[Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club - Page 561 - Overclock.net

View Poll Results: What is your Overall Opinion on this case
Great 929 49.87%
Good 573 30.76%
Meh 226 12.13%
Bad 27 1.45%
SUX 108 5.80%
Voters: 1863. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #5601 of 28613 Old 02-18-2010, 01:49 AM
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefecTalisman View Post
Just noticing now, does the case side fit on ? All the pics it shows its off by about 10mm on the bottom ?
my dumbass cut the hole for the radiator before i realized you lock and slide the panels. i was used to my old armor which pops right on

this case mod is just practice for my armor though so im learning from my first case mod

i might dremel off those little metal spacer things and epoxy the panel on with low grade 5 minute epoxy. would fix it and i could keep it shut easy when i have it configured how i like.

also i have a crack in my plexi. i need some polycarbonate solvent. notice also the res is crooked form too much stress from the tubing. it is way too stiff.

i learn from these things

my armor will be 5 times a better mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5602 of 28613 Old 02-18-2010, 02:44 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 78
Quote:
Sorry for the double post, but would anyone have any inventive ideas for quick removable dust covers for side system fans on the cm scout ?
magic

devil.gifWe Are The Red Tidedevil.gif

Remember if someone gave you a hand give them rep
post #5603 of 28613 Old 02-18-2010, 02:47 AM
1.7ghz

Liked: 34
Quote:
Sorry for the double post, but would anyone have any inventive ideas for quick removable dust covers for side system fans on the cm scout ?
Mount these to the fans on the inside of the case..

EDIT---Here is a picture of the inside window of my case....

Edit again... BTW, to use the filters I used you will need to modify one of the mounting plates so you can get the covers on. other wise they are to close together. Just slot the mounting holes a little on one of the mounting plates... (I took mine to work and used a Bridgeport mill, but you can get the same effect with a dremel)

**Official ASUS P5Q PRO Turbo/PRO/Turbo Owners Club**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5604 of 28613 Old 02-18-2010, 02:53 AM
WaterCooler

Liked: 105
Quote:

I am wondering if anyone could advise me if the Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultima XT would fit in/on this case? I am thinking all I need to do is drill 2 holes at the top of the rear panel. Just above the 120mm exhaust fan.
That is a nice kit, bit if you plan on drilling holes you should also get 2 of these and some angled fittigns other wise the tube will probably get damaged against the side of the hole, and it will probably look alot cleaner.

Also, use colored tubing instead of colored coolant, it have had (atelast in the past) a tendency too clog up blocks and etc

That kit will probably cool your cpu past 4GHz or the mobo aswell, but that's pretty much it, I whouldn't recommend putting a GPU on there aswell later on cause they put a hefty heatdump on the loop

Quote:
You know those tight "stockings" the ladies use? just cut a pice of those. Think they're called Leggings or Pantyhoses

sad-smiley-002.gifsad-smiley-002.gif
camera.gif|Nikon D700|24-70 mm f/2.8||Vanguard Alta 203AP Tripodcamera.gif
post #5605 of 28613 Old 02-18-2010, 02:55 AM
Fan Man

Liked: 74
Quote:
Well since the side panel comes off so easy, i used non removeable filters with rubber fan screws to minimize vibration. When all is said and done, it does prevent alot of dust but nothing stops it completely. Im cleaning the dust filters every week with a quick spay of canned air and cleaning the case monthly because i have so many fans lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyL View Post
my dumbass cut the hole for the radiator before i realized you lock and slide the panels. i was used to my old armor which pops right on

this case mod is just practice for my armor though so im learning from my first case mod

i might dremel off those little metal spacer things and epoxy the panel on with low grade 5 minute epoxy. would fix it and i could keep it shut easy when i have it configured how i like.

also i have a crack in my plexi. i need some polycarbonate solvent. notice also the res is crooked form too much stress from the tubing. it is way too stiff.

i learn from these things

my armor will be 5 times a better mod
Epoxy would be messy and permanent. Maybe drill a few holes in the lip where the side panel tabs go onto the case and use some self tapping screws though the side panel.? At least you can still remove the sidepanel if need be. I'm sure you could think of something not so permanent without trashing the case. Have you thought about putting the original IO panel in the top window? Is your loop just for the cpu? If so, i would get a smaller res, shorten those cables at least in half and do another top window. Mounting the pump in the 5.25 drive bay as well. Using uchannel around the hole you cut in the top panel would clean it up as well as mounting the window inside the case rather than outside. Heck thats an interesting problem, oh the mind wanders..

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  2 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #5606 of 28613 Old 02-18-2010, 04:38 AM
333mhz

Liked: 12
Quote:
If you take a look here http://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/...:::26_154.html look at these DEMCiflex Round Dust Filter. They are magnetic. Perhaps they can stick to default fan screws?
post #5607 of 28613 Old 02-18-2010, 05:25 AM
Fan Man

Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyFox View Post
If you take a look here http://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/...:::26_154.html look at these DEMCiflex Round Dust Filter. They are magnetic. Perhaps they can stick to default fan screws?
They actually have a magnetic back piece so you can use them with windows. I was going to buy the square ones but ya those will work fine.

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  2 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #5608 of 28613 Old 02-18-2010, 06:48 AM
1.3ghz

Liked: 8
loving the look of the case...but will the Prolimatech Megahalem fit in here or the Black Knight??

BF BC2 Soldier: greggtr316 (Add me)
BF3: gregghostBone (Add me)
Steam: gregghostBone (Add me)
i5-750@4.01ghz 1.296v proof.gif
post #5609 of 28613 Old 02-18-2010, 09:25 AM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma8750 View Post
I like this promo the best.

Nice AD. CAPT. Morgan is that stuff...
post #5610 of 28613 Old 02-18-2010, 10:14 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by imh073p View Post
Well since the side panel comes off so easy, i used non removeable filters with rubber fan screws to minimize vibration. When all is said and done, it does prevent alot of dust but nothing stops it completely. Im cleaning the dust filters every week with a quick spay of canned air and cleaning the case monthly because i have so many fans lol.

Epoxy would be messy and permanent. Maybe drill a few holes in the lip where the side panel tabs go onto the case and use some self tapping screws though the side panel.? At least you can still remove the sidepanel if need be. I'm sure you could think of something not so permanent without trashing the case. Have you thought about putting the original IO panel in the top window? Is your loop just for the cpu? If so, i would get a smaller res, shorten those cables at least in half and do another top window. Mounting the pump in the 5.25 drive bay as well. Using uchannel around the hole you cut in the top panel would clean it up as well as mounting the window inside the case rather than outside. Heck thats an interesting problem, oh the mind wanders..
shortening the cables will be slightly problematic since the stress will ruin my window on the top. i wanted the res to act as a filport pretty badly >.>

all in all this was pretty much just practice for my armor for what i have in mind for it. i want to do a window like that on my armor with an inverse t-virus res in it. i can easily fit my rad anywhere in that monster case lol.

in anycase i plan on sand blasting my armor, cutting many holes, powder coating it if possible, it will be awesome

i like your self tapping screw idea. i might just remove all the metal guide things, the lip, and then screw some self tapping screws in the side, then the back screws in

as for the tubing problem, im going to get some nice elbows and softer tubign then try to make my loop again lol.

anyone know if home depot has polycarbonate solvent?

edit: oh yeah it is impossible to mount the indow from the inside.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page