[Official] Cooler Master ATCS 840 Owners Club - Page 68 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #671 of 4407 Old 11-25-2009, 10:43 PM
Overclocker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 158
As an ATCS owner...I couldn't justify the extra $100 for the Corsair Obsidian. If it was cheaper...I would have gotten it (maybe). I went straight for the ATCS because I thought it could only hold four hard drives when it's in fact seven (I think) lol But it's cool since I still wouldn't get it for it's price. But god...the cable management holes...hot-swappable drives...black interior...all very nice features the Obsidian has out of the box.

It really comes down to looks when see what both cases have to offer. As for the P80...I'd only get that if you plan on having three or more video cards in my opinion. Just like Chimp says...it's lacking in features compared to the Obsidian and ATCS. Just a heads up...I don't think the ATCS air cooling is as good as the HAF but that's out of the picture since you're thinking of going water

wave2.gif The OCN Anime/Manga Club wave2.gif

cheers.gif English Subs drunken.gifgunner2.gif English Dubs sniper.gif
wink.gif Hentai is just anime... wink.gifbiggrin.gif ...with adult content. biggrin.gifsmile.gif Nothing more. Nothing Less. smile.gifmad.gif Screw the hate. mad.gif

Chimp Challenge Participant 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #672 of 4407 Old 11-25-2009, 11:07 PM
333mhz

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvp309rcp View Post
As an ATCS owner...I couldn't justify the extra $100 for the Corsair Obsidian. If it was cheaper...I would have gotten it (maybe). I went straight for the ATCS because I thought it could only hold four hard drives when it's in fact seven (I think) lol But it's cool since I still wouldn't get it for it's price. But god...the cable management holes...hot-swappable drives...black interior...all very nice features the Obsidian has out of the box.

It really comes down to looks when see what both cases have to offer. As for the P80...I'd only get that if you plan on having three or more video cards in my opinion. Just like Chimp says...it's lacking in features compared to the Obsidian and ATCS. Just a heads up...I don't think the ATCS air cooling is as good as the HAF but that's out of the picture since you're thinking of going water
thanks for the speedy reply bud, all of them look so nice. My HAF is out of the picture, i just hate it lol.
post #673 of 4407 Old 11-26-2009, 12:42 AM
Overclocker

If you still haven't decided...here are some video reviews from youtube that I thought were okay in describing each case...not much to say if you saw them already...

Cooler Master ATCS 840

Corsair Obsidian 800D

Both are great slick cases as well as above average air cooling when adding the additional fans. You could already tell how both have great features in their own way. Only problem I have with the ATCS are just aesthetics (no full black interior, etc.). As for the Obsidian, I feel that even with dedicated airflow for certain areas...it looks as if there won't be enough cooling for the GPUs and CPU since it relies solely on the bottom intake (this wouldn't matter in your case). Both have great potential for water cooling, ATCS has the additional GPU exhaust fan vs Obsidian extra expansion slot for GPU exhaust, ATCS supports eSATA on the front panel vs Obsidian having hot-swappable drives in the front, ATCS already has 2x 230mm top exhaust fans vs Obsidian having room for 3x 120mm top exhaust fans (giving you the option to mount water cooling radiator out of the box). Don't have much else to say except good luck on your decision

wink.gif Hentai is just anime... wink.gifbiggrin.gif ...with adult content. biggrin.gifsmile.gif Nothing more. Nothing Less. smile.gifmad.gif Screw the hate. mad.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #674 of 4407 Old 11-30-2009, 12:00 PM
3.5ghz

Liked: 38
Can you remove 3.5" bays(I have hdd silencer for my hdd's(5.25") so i dont need them) from case in ATCS(so that air from the front 230mm fans goes directly to case(mbo and cpu))?

Another question, in Corsair 800D can you remove thos bays for hot-swap drives, so that I can put insdead of that 120/140mm fan for intake?

Q6600@4.05GHzproof.gif
Win7 7.0 WEIproof.gif
Android Owners Club

Full HD addictsmile.gif

post #675 of 4407 Old 12-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Commodore 64

I got the Cooler Master ATCS 840 RC last week HUGE
Was alot of ****ing money but I bit because of the reviews and I learned my lesson on my 1st build when I went with a cheap case. Help me out here

My Upcoming Build
Case:Cooler Master ATCS 840 Rc
Heatsink: ProlimaTech Megahalems Rev. B ([COLOR="Red"]
Processor: Intel Core i7 920
Motherboard: Asus P6X58D Premium
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131614
Memory: Corsair XMS3 12GB (6 x 2GB) DDR3 1600
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145235
Power Supply: Seasonic X750 Gold 750 Watts 80 Plus Gold
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817151087
SSD Drive (Boot Drive):??? The affordable drives arent cutting it in write performance
HDD:2 Samsung Spinpoint F3's 1TB in Raid 0
Undecided on GPU, Soundcard,DVD Burner, Fans etc.

I will be completing the build by Feb/March of 2010
This will be a workstation for Graphics/Video Editing
I am having some issues with the build and would hate to return some stuff
I already purchased the Case, Heatsink, Power Supply based on reviews and customer reviews.
Right now I think I probably might run into 2 issues

1) Heatsink hitting the Memory sticks. There are some reviews stating that if the ram is tall enough it would not be able to fit in the first slot near the CPU and the 2nd slot may bend. The ram I will be ordering doesnt have tall heatspreaders but I dont know. Whaddya guys think??

2.) Will my power supply give me enough room for 4 HDD's, 6 Sticks, 4-5 fans, 2 Drives, 1x 5870, etc?
post #676 of 4407 Old 12-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Overclocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by benko View Post
Can you remove 3.5" bays(I have hdd silencer for my hdd's(5.25") so i dont need them) from case in ATCS(so that air from the front 230mm fans goes directly to case(mbo and cpu))?

Another question, in Corsair 800D can you remove thos bays for hot-swap drives, so that I can put insdead of that 120/140mm fan for intake?
I tried to check but couldn't make out much because I'm using five of the six bays in the hard drive cage. However, I noticed there are some screws that have to be removed which would enable you to remove the hard drive cage. But you should make sure with others who have painted/modded their ATCS 840 case since I have also noticed some attachments that aren't screws which you may actually have to dremel/cut. If not then you may need a special screw driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemzRR View Post
I got the Cooler Master ATCS 840 RC last week HUGE
Was alot of ****ing money but I bit because of the reviews and I learned my lesson on my 1st build when I went with a cheap case. Help me out here

My Upcoming Build
Case:Cooler Master ATCS 840 Rc
Heatsink: ProlimaTech Megahalems Rev. B ([COLOR="Red"]
Processor: Intel Core i7 920
Motherboard: Asus P6X58D Premium
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131614
Memory: Corsair XMS3 12GB (6 x 2GB) DDR3 1600
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145235
Power Supply: Seasonic X750 Gold 750 Watts 80 Plus Gold
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817151087
SSD Drive (Boot Drive):??? The affordable drives arent cutting it in write performance
HDD:2 Samsung Spinpoint F3's 1TB in Raid 0
Undecided on GPU, Soundcard,DVD Burner, Fans etc.

I will be completing the build by Feb/March of 2010
This will be a workstation for Graphics/Video Editing
I am having some issues with the build and would hate to return some stuff
I already purchased the Case, Heatsink, Power Supply based on reviews and customer reviews.
Right now I think I probably might run into 2 issues

1) Heatsink hitting the Memory sticks. There are some reviews stating that if the ram is tall enough it would not be able to fit in the first slot near the CPU and the 2nd slot may bend. The ram I will be ordering doesnt have tall heatspreaders but I dont know. Whaddya guys think??

2.) Will my power supply give me enough room for 4 HDD's, 6 Sticks, 4-5 fans, 2 Drives, 1x 5870, etc?
You shouldn't have trouble with the megahalem blocking off your memory slots as long as you're using low profile memory heat spreaders (which you are) and a 25mm fan as opposed to 38mm.

You PSU should be plenty to power your equipment. However, adding a second 5870 might be cutting it close but those are very good PSUs...unlike my old Thermaltake Toughpower 750W

post #677 of 4407 Old 12-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Commodore 64

What is the best 25mm Fan too use with the ProlimaTech Megahalem..?
post #678 of 4407 Old 12-01-2009, 06:37 PM

Liked: 2154
Quote:
What is the best 25mm Fan too use with the ProlimaTech Megahalem..?
Delta AFB's

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  Overclock.net - 2010 Foldathon Participant 

post #679 of 4407 Old 12-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Commodore 64

Thanks appreciate it
how loud are these 46dba..?
post #680 of 4407 Old 12-01-2009, 06:56 PM

Liked: 2154
Quote:
Thanks appreciate it
how loud are these 46dba..?
Yes, but quite a few boards will support them on their PWM circut, so they will not run that loud unless your CPU is getting really hot.

On my motherboard they stay around ~20-25 dB (compared to my 23dB fans they are usually a bit quieter or louder)

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  Overclock.net - 2010 Foldathon Participant 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page