyone these days puts them on the bottom.
Also who made you GPUs? I don't think I've ever seen stock cooling with heat pipes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerComissar;14393678 
Welcome!
That gives you lots of room and airflow for the 480's, and the two fans you have on the bottom of the case help their cooling a lot.

As you know HAF 932 PSU has the option of assembling and up and down in the cases. I had to separate the GPU due to high temperatures during the summer. However HAF 932 has only 7 slots and one PCIe GPU is the last to hit the PSU. This is the reason. GPU is the reference edition Asus GTX 480 from EVGA backplate. I plan to buy another and activate 3xSLI.
post #15437 of 23573 Old 07-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerComissar;14393678 
Welcome!

Edit:
@ZombieEinstein (love that name:p)
I can't speak for neSSa, but I had to top-mount my psu because I've got triple-slot Zalman coolers on my 480's.
He has his 480's spaced out far apart so the bottom card would have also clashed with a bottom-mount psu.
His cards are stock 480's, the stock Nvidia coolers come that way with the heatpipes showing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neSSa;14393799 
As you know HAF 932 PSU has the option of assembling and up and down in the cases. I had to separate the GPU due to high temperatures during the summer. However HAF 932 has only 7 slots and one PCIe GPU is the last to hit the PSU. This is the reason. GPU is the reference edition Asus GTX 480 from EVGA backplate. I plan to buy another and activate 3xSLI.

Yeah - that's pretty much been the only reason I haven't done SLI yet; PSU issues. It's either in the way or not powerful. Now that I'm in my HAF X, the first issue is now a non-issue - but it's only a 750w, so I'll need to upgrade that if I want to do SLI.
As soon as Specs and Prices on Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge-E are out, I'm going to start pricing out a major overhaul. I think the only things I'll be keeping will be the case and DVD drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THC Butterz;14393768 
P1010004-3.jpg
that's the stuff I used, but be careful, It will melt plastic almost immediately and give you serious chemical burns if your not careful
That's good to know I've always just assumed that powder coating, since it isn't applied chemically, was impervious to everything (that wouldn't also damage/melt/explode the panel) short of abrasion.

I've played with worse though. Much, much worse. Boiling ammonia to make a Ferro-fluid, 5 Mol hydrochloric Acid for various reasons - both of these for the funzies. I take stupid to the next level sometimes. Industrial paint stripper would be one of my lesser undertakings - somewhere between boiling ammonia and working with epoxy resin.
post #15438 of 23573 Old 07-29-2011, 01:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by neSSa;14393799 
Right. I found that having 4x120mm fans in the door panel helps reduce the gpu temps. as well, compared to the stock 230mm fan.
A third 480? Enjoy, if you really want to, but that will create a lot of heat!
A friend of mine has three 480's in a CM Cosmos case, at this time of year he is really struggling with the heat coming from them.
But what the heck, you only live once:p
post #15439 of 23573 Old 07-29-2011, 01:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEinstein;14393995 
Yeah - that's pretty much been the only reason I haven't done SLI yet; PSU issues. It's either in the way or not powerful. Now that I'm in my HAF X, the first issue is now a non-issue - but it's only a 750w, so I'll need to upgrade that if I want to do SLI.
As soon as Specs and Prices on Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge-E are out, I'm going to start pricing out a major overhaul. I think the only things I'll be keeping will be the case and DVD drive.
Nice thing about the HAF X is that it has nine pci-e slots, compared to the 932's seven.
With stock two-slot coolers, most cards could be run in sli fine in your Haf X.
The ones with triple-slot coolers may not though.
The psu upgrade would depend on which cards you wanted to run in sli, but certainly to be on the safe side I can see going above 750w. if you were to go with the high-end gpu's like the 580.
I haven't had to yet, but it's on the never-ending list.
post #15440 of 23573 Old 07-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerComissar;14394222 
Nice thing about the HAF X is that it has nine pci-e slots, compared to the 932's seven.
With stock two-slot coolers, most cards could be run in sli fine in your Haf X.
The ones with triple-slot coolers may not though.
The psu upgrade would depend on which cards you wanted to run in sli, but certainly to be on the safe side I can see going above 750w. if you were to go with the high-end gpu's like the 580.
I haven't had to yet, but it's on the never-ending list.

One of the many reason I invested in this case. I had an ULTRA Products Aluminus case (still have it, if anyone is interested - scrap aluminum anyone?) and it just wasn't cutting it - and I felt like I was limited in all of my upgrade options. I could barely fit my 260 in there, and I could fly a plane between my 260 and hard drive cage in my HAF X. I couldn't even use a bigger CPU cooler, the hard drives were falling out of the cage. It was just a horror show. I'll have this case for at least my next two builds - and the only reason I would upgrade would be because a major form factor change in modern hardware standards.

Yeah - I could technically get away with doing a 2-way SLI of my GTX 260 Core 216 on my 750w right now. But I wouldn't sleep well at night.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page