post #791 of 976 Old 03-09-2013, 01:00 PM
AMD Overclocker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyn3t View Post

next time try to get some a bit of natural light and you shot will be nice you can still fake some light having a floor lamp not to close to the rig but just to give you a easy focus on the camera and the camera will do the rest for you.

just a example here below. this is RiG project when i did it smile.gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I have a window that brings in a lot of natural light facing right at the opened part of the case... but with the curtains opened, everything starts getting super bright and faded. I can't turn the exposure down enough nor can I adjust the contrast on the camera I'm using. I know absolutely nothing about cameras so that might be my problem also lmao.biggrin.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #792 of 976 Old 03-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Not the fail3d satellite

Liked: 591
that's the trick you have to use the curtains to shade the bright light that come from window smile.gif

see this. if you have the right equipment you can use bed sheet and make it happen instead a dark curtains

♦░▒▓█▓█ [Official] EVGA 780 Ti Classified k|ngp|n Owner's Club] █▓█▓▒░♦
♦░▒█▓▒░♦ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club] ♦░▒█▓▒░♦
-=]░▒▓███ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club ███▓▒░[=-
█▓▒█▓♦ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 980 Owner's Club ♦█▓▒█▓
post #793 of 976 Old 03-09-2013, 01:06 PM
AMD Overclocker

Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyn3t View Post

this is the trick you have to use the curtains to shade the bright light that come from window smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakz View Post

definitely an improvement thumb.gif
you should really get a tripod, or just something to support your camera while shooting. I know it's a bit ghetto but it's better than nothing biggrin.gif
I believe you need to step up the exposure a bit, or try the white image via monitor to add some indirect lighting. smile.gif

So maybe up my exposure a bit and still use the curtains? and I found myself a tripod, it was hiding from me.thumb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #794 of 976 Old 03-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Not the fail3d satellite

Liked: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultracarpet View Post

So maybe up my exposure a bit and still use the curtains? and I found myself a tripod, it was hiding from me.thumb.gif

that's good. you have a tripod now , just use the lowest ISO on your camera. Use time 2, 5 or 10 secs and hit the button and let the camera do the magic use P mode. the trick using the timer is no camera shake and your picture will be 100% clear just make sure you focus in the right spot. the only way you can learn is take as much pictures you can if you change any option ( expose ) in the camera make a note one by one but if you don't want to make any note is fine because because has it right there for you. see it below

Ultracarpet likes this.

♦░▒▓█▓█ [Official] EVGA 780 Ti Classified k|ngp|n Owner's Club] █▓█▓▒░♦
♦░▒█▓▒░♦ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club] ♦░▒█▓▒░♦
-=]░▒▓███ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club ███▓▒░[=-
█▓▒█▓♦ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 980 Owner's Club ♦█▓▒█▓
post #795 of 976 Old 03-11-2013, 04:14 AM
Fan Man

Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultracarpet View Post

[/SPOILER]

I have a window that brings in a lot of natural light facing right at the opened part of the case... but with the curtains opened, everything starts getting super bright and faded. I can't turn the exposure down enough nor can I adjust the contrast on the camera I'm using. I know absolutely nothing about cameras so that might be my problem also lmao.biggrin.gif

what camera are you using, still I like the work, more exposure and if you can keep the crop to hide the wall paper that will please picky old me smile.gif

keep it up and and thanks for showing.

Knowing nothing isn't a bad thing and just experimenting is the key - have fun smile.gif

but yeah, what is your camera and i'll see what settings you can at least do. You may or may not have P mode but i'd be surprised. if you have manual, even better for complete control.

Oh and use a pile of books for a tripod if you need to smile.gif but now you've found it i look forward to more.

Canon 5D Mark 3 | 24-105 f4 L USM - 28 f1.8 USM - 70-200 f4 L | Sony NEX-6- f1.8 50mm E - f2.8 16mm E | Canon 7D - 17-55 f2.8 USM IS
post #796 of 976 Old 03-13-2013, 02:06 AM

Liked: 70
here is a pic of the rig as it stands now. Just need some black and orange fans, then I can start water cooling

Learned how to photo off this thread, thanks again to the op

post #797 of 976 Old 03-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Fan Man

I toyed with not putting these up as they are not really PC related and as always I'm hyper critical of my own work and they haven't turned out as I wanted but they are my phono cables and it's taken me ages so I thought why the heck not.

This is my first crack with my extension tubes and my homemade soft-box. I'm loving it but what a faff!! haha if you go out and spend a lot of money on what I've acquired I wouldn't blame you smile.gif - but here's for doing it on the cheap.

I've post produced them like I do most shots from my 7D.

7D f8 iso100 6sec 131mm (70-200 L - non IS)

7D f7.1 iso100 6sec 131mm (70-200 L - non IS)

What I've learnt:

• Extension tubes love to show up dust you can't see - I must wipe clean as much as I can. - The soft rubber connectors need wiping with a wet wipe to clear the dust smile.giftongue.gif
  • whilst on an extension tube, f stops seem to make very little difference to the depth of field.
  • For projects like this image stabilisers really help but patience can be just as rewarding. thumb.gif
  • My Tripod is rubbish for this type of work rolleyes.gif
  • Cheap muslin and expensive white balance soft-box material are better together than on their own and diffusing light.
  • Photoshop: Filter>Noise>Reduce Noise Is a quirky way to sharpen an image. It may not be for you but try it - Be Warned though, close up it can look odd so don't use it cart blance, getting it right in camera is always best wink.gif
  • The 7D's Noise and W/B is unacceptable - grrr

*Really off topic but I I love this watch;

7D f6.3 iso100 [easy] 104mm (70-200 L - non IS)

and yes, it is sand stuck between the glass and the bezel - I dare not try to remove it. mad.gif

Sorry - I promise I have a nice surprise for you which I'll try to upload in the next few days; It is a computer part, they are stupidly expensive and it lights up (sadly it's not mine) rolleyes.gif

Canon 5D Mark 3 | 24-105 f4 L USM - 28 f1.8 USM - 70-200 f4 L | Sony NEX-6- f1.8 50mm E - f2.8 16mm E | Canon 7D - 17-55 f2.8 USM IS
post #798 of 976 Old 03-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Case Modder

Liked: 64
Result of my photoshots

More photos in my build log smile.gif

canon 60D with 50mm f1.2 lens
dont forget the tripod and cheap black background
post #799 of 976 Old 03-18-2013, 05:15 AM
Fan Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokrik View Post

Result of my photoshots

More photos in my build log smile.gif

canon 60D with 50mm f1.2 lens
dont forget the tripod and cheap black background

these are lovely, I prefer to shoot wide with a low f stop for Pc shots and this is proof enough to me - infact these are perfect for me. Pure eye candy. Yes, having a nice rig helps but extra kudos for that.

For me there is something about water cooling tubes in focus and the rest out.

The black background is perfect on the second shot but for me is too lit up in the others. However you know this - the only way I can think of eliminating it is to bring the lighting rig and PC away from the background and maybe raise the PC off the floor with a narrow stool. This presents it's own problems but see what you can do. Maybe someone else has a better idea?

the 3rd shot the f stop has let you down, I'd have bummed it up to 2.8 to get more in focus, it's focused on something that isn't obvious or that is camera blur?!

However, really really nice thumb.gif

post #800 of 976 Old 03-18-2013, 05:50 AM
Case Modder

Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhughesuk View Post

these are lovely, I prefer to shoot wide with a low f stop for Pc shots and this is proof enough to me - infact these are perfect for me. Pure eye candy. Yes, having a nice rig helps but extra kudos for that.

For me there is something about water cooling tubes in focus and the rest out.

The black background is perfect on the second shot but for me is too lit up in the others. However you know this - the only way I can think of eliminating it is to bring the lighting rig and PC away from the background and maybe raise the PC off the floor with a narrow stool. This presents it's own problems but see what you can do. Maybe someone else has a better idea?

the 3rd shot the f stop has let you down, I'd have bummed it up to 2.8 to get more in focus, it's focused on something that isn't obvious or that is camera blur?!

However, really really nice thumb.gif

Thank you for the kind words!
Yes i can see all the point youve mentioned as something that can be fix
But to be honest taking photos for a rig that weigh maybe more than 20kg is hard
Ill get more photos when i have the chance

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page