I toyed with not putting these up as they are not really PC related and as always I'm hyper critical of my own work and they haven't turned out as I wanted but they are my phono cables and it's taken me ages so I thought why the heck not.
This is my first crack with my extension tubes and my homemade soft-box. I'm loving it but what a faff!! haha if you go out and spend a lot of money on what I've acquired I wouldn't blame you
- but here's for doing it on the cheap.
I've post produced them like I do most shots from my 7D.7D f8 iso100 6sec 131mm (70-200 L - non IS)7D f7.1 iso100 6sec 131mm (70-200 L - non IS)
What I've learnt:
- Extension tubes love to show up dust you can't see - I must wipe clean as much as I can. - The soft rubber connectors need wiping with a wet wipe to clear the dust
- whilst on an extension tube, f stops seem to make very little difference to the depth of field.
- For projects like this image stabilisers really help but patience can be just as rewarding.
- My Tripod is rubbish for this type of work
- Cheap muslin and expensive white balance soft-box material are better together than on their own and diffusing light.
- Photoshop: Filter>Noise>Reduce Noise Is a quirky way to sharpen an image. It may not be for you but try it - Be Warned though, close up it can look odd so don't use it cart blance, getting it right in camera is always best
- The 7D's Noise and W/B is unacceptable - grrr
*Really off topic but I I love this watch;7D f6.3 iso100 [easy] 104mm (70-200 L - non IS)
and yes, it is sand stuck between the glass and the bezel - I dare not try to remove it.
Sorry - I promise I have a nice surprise for you which I'll try to upload in the next few days; It is a computer part, they are stupidly expensive and it lights up (sadly it's not mine)