post #14221 of 16295 Old 05-31-2016, 07:05 PM
Overclocker in Training

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinH View Post

Thank you! I used to have the connectors in the back, but thought it looked better in the front.
Nothing wrong with some blue cooling biggrin.gif
Its a D5 PWM. Where do you use those thumbscrews?

On the speed knob for the vario, drill a pilot hole then work your way up to 3mm, once done you can screw it in as the plastic is kinda soft.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14222 of 16295 Old 06-01-2016, 05:36 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 0
is a 280mm rad fits on fractal arc mini r2 on top? planning to buy h240x2 tomorrow. TIA

post #14223 of 16295 Old 06-01-2016, 08:17 AM
1.3ghz

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by tongerks View Post

is a 280mm rad fits on fractal arc mini r2 on top? planning to buy h240x2 tomorrow. TIA

Not sure about that one but it really depends on the radiator. Something about the mounting holes on the top of the mini makes it hit or miss. For instance my ek predator 240 won't fit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14224 of 16295 Old 06-02-2016, 04:34 AM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 10
Guess I can join the club now...
Just finished my first custom water cooling in a Fractal Design Node 804.

Cooling system:
EK water blocks, rads, res/pump
BitsPower fittings and tubing
Mayhems Pastel White Coolant

Hardware:
Asus Maximus VI Impact
Intel Core i7-4770K
16 GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer
Nvidia GTX 780 ti
2x Crucial M500 480 GB SSD RAID 0
Corsair AX860i PSU

I've made a few modifications since these images were taken, most notably I now have red/black cables instead of the white. Updated pictures are on the way.

♦░▒█▓▒░♦ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club] ♦░▒█▓▒░♦
Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium
post #14225 of 16295 Old 06-02-2016, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelHell View Post

Guess I can join the club now...
Just finished my first custom water cooling in a Fractal Design Node 804.

Cooling system:
EK water blocks, rads, res/pump
BitsPower fittings and tubing
Mayhems Pastel White Coolant

Hardware:
Asus Maximus VI Impact
Intel Core i7-4770K
16 GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer
Nvidia GTX 780 ti
2x Crucial M500 480 GB SSD RAID 0
Corsair AX860i PSU

I've made a few modifications since these images were taken, most notably I now have red/black cables instead of the white. Updated pictures are on the way. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Nice build, very clean!
post #14226 of 16295 Old 06-02-2016, 07:00 AM

Liked: 0
Hi guys, I need some advice about the kraken x41 into the R5. What's the best way to place the aio fan keeping the top closed? May I get a good airflow with the radiator at the back and its fan mounted internally without push pull?
post #14227 of 16295 Old 06-02-2016, 09:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 280
FD R4, fan filters refitted with #200 stainless steel mesh = 99micron aperture and 60.77% open area.
Now only to clean out all the dust that the stock filters let in, it's awful.

Bottom side where the mesh is melted into the original frames, clean top side, and installed.

I've also cut out the excessive grills in the front fan filter. Plus cut down that huge release notch on the front fans bay that was making the original filter always getting stuck and dragging over it, I don't know why dumb made that release notch so big it interfered with filter being taken in/out.
post #14228 of 16295 Old 06-02-2016, 11:59 AM

Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post

FD R4, fan filters refitted with #200 stainless steel mesh = 99micron aperture and 60.77% open area.
Now only to clean out all the dust that the stock filters let in, it's awful.

Bottom side where the mesh is melted into the original frames, clean top side, and installed.

I've also cut out the excessive grills in the front fan filter. Plus cut down that huge release notch on the front fans bay that was making the original filter always getting stuck and dragging over it, I don't know why dumb made that release notch so big it interfered with filter being taken in/out.

I wish there was a good resource for locating better filter materials. I ended up using speaker cloth for one of mine and it doesn't allow any flow at all. =(
post #14229 of 16295 Old 06-02-2016, 01:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 280
I use a mesh recommended to me here on OCN, links previous posts, from themeshcompany. It's a stainless steel mesh, they have open area 60-64% and you can get mesh size #100 to #200 in that maximum open area they offer. It sure does block pressure, but then so did the stock filters that were awful thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif
I went with the most filtering #200 option which is similar to Demciflex or better.

Demciflex is only soft frame magnetic and expensive, similar filters in size from Demci cost $35 without shipping.
I paid around $24 including shipping that was more expensive than the A3 mesh, plus I have enough left overs to make 2 extra dual 140mm fan filters and 2 extra dual 120mm fan filters since I got 2 A3 sheets for price of 1 of the same mesh and I only used about 35% of the total area I bought.

Clotch is not gonna cut it, or curtains, it doesn't have the open area %.

This #200 mesh is so fine the wire it's made from is like hair, so thin you can barely see it, which is good and bad, good for the filter but bad to clean up and see, plus it's conductive so one has to keep a track of where that crap flies. Good thing is it's very easy to cut, hell even easier than paper to me with a modeling knife.

Temperature on my soldering iron I've had set to about 210 Celsius. I didn't have to fill the whole area but once you have the edges there is really not much left so I melted the whole area so the filter is attached everywhere. The frames bent a little under the heat and pressure applied but it actually made them much easier to take in/out smile.gif

I've waited like a year to do this mod, in the end I just couldn't stand the sight of all the dust in the case and how useless the stock FD filters are.
post #14230 of 16295 Old 06-02-2016, 03:13 PM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 93
I clean my PC too much to bother with restricting airflow with filters, I'm getting an air compressor at some point so even easier cleaning. biggrin.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page