The Official Cooler Master HAF X/932/922/912(+) Club - Page 1710 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #17091 of 23573 Old 12-29-2011, 11:41 PM
 
Pittster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ./Cy4n1d3\. View Post


Multi card setups have a lot of trouble because the support isn't always top notch.

I really like his build. I also like how he put it together himself.

Anyways, I was looking to add some fans with LEDs to my case. Trouble is, I am having trouble with what I should buy for the front. It comes with 2 120mm fans, but it can be swapped for a single 200mm fan.
I have no idea which fans are good and which look good. Any advice?

Yes and No most games within the last 2-3 years work good with SLI but there are downfalls (Heat, Power, Driver issues)

His build is great but just saying not much use for the exrta grunt he has available.

People don't put there own computers together ? And they come onto this forum? Say it isn't so.

I hate to say it but building a PC nowdays from raw parts is the easiest it's been in history.

The stock red coolermaster 200mm fan looks good in the 912 case (mine came with it) also cause i drive my fans off a motherboard header when they slow down the LED's dim then when they speed up they go to full brightness Groovy smile.gif.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_601&products_id=11310

Pittster is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17092 of 23573 Old 12-30-2011, 12:24 AM
 
slighten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
hi i would like to join your club as i just recently purchased a haf 922 for my new gaming rig still in the process

450
slighten is offline  
post #17093 of 23573 Old 12-30-2011, 12:25 AM
 
slighten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
hi i would like to join your club as i just recently purchased a haf 922 for my new gaming rig still in the process

450
slighten is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17094 of 23573 Old 12-30-2011, 01:26 AM
Overclocker in Training
 
./Cy4n1d3\.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,634
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittster View Post

Yes and No most games within the last 2-3 years work good with SLI but there are downfalls (Heat, Power, Driver issues)
His build is great but just saying not much use for the exrta grunt he has available.
People don't put there own computers together ? And they come onto this forum? Say it isn't so.
I hate to say it but building a PC nowdays from raw parts is the easiest it's been in history.
The stock red coolermaster 200mm fan looks good in the 912 case (mine came with it) also cause i drive my fans off a motherboard header when they slow down the LED's dim then when they speed up they go to full brightness Groovy smile.gif.
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_601&products_id=11310

Mine is the HAF 912 without any LED fans standard. I got the 200mm Megaflow blue LED fan for the top and front, and 2 120 mm Sickleflow blue LED fans for the door and rear. I will also get a LED light bar at some point.

Good idea? Bad Idea/ bad parts?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233&Tpk=haf%20912

2 Million+ Folding at Home points 

./Cy4n1d3\. is offline  
post #17095 of 23573 Old 12-30-2011, 02:09 AM
 
Pittster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeganzero View Post

Would it be too much trouble to ask you to take a picture of it now with the fan filter on? biggrin.gif

Here you go Keeganzero and to anyone else that's interested in putting a filter on the side of a 912

So the case never had a filter for the side fan, I ordered a Ebay special, Aluminium frame 140mm filter for like $5.

The holes are for 140mm fans but the Noctua NF-P14 FLX holes are 120mm so i drilled clearance holes in the mesh, and it all worked sweet.

Filter stops dust and quietened the air noise getting sucked through the standard perspex bars with minimal air flow loss.

DSC03981.jpg

DSC03982.jpg



DSC03984.jpg
Pittster is offline  
post #17096 of 23573 Old 12-30-2011, 03:59 AM
WaterCooler
 
Matt-Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
Posts: 5,765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittster View Post

Here you go Keeganzero and to anyone else that's interested in putting a filter on the side of a 912
So the case never had a filter for the side fan, I ordered a Ebay special, Aluminium frame 140mm filter for like $5.
The holes are for 140mm fans but the Noctua NF-P14 FLX holes are 120mm so i drilled clearance holes in the mesh, and it all worked sweet.
Filter stops dust and quietened the air noise getting sucked through the standard perspex bars with minimal air flow loss.
DSC03981.jpg
DSC03982.jpg
DSC03984.jpg

Nice idea! How did you mount the 120mm fan on the side of your cards?
Matt-Matt is offline  
post #17097 of 23573 Old 12-30-2011, 04:21 AM
Hardline upgrade!
 
Ceadderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: West of the Pecos.
Posts: 18,782
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 695
@Pittster... mellowsmiley.gif

Why didn't you just mount the filter to the outside of the case and use screws and wing nuts or some other form to mount them would have preserved the integrity of the filter while allowing it to be easily removed for cleanings. blinksmiley.gif

~Ceadder smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif

10 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge 3 x Participant  Foldathon Folder - 2013 Participant  Foldathon Participant 2015  Foldathon Participant 2016 

Ceadderman is online now  
post #17098 of 23573 Old 12-30-2011, 05:10 AM
 
Pittster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-Matt View Post

Nice idea! How did you mount the 120mm fan on the side of your cards?

So here is the rest of that story

I also had a spare 120mm cooler master fan from the rear of the case, so i decided to Velcro it to the side of my GPU's this bring temps down 5deg on the top card and 1 deg on the bottom.

I also have this fan running off a fan header via another Gelid Y-Splitter.

Basically i have 3x 3M Command picture frame holder Velcro things holding it onto the GPU's works awesome

DSC03983.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post

@Pittster... mellowsmiley.gif
Why didn't you just mount the filter to the outside of the case and use screws and wing nuts or some other form to mount them would have preserved the integrity of the filter while allowing it to be easily removed for cleanings. blinksmiley.gif
~Ceadder smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif

Basically using a bolt & nut style set-up had no advantage as I would still half to remove the side panel to clean the filter, yes the fan would not need to be removed but it takes me about 20sec to get the filter out. There is no integrity lost for filtration as the edge of the fan provides adequate pressure and creates a seal.




Pittster is offline  
post #17099 of 23573 Old 12-30-2011, 07:08 AM
WaterCooler
 
Matt-Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
Posts: 5,765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittster View Post

So here is the rest of that story
I also had a spare 120mm cooler master fan from the rear of the case, so i decided to Velcro it to the side of my GPU's this bring temps down 5deg on the top card and 1 deg on the bottom.
I also have this fan running off a fan header via another Gelid Y-Splitter.
Basically i have 3x 3M Command picture frame holder Velcro things holding it onto the GPU's works awesome
DSC03983.jpg
Basically using a bolt & nut style set-up had no advantage as I would still half to remove the side panel to clean the filter, yes the fan would not need to be removed but it takes me about 20sec to get the filter out. There is no integrity lost for filtration as the edge of the fan provides adequate pressure and creates a seal.

This. It also looks alot cleaner rather then having the filter on the outside! wink.gif
Matt-Matt is offline  
post #17100 of 23573 Old 12-30-2011, 07:30 AM
PC Gamer
 
Jesse^_^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,974
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Jesse^_^ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off